Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias shrugged before responding conspirationally," Well, You could use it. I'm not sure what you have to do to make the magic happen but I'm sure you could figure it out. Or you could offer it to someone for a rather high price. Not sure how well that would work and i wouldn't be helping you sell it, I feel like that's wrong." He shrugged again as if apologizing for his conscience.
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

"Well," The rogue grinned, placing a hand on Duke's saddle. "I never paid much attention when it came to learning magics or whatever, so I suppose I could see what a wand could sell for." She shrugged, pulling herself on top of the rough leather placed on her stallion's back. Cyrene chuckled. "An apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, does it?" She flashed a smile at the elf, finding amusement in his last statement.

Tobias raised an eyebrow challengingly," Which tree?" He joked before beginning to walk forward. He turned around," Your not actually going to sell it are you?" He said caution on the forefront of his statement.

Gently kicking the side of her stallion's thigh, Cyrene followed behind Tobias. "Well, that depends," She answers after a moment of silence. "Such things aren't common in the kingdom, as I'm sure you know. But I, honestly, don't know if selling it would be a good option, now that I put more thought into it. If it gets into the wrong hands.." She shuddered. "I suppose there is a right place for it, and a wrong one." Cyrene firmly nodded once before remaining silent.

Tobias frowned before shrugging. He looked up and grimaced at all of the elves looking out of their open windows at the human riding a horse. If the lack of pointy ears wasn't obvious the horse definetly was.

Well, this is one way to draw attention, the rogue thought with a weak smile. It wasn't exactly her plan to do so, but it was too late to change that. So, having to send a glance here and there, she straightened her posture and muttered a question. "Is this a usual habit?" Cyrene blinked. Though, this might actually spread word of their arrival, so there might have to be less surprise when the archer stumbles upon whomever happened to lead the elves.

Tobias chuckled, although there was no joy in it," When a round eared horse rider shows up in our village of tree folk, yes it is usual to watch in awe. How would a horse get up into one of the houses?" He pointed out.

"Who's to say?" Cyrene snickered with a light shrug. She looked around, though she attempted to keep her focus straightforward. At one point, she got a little subconscious and pulled her hood farther over her head, just to make sure her ears were fully covered.

Tobias sniggered to himself as she covered her ears," You'd think this was your first time here." He whispered jovial at her expense. He walked forward a little bit until he came to a staircase leading to the largest of the trees, which coincidentally was in the middle of the group of populated trees. He began to climb it when it began to move underneath him and he was thrown off it by a sudden jerk of the staircase. It flattened out so he couldn't go up it. He crossed his arms angrily," Really Liam?" He called up to the tree. A small blonde goofy looking elf came out of the top of the tree offering a toothy smile in apology which finally broke through Tobias's angry glare. He harumphed loudly before calling to Liam," Oh fine I'll tell you about my adventure." Then he mumbled to himself," Not that it was much of one." And the staircase returned to normal.

"A girl can be insecure every once in a while," She smiled at the elf's words, and she sent a glance his way. The redhead took the moment to absorb her surroundings, gathering little pieces of information slowly. Each detail was exciting to her, yet she was distracted by the shuffling ahead of her. Immediately, she tugged on the reins, and Duke stumbled back. "And I thought I was troublesome," Cyrene joked with a teasing chuckle, sliding off of the safety of her horse. She patted him twice before leading him to a nearby tree, tying the reins to its trunk. Though, she didn't think Duke would go anywhere, either way. Despite the thought, she shrugged and made her way back to the staircase to begin shuffling up it.

Tobias breathed in before appearing beside Liam,"Yunno I could've just teleported up hers the first time and gave you what for." He laughed as he scrubbed on the younger elf's head playfully," You've got pretty good at that haven't you?" He asked Liam before turning to Cyrene," This is my little brother Liam." He said as he looked fondly down at the younger elf," He can control wood, and plants. " He explained to her.

Watching the two share their quick moment with one another, Cyrene folded her hands together and forced a thin smile. The two appeared close, from what she could see. "Liam," The redhead repeated the name, since it was new on her tongue. She simply nodded once, firmly. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She then looked back at Tobias with a curious gleam in her expression. "Do all elves control the same... elements, if that's even the right term? Or is it all different?"

Tobias shook his head," Nah, some control, some move like me, some enhance,some enchant. Lots of different things. I'm what's called a mobile, which means I can travel using my magic. He," He started jerking a thumb to Liam," Is a controller and can move and shape his element. Some can enhance their physical strength, agility, senses, all sorts of things through magic. Others can beguile and control people rather than objects. " He shrugged," And there's probably some I'm forgetting." He said.

Liam perked up at the concept of magic," Yeah, I'm considered top of my class for magic, I can control and move things with the greatest of ease out of the students in my age level. Do humans have magic?" He asked as his green bracelet, which was actually a young twig, sprang to life and twirled itself into his hand. He continued moving the bracelet and making it grow without focusing on it.

Cyrene blinked. Slowly, she took in the information, shutting her eyes for a moment as she inhaled. Then, she grinned and reopened her eyes, shrugging. "I'll make sure to ask again later," The rogue chuckled, pulling off her hood in order to rub the back of her neck. "That information might be helpful, for some people." She chuckled.

Then, her attention floated to the younger elf. Liam, she silently corrected herself. Her laughter continued at his words. "Ah, I see," Cyrene clicked her tongue. She was distracted by the lively bracelet, but she managed to continue speaking after a moment. "Though, to answer your question, some humans can. I mean, if you were that determined to learn a certain form of magic, I'm sure you could. There are classes for that. In fact, I attended a few of those when I was younger." She grinned penitently and sheepishly. "I was never too interested, and there were some.. problems when it came to teaching me, but.." She rolled her shoulders into a shrug. "I can do the little things, I guess? It exhausts me, but I'm sure I could shift a table two inches from where it originally stood." Cyrene snorted, as if she were making fun of herself. "But, yes. There a lot more people who are more determined than I was to learn whatever they could about magics. It might not be as.. natural-" She snickered at the awful pun. "-but they somehow put up with it, I guess."

Tobias rolled his eyes," Really? Did you have to?" He asked, grinning. He had noticed her trying to absorb the information and decided to have Liam explain it sometime, after all he was the smarter of the two. Saying that Tobias would never admit that, and always brought up the point that he had been chosen for the quest, not Liam. He waved his hand to motion for them to continue up the tree and started up the steps when he heard Liam," Toby! Please, can I come with you?" And Tobias turned around glaring," Didn't we talk about thag?" He asked. Liam gave him a pouty stare and Tobias sighed," Oh, Fine. You can come. Just don't cause any trouble. Got it?" Liam nodded and Tobias continued up the stairs.

Cyrene clapped her hands together with a smile. "It felt necessary." The archer followed Tobias up the steps, chuckling as the younger elf beckoned to come along. Liam didn't seem like he could be too much trouble, but, on the other hand, he had shifted the stairs when the two had arrived. She furrowed her brows. Perhaps it didn't matter, either way the table turned. The archer sent a look around the area. "so, everyone just.. lives in the trees? Like tree nymphs from fairytales?" She perked. "No offense towards anyone, of course-"

Tobias laughed," Yes most of us live in the trees, although some stay on the ground, inside the trees." He explained as he tripped on a stair. He got up as a tendril of growth wrapped around his foot. He looked behind him as Liam giggled. He glared at Liam until the tendrils let go of him. He went up to the top and inhaled deeply before he opened a door, spilling warm light out onto the stairs.

"I suppose that would make sense, huh?" The rogue smiled, sending a glimpse at the tree. But her attention quickly shifted to Tobias and Liam again, and she couldn't help but snicker. She whispered in Liam's direction as the tendrils released the older elf, "Nice one!" The redhead quickly followed Tobias to the top of the staircase. She exhaled. "Oh goodness," She exclaimed, her eyes floating over the light. "Is it just me, or is the room glowing?"

" Conjurers." Liam explained, grinning at being able to show off his intellect," The ones that Tobias forgot. Instead of controlling, they create. One of them, a friend of mine Mirabelle, can conjure light." Tobias walked into the room.

"Mirabelle. Conjurers. Something about creating," The rogue smiled and ducked her head into a quick nod. Following after Tobias, Cyrene straightened her posture and shuffled through her satchel. Drawing the parchment from her bag, she quickly looked up again, forcing herself to share a thin grin.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus