Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

She blinked, her stare following in the direction of his. "Well.." Cyrene rolled her shoulders into a shrug. "Whatever isn't a trouble to get, I suppose." The redhead understood she was being somewhat indecisive, but she was mainly panicked that there were options, in the first place.
Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias grinned," Having trouble deciding or just being ornery?" He asked her before heading over towards the vendors with some venison," Want some? It's hearty and well cooked. I promise. And if you like there's some liver with some wild leaks." He shrugged," Or we can get something else for you but I'm gonna eat this." He said grabbing a piece of venison and placing it on a large,stiff leaf that held it's weight. Then he picked up some chunks of liver and chopped up leaks. He scooped them up into his mouth with a wooden sppon, only slightly slower than he had devoured the corn on the cob.

"Ornery?" Cyrene scoffed, rolling her eyes with a gentle smile. It took her a moment to recall what the word meant, but she eventually figured it out. "I beg to differ." Though, she did follow Tobias to one of the vendors, nodding whenever she was asked a question. The redhead followed his lead, swiping up a piece of the venison and then proceeding to put it on a leaf, surprisingly. She then got a few chunks of the liver and leaks, but made sure to put the leaks far enough to the side where it wouldn't make contact with the meat. Cyrene looked over her shoulder, smiling. "I'm sure you'll thank me later, Du-" She paused. Nothing was behind her. "Bottom of a snake! I left Duke by that tree. I'm not sure how someone can forget a creature as large as he is, but now I know it's manageable. I'll be back, Tobias."

Quickly, she scurried off, going towards the direction they came in. When she spotted her stallion still tied to the tree, she chuckled awkwardly. "I'm so sorry! I caught got up in a dream about food." Duke huffed, tilting his head back in response. "I know, I know! As if, right? C'mon, we didn't get to far before I realize you weren't there." Making a few steps forward and towards the reins wrapped around a branch, the rogue looked towards one of the satchels that were attached to his saddle. Quickly, she used her free hand, slipping the food into the satchel that she had designed for food and such items, just in case she decided to store anything. The rogue shook the leaf, slipping it onto the ground before shutting and latching the satchel. Though, she did keep one of the leaks in order to give it to Duke while she untangled the reins. "And.. there. Let's head back, alright?" With that, Cyrene and Duke made their way back to Tobias, and the redhead smiled anxiously, waving slightly as she returned.

Tobias waved back, only slightly confused." You didn't feed him your food did you? I mean i don't think horse's like meat." He chuckled." Did you get your fill, because I'm fairly decent at the moment to go on another adventure." He said rubbing his belly affectionately. He looked over at the corn again and shook his head." No, if you eat anymore you'll puke." He murmured to himself.

"Oh!" Cyrene laughed, blinking rapidly. "The food? I must've ate it when I was going back to get Duke!" She resisted the urge to facepalm. She was terrible liar when it came to the people she knew. "Well, not 'must've'. I did. If that makes sense? But, yes-" She grinned with a tilt of her head. "-I got my fair share, and I'm ecstatic about heading back." The redhead smiled, though she felt somewhat guilty about lying, even if it was a small, white lie.

Tobias just raised an eyebrow, he didn't want to press the matter. After all it didn't really matter to him." Alrighty then, let's go." He told her as he rolled his shoulders,trying to get ready for the trip. He began to walk forward before he started to grin. That grin grew into a full smile. He looked over to Cyrene and walked up to Duke." See ya, imma take the horse." He laughed.

Tobias just raised an eyebrow, he didn't want to press the matter. After all it didn't really matter to him." Alrighty then, let's go." He told her as he rolled his shoulders,trying to get ready for the trip. He began to walk forward before he started to grin. That grin grew into a full smile. He looked over to Cyrene and walked up to Duke." See ya, imma take the horse." He laughed.

Cyrene was surprised at first, but she quickly returned the smile. "If you wish. I'm planning on walking back," She chuckled. "Just a heads up; he's the worst at following commands. He's the only one who gets to choose what he does. Oh- Not to mention the things you'll want to steer clear of." As she continued speaking, she began counting on her fingers. "Don't move towards a crowd of people, don't pull on his reigns, and- oh! If you see mice- or any small rodent, for that matter- he's going to panic. And he can smell fear, so try not to be afraid, ja?" She grinned. "Good luck." With a nod, Cyrene handed Tobias the reigns with a miniature smirk, then she began making her way towards the entrance so she could head back to the kingdom she originally came from.

" Woah! Hey there." He yelled to her, obviously nervous," I was just jokin'!" He called yo her frantically. He slipped his foot out of the stirrup and looked around, unsure of what to do from there. He wobbled, unstable. His eyes went wide as he pulled on the reign to steady himself. He breathed heavily." Cyrene!"

Unfortunately, Duke was uneasy, as well. He moved back as his redhead colleague moved away, and he jerked in the opposing direction as the reigns were tugged on. Cyrene looked over her shoulder, smiling. Though her smile faded slightly as she saw the panic in both of their eyes. Hurriedly, the rogue paced back to the two. "Hey, hey!" She patted the stallion's side, slowly reaching for the reigns. "It's alright, Buddy." Duke took another step backwards. Cyrene looked towards the elf for a moment, her brows pinched as she put on a sheepish grin. "I'm so sorry- I didn't think that would, y'know, freak you out." She chuckled softly, turning her focus towards the stallion once more. "But, see? That wasn't so bad, was it, Bud?" Duke scoffed, swinging his head back and forth in response.

Tobias pushed off from the side off the horse, falling off with a sudden lack of agility. He blushed sheepishly," Well, err" He started rubbing the back of his neck nervously," I've never been on. And it wasn't your fault, I could've stayed off and teased you." He put a tentative hand out to pet the horse. He pulled it back when the horse's skin rippled to get rid of a fly. He looked to Cyrene again before brushing the horse, firm enough not to be thought a fly but gentle enough not to hurt.

Cyrene smiled, snickering softly. However, her eyes widened moderately. "You've.. never rode before?" The archer clicked her tongue, slowly lowering her hands and letting go of the reins. "My apologies! Duke probably wasn't the best choice for a first ride, huh?" She chuckled ruefully. Then, her face lit up, and she looked towards Tobias with a childlike grin. "Say.. How about another try? I mean, I won't leave again, for both of your sakes, but.." She shrugged with a lighthearted laugh.

Tobias raised an eyebrow," You want me to get back up on him after that?" He asked her incredoulisy, " I suppose I could try." He shrugged as he placed a foot in the stirrup. He swung his leg up over the horse's saddle athleticly and settled his other foot into a stirrup. He sat there hesitantly." Um... so what do I do now? He asked her tentatively.

Clapping her hands together, Cyrene jokingly winked. "Well," She placed her hands behind her back, "I suppose we can start making our way to the kingdom." She lightly rose her shoulders and let them fall. Yawning, she smiled and touched Duke's side with the flat of her hand, giving him a light shove. Her voice was soft spoken. "Alright, ready? You got this. One small, steady movement at a time." Of course, her words were aimed towards her stallion, but she did smile towards Tobias for encouragement, as well. With a hushed giggle, Cyrene began walking, snapping her fingers once to signal Duke to follow. After a obnoxious scoff, the large horse proceeded to follow, seeming to add a small kick in his step purposely.

Tobias smiled nervously. He rubbed the back of his neck. Then he breathed in deeply, closing his eyes to calm himself. He nodded, setting his mouth into a thin determined line. He began to settle down, laying across the saddle and stroking the horse's mane, pulling out the knots in it gingerly. He smiled softly to himself.

(( sorry about the late reply. been busy celebrating. sorry again))

“So,” Cyrene started out slowly, “I’ll admit, I’m surprised. Duke usually isn’t this.. calm, I guess.” Her lips formed a smaller version of a grin, though she did appreciate it. Duke whinnied underneath his heavy breath as if he was laughing in disagreement. Cyrene turned and narrowed her eyes with a smirk. “Oh, right. How could I forget about that? Pfft You bring it up all the time.” She then looked over her shoulder, at Tobias. “There are children in town who he seems to be fairly ‘calm’ with, he said. Well, said isn't the correct term, is it?” She chuckled lightly, furrowing her brows. “This is making me seem out of my mind, isn’t it?”

(( No worries! ;) We both got a little busy, huh? ;3 ))

Tobias furrowed his brow," You can speak to animals?" He asked her," I thought you failed at casting spells." He looked down to the horse fondly. He pet it's mane between the ears. Then he reached down and patted his nose.

"Speak to animals?" The rogue burst out laughing, covering her mouth with her hand for a moment as she recollected herself. "Not exactly. Though that would be.. wonderful-" She smiled to herself. "-it isn't something I can do. Yet!" Lowering her hand, Cyrene chuckled. "I'm just kidding. Like I said before, teaching me anything is near impossible. And, yes, I did fail at learning any form of magic. Besides, it's not that hard to understand Duke, really. It's just like.." She looked around, searching for something to give an example of. "It's like talking to someone you knew for a long time, I guess. Certain movements and noises mean certain things, I guess."

Tobias nodded as if he understood. " Yeah like Liam and I. He can give me a look and I'll understand it." He slowed the horse to a canter ," You want to ride him?" He asked her apologetically," I mean he is your horse." He explained with a slight shrug in her direction," I don't mind riding him, I just think it's kinda rude of me to ride your horse and make you walk." He told her. Then his brow furrowed as he thought about what she had said," Then how did you learn to shoot if your bad at learning? Or learn to ride?" He asked her.

“Yeah! Like that,” The redhead smiled, feeling slightly proud she was able to explain it. But, after listening to the elf’s next question, she looked towards him. “I don’t mind if you would like to keep riding him. I don’t think he minds, either.” She snickered lightly. “Besides, I’m not bothered by it. It’s good to get some exercise, y’know?”

There was a dip in the conversation for a moment, but it was Tobias who spoke again. Not only was she surprised by the question, she didn’t expect that the shock would reflect on her expression. “Where- no- how did I learn?” Cyrene repeated the question blankly, pinching her brows together. “I was taught by.. an old ally, I suppose. It was when I was willing to learn anything-” She grinned, though something about it was.. regretful, almost. “-and, yes, I know that sounds surprising. But, anyways, I had someone teach me how to shoot, but I learned how to ride on my own.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus