Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

Though it took her a moment to snap out of her awe, Cyrene did notice the modest change in the elf's expression the further they entered the room. She furrowed her brows. "Tobias," The rogue reached her hand outwards and grabbed his, walking backwards. "I've decided it isn't worth it. After the trouble caused with your leaders, I'm afraid I would like to avoid stirring up mischief for a while." She sent a worried, yet brisk, glimpse towards the direction of his collar. "Besides, I'd like to keep the both of my hands when I return to the kingdom." She shuddered.
Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias shrugged," You sure? I mean maybe you'd like to have one on a wall." He laughed, covering up the fact that as soon as she said they didn't need the wand he had scurried away from the wire." So, now I turn in my letter and hope it goes better than here."

"Definitely. Besides, I'm sure there has to be another wand or.. something, and it probably won't cause as much inconvenience," The rogue nodded, letting go of his hand as she sent a look over her shoulder. Turning her attention back to the elf, she yawned. "Mhm. I'm sure the king will be excited to get a response. He can drive himself mad, sometimes." She chuckled lightly.

" He actually cares about a response?" Tobias queried," Like if I walk in their he isn't gonna be like... well them." He said tilting his head towards the room where the elders were," And I mean, a hand on a wall could be really neat. Like if they chopped off one then it could be neat to convince them to give you the hand back."

"King Louis? No, no. Sure, he thinks of himself as higher than the rest of us- and he is- but he also treats others with some sort of.. respect, if that's the right word. Though, he isn't particularly my favorite person," Cyrene scrunched her nose, but she turned quickly and snorted, which was an excuse of a laugh. "Tobias! I would like to keep both of my hands attached to my arms, thank you!"

He grinned," Ya sure? They would make really cool decorations." Then he looked to her," Did you steal something of his? Or do you just dislike authority?" He asked, still grinning from the earlier joke.

"I'm sure having my own hands as decor would be better than anything I manage to steal," She chuckled, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Steal something? Oh, please! I'm not that inconsiderate." Cyrene glanced at the elf. "I might've let snakes roam around his castle. Once or twice."

Tobias snickered," I think you would be that inconsiderate but anyway... Snakes!" He doubled over laughing," That's great!" He continued laughing for a while before regaining control over himself. He breathed in deeply to calm himself," Ready?" He asked," Or do you wanna go grab some food first?"

"Pfft! I was caught the last time I attempted to steal one of those- what do you call it?- platters? But, thankfully, it was one of the younger and newer guards, so I got away with it." The redhead chuckled. Though, her eyes suddenly lit up. "Food?" She clapped her hands together twice with a smile. "Could we possibly stop for some?" She looked towards him, clearing her throat. "I mean, if you wouldn't mind, of course."

Tobias laughed," Yes we can stop for food. What kind do you want?" He asked," We got fried squirrels,cooked venison and liver, bluejay. We've also got quite a few vendors that sell dandelion green salads, or other plants." He rattled off. Then his eyed lit up," And corn." He closed his eyes nearly drooling over the idea of cooked corn," I don't care what else we get we're grabbin' some cooked corn on the cob." He nodded as I'd confirming himself.

"Hmhm!" Cyrene hummed as if she were holding back an excited laugh, feeling the giddy building in her chest. "Anything! Anything would be.. great, honestly!" She paused with a sheepish grin. "Except those dandelion salads you mention. I'm allergic to flower petals, I think." The redhead chuckled, as if she were slightly embarrassed by the fact. But, despite this, she still seemed ecstatic to finally get something to eat, and she would be grateful if it was something little, even.

Tobias shook his head laughing," Nah, not petals. It's the actual leaves. They taste like any other salad." He shrugged," Or so I hear. Never had any other salad then dandelion greens. Any specific types of food. I mean everyone's got their favorite food." He shrugged

The redhead nodded slowly, grinning as she tapped her chin. "I mean, it's not like I was actually diagnosed with being allergic specifically to the petals- or any parts of a flower, for that matter- but it's just a guess, I suppose. But, just to be safe, I'll avoid it," Smiling weakly, she rubbed the back of her neck as she looked back to the elf. "But.. just anything. I'm not very picky. I'll just follow you."

Tobias shook his head," If I were you I'd never trust someone else with my food choices but," He shrugged," If you want to follow then it's your problem." He said walking over to go find some corn on a cob. He spread some butter, although they hadn't passed any cow farms that could produce milk for butter. He spread it on hos corn before biting into it. He wiped the juice off his chin with his sleeve. He smiled to Cyrene," This is the good stuff!"

Awkwardly, she followed after him, looking around. "Where.. does this stuff come from, exactly?" Cyrene queried, furrowing her brows in curiosity. "I don't exactly remember passing by any agriculture, on our way here. Though, my memory is fuzzy, so I suppose I can't really say such things." She chuckled uneasily. His first statement had caused her to be somewhat anxious, now that it was brought to her attention that she wasn't in the alleyways or marketplace of her hometown, but in an unfamiliar place.

Tobias looked up from his corn." Well,a summoner. He still can't believe he got that." He said shaking his head," Merlin always wanted to be a warrior, until his magic turned out to be the ability to summon food." He laughed," It made us all a little disapointed, him most of all."

She sent a glance at the corn he was holding. Her heart sank. "Really?" Cyrene blinked, putting on a fake, sympathetic smile. "It sounds like a good ability, in my opinion. If he summons food, then doesn't that mean he's helping others by every passing moment? Besides, who says a little unexpected magic can stop someone from becoming a warrior?" Her sham of a smile widened slightly, though she was having trouble hiding her own form of disappointment.

Though she did think the ability to summon food was unique and special in it's own way, it was the food itself that worried her. She had been warned to steer clear of magics thanks to a group of rogues she ended up turning her back on, but who was she to listen to them? She had been perfectly fine on her own, and she hadn't dared acknowledge their playacting warning. Well, until she was complementing her own health, of course. "Suddenly," Cyrene held up her hands, her gaze not leaving the food Tobias held quite yet, "I think I'm not hungry anymore. Whenever you're ready, we'll start heading to the kingdom."

Tobias rolled his eyes," The other food is all real, only the butter is magically made. You don't have to be afraid of it." He shook his head muttering something under his breath," Besides, if you want we can cook the rabbit I caught earlier and you can have that." He shrugged," But if your really sure your not hungry..." He dropped the sentence wandering off towards the path they had followed to get to the even village.

"Wait!" Cyrene sighed, sending a glimpse around the area. "I might've been anxious about the food here, but the whole 'I'm not hungry' statement was false." The redhead sheepishly grinned. "Besides, it's not like I'm afraid of it, really. I'm just.. What's the right word for this? Paranoid..?" She snapped her fingers. "Yes, paranoid. I think. No offense, of course. It's just- who can really trust food that's summoned? Wait- that's.. not what I meant. This place is unusual, and I'm just not used to it? No, no. Not unusual as in 'it's peculiar and unlikable', because I love it here. But-" Quickly, she looked down at her feet. "I'll shut my trap before I say anything else impudent."

Tobias chuckled at her state of uncomfort." It's all good!" He laughed flopping a hand around lazily to gesture that he knew she didn't mean any harm." What do you want then?" He asked as his gaze drifted across all of the vendors.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus