Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What animal would you like to pet at least once?

Red panda.
As someone who dumped the "survival instinct" stat who also worked in a zoo for a brief stint I have pet a lot of the animals people have listed here. I can tell you what an animal feels like to the touch if you'd like.

My top 3 favorites I have pet were the crow―because of its adorable reaction and how I made him start a coin collection by giving him change―the tiger―because surviving that was a trip in itself―and the panda―because it is the only bear I touched so far that hasn't at least tried to kill me.

The animal I have not pet yet I would love to pet is the maned wolf because it's kinda like the platypus in that it seems to have a bunch of random traits from animals that don't normally mix and, if the platypus was any indication, it probably feels nothing like you think it does.
MasterWinter

AlexSilverX's post
AlexSilverX wrote:
As someone who dumped the "survival instinct" stat who also worked in a zoo for a brief stint I have pet a lot of the animals people have listed here. I can tell you what an animal feels like to the touch if you'd like.

My top 3 favorites I have pet were the crow―because of its adorable reaction and how I made him start a coin collection by giving him change―the tiger―because surviving that was a trip in itself―and the panda―because it is the only bear I touched so far that hasn't at least tried to kill me.

The animal I have not pet yet I would love to pet is the maned wolf because it's kinda like the platypus in that it seems to have a bunch of random traits from animals that don't normally mix and, if the platypus was any indication, it probably feels nothing like you think it does.

Oooohh! Have you pet a wolf? If so: Please tell me what it feels like petting such a majestic animal!
Winters_Fury wrote:
Oooohh! Have you pet a wolf? If so: Please tell me what it feels like petting such a majestic animal!

Yes I have!

Basically, wolves are not as soft as they look because they have a protective overcoat of long hairs over their undercoat of softer fur. They are not harsh to the touch, but they are certainly not a silky, soft coat either. Wolf fur has some qualities like a long-haired dog’s, but it’s more coarse than, say, a golden retriever for example. It’s closer to some rough-coated breeds, like wolfhounds, but still not quite the same. Especially in the winter, the wolves grow a very thick undercoat of softer fur to keep them warm, which traps heat close to the body until they shed it in spring. The under-fur is softer and is more prominent in the puppies. That’s why their puppies, on the other hand, have a very soft, fluffy coat, which is lovely to the touch... but unless you're a zoo-keeper and the wolves are already accustomed to humans, for the love of all that is worth loving, DO NOT TOUCH A WOLF PUP!
MasterWinter

AlexSilverX wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:

Yes I have!

Basically, wolves are not as soft as they look because they have a protective overcoat of long hairs over their undercoat of softer fur. They are not harsh to the touch, but they are certainly not a silky, soft coat either. Wolf fur has some qualities like a long-haired dog’s, but it’s more coarse than, say, a golden retriever for example. It’s closer to some rough-coated breeds, like wolfhounds, but still not quite the same. Especially in the winter, the wolves grow a very thick undercoat of softer fur to keep them warm, which traps heat close to the body until they shed it in spring. The under-fur is softer and is more prominent in the puppies. That’s why their puppies, on the other hand, have a very soft, fluffy coat, which is lovely to the touch... but unless you're a zoo-keeper and the wolves are already accustomed to humans, for the love of all that is worth loving, DO NOT TOUCH A WOLF PUP!

Dōmo arigatōgozaimashita (Thank you very much) for that! I'm going to make a note of that, for future reference with my OC's involving wolves!

I wouldn't dare touch a wolf pup anyways, for fear of the protective pack. But thanks for the warning on that too! <3
I would absolutely want to pet a sea otter. It's been a dream of mine since I was a teenager, and I just really, really, really want to pet one. >_>
RedElaborateIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

OTTER! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
nindyaru

I want to pet a sloth 🦥, because they look so cute.

outreach-two-toed-sloth-agnes-feb-5-2014-1024x683.jpg
A Binturong for me. They are so sweet and I find it incredibly fascinating that an enzyme in their urine makes them smell like buttered popcorn.

maxresdefault.jpg
A humpback whale
Red Panda , I would say pengein but I already pet one back a couple years ago.
A quokka, I mean look at this little face how could you not want to?

[img]https://i1.wp.com/bestlifeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/what-is-quokka.jpg?resize=970%2C546&ssl=1[/img]
LakotaSiouxWarrior

A Wolf they are beautiful majestic animals.
Angler fish.....
gimme a koala panda or a polar bear pls<3<3<3<3
The animal I most definitely would like to pet is an Alpaca. I have not been to an Alpaca Farm just yet, but, I am hoping that farms will open soon, so that I can fulfill a life-long dream of petting an Alpaca!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What animal would you like to pet at least once?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus