Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Well... Hello? πŸ‘‰πŸ‘ˆ

Hi! I'm new here... I've played a lot of RPGs before, but they were in person, not online... And naturally, I would love to someone to explain like... How do thing work? I miss roleplaying so so so so much and I would love to try this out. Please be kind? 🌜 Lots of love!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to the RPRepository family.
Rogue-Scribe

Hello LunaHiena!
Welcome to RP Repository!
Writing RP here is really fun!
Welcome to RPR!

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP tool or check out the Looking for RP forum.

The site can be overwhelming at first, but feel free to ask if you have any questions. Lots of friendly people around willing to help out. :)

Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs to be a part of!
Mina Moderator

Hi LunaHiena!

I also play some in person tabletops that are very heavy on roleplay. I'd suggest looking over some existing roleplays so that you might get a sense of how they flow. It's not much different from RP in tabletop games. It's just a bit more descriptive, and it's turn based. Some people like to play in real time, while others will reply to posts whenever it's convenient. There are lots of communities here that can be found through the Looking for RP forums or just at the section for Groups, under the community tab! hope that you find lots of great new partners. I have been RPing for about fifteen years and it's a huge passion for me.
Hey Luna,

You're going to find a lot of friendly open people here, so don't worry. Lots of us have played both offline tabletop and forum/post-based RPs. I'll outline some (very general) differences in what you can expect. These depend on who you're RPing with, generally. But most often:

Tabletop RPs generally have a GM/DM, someone who directs your "end goals" and plays all of the NPCs. Tabletop games also usually have a strong dice or random-number base to decide outcomes, with a set of rules for how that goes down, and character level progression.
With open, forum-based games, like what you'll find on RPR, most often you are your own GM/DM (not always). So throwing your own NPCs around where needed. The emphasis is also more on typing posts/description/character interaction and development, with less weight put on dice. There are no dice-rules unless you and your friends choose to make some up... You really don't need to use dice at all if you don't want to.

Definitely take other's advice and poke around the LFR forums, to see what you might be interested. There are people looking for 1x1 RPs, where just the two of you flesh out and build your story. But there are also lots of groups (check out here), where lots of characters interact--often within a moderated setting, maybe towards a common goal a la D&D. Some people prefer to RP on RPR itself, and some prefer taking it to a separate chat client like discord. It's all about preferences.

(I'm a big fan of drow too, and I think you'll find some fitting fantasy-minded people or groups for Leena).
JauntyShoddyAsianporcupine-small.gif
HELLO AND WELCOME TO RPR!
I do hope you enjoy your stay and it's really nice to meet you.
Anyway, always stay safe! See you around! <3
welcome!! If you ever need anyone to talk to I won't mind!
always up for talking!
Morrigan

Hello there! Welcome to RPR! I hope you find some new friends and writing partners! Have fun!
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
EchoDremurr

Welcome to roleplay repository!

I'm Echo nice to meet you and in this site, everyone has fun!

It has a lot of different ways and options to roleplay and expand (let's say xD) your roleplay skills

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them! (Even though I dont know much..)

Anyways! Have fun here!

β™‘ECHOβ™‘
Mipps

:star: Welcome, I hope you have lots of fun here :star:
LunaHiena Topic Starter

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
Hello and welcome to the RPRepository family.
Thank you so much!
LunaHiena Topic Starter

The-Ancient wrote:
Hello LunaHiena!
Welcome to RP Repository!
Writing RP here is really fun!
Thank you! I can't wait to try it out!
LunaHiena Topic Starter

Somnom wrote:
Welcome to RPR!

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP tool or check out the Looking for RP forum.

The site can be overwhelming at first, but feel free to ask if you have any questions. Lots of friendly people around willing to help out. :)

Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs to be a part of!

Thank you for the help! I'll do my best and have some fun here πŸŒ›
LunaHiena Topic Starter

Mina wrote:
Hi LunaHiena!

I also play some in person tabletops that are very heavy on roleplay. I'd suggest looking over some existing roleplays so that you might get a sense of how they flow. It's not much different from RP in tabletop games. It's just a bit more descriptive, and it's turn based. Some people like to play in real time, while others will reply to posts whenever it's convenient. There are lots of communities here that can be found through the Looking for RP forums or just at the section for Groups, under the community tab! hope that you find lots of great new partners. I have been RPing for about fifteen years and it's a huge passion for me.

Fifteen years? Well that's impressive! I have been playing for 6 years and writing on my own for 10. I think this will be a great way to put both of them together. Thank you for the help!! ❀️
LunaHiena Topic Starter

AJ_89 wrote:
Hey Luna,

You're going to find a lot of friendly open people here, so don't worry. Lots of us have played both offline tabletop and forum/post-based RPs. I'll outline some (very general) differences in what you can expect. These depend on who you're RPing with, generally. But most often:

Tabletop RPs generally have a GM/DM, someone who directs your "end goals" and plays all of the NPCs. Tabletop games also usually have a strong dice or random-number base to decide outcomes, with a set of rules for how that goes down, and character level progression.
With open, forum-based games, like what you'll find on RPR, most often you are your own GM/DM (not always). So throwing your own NPCs around where needed. The emphasis is also more on typing posts/description/character interaction and development, with less weight put on dice. There are no dice-rules unless you and your friends choose to make some up... You really don't need to use dice at all if you don't want to.

Definitely take other's advice and poke around the LFR forums, to see what you might be interested. There are people looking for 1x1 RPs, where just the two of you flesh out and build your story. But there are also lots of groups (check out here), where lots of characters interact--often within a moderated setting, maybe towards a common goal a la D&D. Some people prefer to RP on RPR itself, and some prefer taking it to a separate chat client like discord. It's all about preferences.

(I'm a big fan of drow too, and I think you'll find some fitting fantasy-minded people or groups for Leena).

I'll take a look around and try it out as soon as I can. Also, it's heartwarming how you guys are so welcoming and helpful... thank you so much for the help!
LunaHiena Topic Starter

HibariHaru013 wrote:
JauntyShoddyAsianporcupine-small.gif
HELLO AND WELCOME TO RPR!
I do hope you enjoy your stay and it's really nice to meet you.
Anyway, always stay safe! See you around! <3

Thank you!! ❀️❀️ Lots of love.
LunaHiena Topic Starter

Scarletwolf wrote:
welcome!! If you ever need anyone to talk to I won't mind!
always up for talking!

Thank you so much! I'll PM you as soon as I can. ❀️
LunaHiena Topic Starter

Morrigan wrote:
Hello there! Welcome to RPR! I hope you find some new friends and writing partners! Have fun!

Thanks for the warmth, Morrigan! Love your nickname, btw. ❀️

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Well... Hello? πŸ‘‰πŸ‘ˆ

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus