Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Rosetta banner (played by Dib2435)

I actually like the idea of time travel being a plot element. Yes it is use alot, but it is amazing how much creativity people put into it. " Rose said with a small smile on her face before she turn into her wolfpup form.

" what do you think about people who cosplay ? "
Dean Winchester (played anonymously)

"It's friggin' epic," Dean smirked. "I mean, I ain't been to no convention or anything, but some of those nerds can really pull off some pretty awesome costumes. I don't know that I'd ever get into that. I may appreciate, you know, nerdisms, but I ain't really that big into it."

There is a huge possibility that Dean Winchester is lying, and it is blatantly evident by the shifty expression he now sports. Were his brother here, he'd be so called out right about now, but thankfully he has this grand opportunity to try and play it off, albeit poorly.

"So, uh, what's your opinion on the whole debate about pies verses cake? I mean we clearly know who the victor is here. I mean, c'mon. No questions asked, amirite?"
Taluna (played anonymously)

"As a wise man once said; ¡¿Por que no los dos?! BWA HA HA HA HA!!"

"What's your opinion on us gnomes, huh??"
Dael (played by Quillweave)

"Gnomes are - well..." Dael glances behind him to a Gnomish woman on a stool, efficiently sliding books off the shelf and into a stack. "... Industrious, from what I have seen. Focused, hard-working. They are a small people, but certainly what they lack in physique they more than make up for in wit. But I lack much experience with their kind, I am afraid, save for with - "

The woman turns sharply, glasses perched low on a beak-like nose as she hops over and shoves the stack of books into Dael's arm. "That'll do. Next section, hop to it!"

"Yes, Loremaster..." A sigh, then he manages a quick question of his own before being whisked off. "... Well, I suppose that leads to the question of, what do you think of half-elves?"
"Many of the Valradic Empire's citizens hail from this clade, i apportion my judgements more on deeds and actions rather than stock though the natural affinities of half-elves lend them to be excellent skirmishers, scouts, scholars and more, needless to say, their integration into the Valradic Empire was arguably quite seamless because they were more prone to be rejected by their own kind, The Empire waged a war on this very pretext against the elven high king at the time Aranthalor III in 986 A.E. because he waged a campaign of genocide and ethnic cleansing against the high elves, I cannot say our motives were entirely just because the Empire was looking for an excuse to expand on the elven territory with whom we had an accord of peace formerly. Many half-elves were liberated, many served in our armies and in positions of administration and office and continue to do so, their beauty unfortunately also makes them a prime target during slave raids, not purported by us of course, The Empire banned slavery. Whether I've made their acquaintance on the battlefield or in the brothel it has always been a favorable experience and thus my opinion of them is such, that individuals are never represented by their collective and that they are merely a race of mer, people whom lead their lives and whom have every right and liberty afforded under the Imperial Common Charter, Lex Libertas"

What is your opinion on governance/political systems ?
Dean Winchester (played anonymously)

"First of all, let me just say this," Dean heaved a sigh that reflected in the lifting and falling of his broad shoulders. "You guys got each other's back with those decent-ass replies. I got nonsense. Pissed me right off, so I'll give you the time of day because clearly you deserve it. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm breakin' the fourth wall here a bit, but shit, I don't know how much of the nonsense I can take from some of these disrespectful little tyrants. And that was me bein' nice about it."

The hunter craned his head sideways as he brooded over a system he and his family had deemed broken long ago. "Honestly, I think it's all one really big, hot mess. I mean, I've never been one for politics anyway -- especially at the dinner table -- but the whole shebang is based on money, corruption, and greed. You hardly ever see any good come out of it; especially when it comes to justice. The angels taught me 'bout that load of crap. But then, I guess the alternative is complete anarchy, but hell, that's a life I already lead as it is. I imagine it would be a cakewalk for us, huh?"

Dean chuckled and gave the other man a lopsided grin. "I'm no professional though, so..."

He turned then on his heel, the grin ever present, "I'm going to try this again. What is your opinion on the things that go bump in the night?"
Cora (played by Dib2435)

Cora softly giggles shy and scared " I don't really like most things that ir a chocar en la noche ( go bump in the night ). I never like things like that ever since I was little, thanks to my grandma Rosa telling me these so call bedtime stories to me when I was younger. Their more of scary stores than bedtime stories. "

A calm and cute smirk show up on her face " What do you think about tv channels that are in spainsh? "
Jessica Rivera (played anonymously)

“I think they are great! I got my first job on TV on a Spanish-language channel.”

“What is your opinion on tequila?”
" Tequila ? I cannot say I've ever heard of such a thing, there are many forms of liquor across Tyranoth none of them called Tequila, though I'm something of a libation enthusiast and would savor an opportunity to sample this tequila "

" What is your opinion on philosophy ? "
Ruin (played anonymously)

"I often reflect upon beliefs, attitudes, values, and concepts connected with our existence." He inhales sharply before continuing, his eyes cold and penetrating keeping his own speculations concealed. "It's quite enlightening." He exhales with amused satisfaction, offering a faint curl of a grin.

"What is your opinion on...say, gaining trust from people who are obstacles in your life, before you screw with them?"
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

"I think it's a crappy thing to do." The artist crosses her arms over her chest, giving the stranger a small frown. "The only time I think that would ever be warranted was if someone did it to you and you're giving them a taste of their own medicine, but even then I still think it's a crappy thing to do. If someone's an obstacle in your life then just get around them, don't waste everyone's time. I certainly don't think you should do something so manipulative to someone who genuinely wants to help you or be kind to you, in any case."

She says the last part rather passionately and doesn't appear to be looking at the other person anymore, instead scowling at the ground. It's obvious she's trying to appear angry, or maybe threatening, but she only looks kind of hurt and irritated.

With a huff, Maisi unfolds her arms and lifts her hands to run them through her hair in a slow, calming motion. "Anyway... What's your opinion on modern art? You know, that black-dot-on-a-white-background stuff, or the paint splatters that people say their toddler could do better?"
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

"I really don't understand any of that....I mean...why!?" A look of confusion clearly evident "It's one thing for someone to make that so-called art but it's all the others who agree with them! I'd say they are more insane than those who do the little black dot or paint splats because they are encouraging it..." He sighs "But...saying that there are too many arguments around the different styles of magic..."

"On that note, what's your opinion on magic?"
Salem Lynch (played by Banshee)

"Use with discretion or not at all. It only takes one idiot with a phone and then everyone will be all up in your grill about it." *gestures vaguely* "Other than that, I say go for it! People are allowed to make their own horrible mistakes, like I did..."

"Hypothetically of course, how would you treat someone you know have committed murder? Would that have an impact on your opinion of them?"
River Moore (played by Zoe_Ana)

"No. Lord knows I've made too many mistakes to judge people. It all really depends on why. What was the reason they felt was necessary for the taking of a life they did not give?" He shrugs slightly, "And that, in itself, is relative. Who am I to judge someone else's actions when I've made grievous decisions myself?

"When put in a situation where one choice hurts someone you love and the other destroys your enemy's chances of hurting you again, which choice would you choose?"
Deanna Harris (played anonymously)

"The one that destroys my enemy's chances of hurting me again. What's your opinion on free love?"
"All love is precious, whether free or bought, an old imperial saying goes, the gods blessed and cursed man by vesting happiness in three things, silver, wine, and the loins of a woman. Take it as you may, love is love, and it is a great thing to be had and a horrid thing to be lost"

What's your character's opinion on culture and society ?
Shanni Auclair (played by Falyn)

"I'm an archeologist, obviously it means a great deal. I spend my time researching Middle Eastern cultures and societies. Did you know it was not only thanks to monks and nuns in the European monasteries, but also to Islamic scholars that texts on sciences and various texts on philosophy were saved during the Dark Ages. Evidence of archeological findings suggests that surgery was already in use during the Islamic Medieval period compared to Europe. I would love to delve deeper into Asian traditions and cultures as well as Aboriginal American ones. The knowledge, culture and philosophies of all of one world's cultures, let alone that of other worlds would never be encompassed in a trillion live times."

"What is your character's opinion on adding a new wonder to the list of wonders of the Ancient world, what should it be?"
Ruin (played anonymously)

Chuckling softly to himself, his pale sage eyes sought those of Shanni, offering her a favourable smile. It was evident what knowledge he planned to contribute would be appreciated, few knew of the existence of places he once called home. Standing motionless for a moment, he inhaled sharply, poised theatrically. "I would offer the tomb of Tiamat." He spoke in a gentle manner, his voice even-toned as he began to slowly pace around the attractive young woman.
"It's an underground well that was built by slaves during the early Sumerian occupation of what was once Mesopotamia. It wasn't built to be her tomb per se, but she did end up there, for a while. The well is located in the Nafud desert, and difficult to get to." He leaned in a little but not to the measure that he invaded her private space, more of a gesture of welcoming her presence and to investigate her reaction towards him. "We could discuss more over dinner if it pleases you? I would be honored to have your delightful company." His eyes brightened mirthfully before he offered the next person his question.

"What's your opinion on all these dead people buried with their riches?"
Callisto Windspear (played anonymously)

"A lovely practice that keeps me well entertained and my university with plenty of funds."

"What is your opinion of traditionalism?"
" It is an immutable fact that everything is subject to change and evolution, those who are too stuck in their ways are likely to wither and wane either such is the unfortunate consequence yielded by the tides of time. Nothing lasts forever, not even cultures or societies all are likely the change, The Empire today is not what it was 500 years ago and surely there are those amongst us whom lament the "olden days", fools I say, what they really miss is the power or capacity afforded to them during a prior time, such that when misfortune strikes them in the future they say "Woe is me for such are the times", the times do not take into account the opinion of any man and traditionalism is no excuse for ignore. There is however, another side of traditionalism, which is preserving some degree of principles for the sake of utilizing them in order to build upon the new, change in itself may not need to be sudden, ideally it should be gradual and cumulative, that is not however the de-facto stance of traditionalists. I think those whom hold strongly to tradition do so out of a very primal, very instinctive fear in all of us, which is fear of the unknown, the unseen and an inherent caution when approaching something new, since we are able to acknowledge that curiosity sometimes leads to bitter ends, in other cases, tradition in itself affords a sort of means of preserving power structures. Tradition fundamentally, as a construct of society is meaningless, we are only a very high order of animal after all and I would deem one haughty to assume otherwise. Whether you choose to preserve tradition or forego it, in the grand scheme of things, it matters not, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

" What is your opinion on governance ? not government, governance, as in how do you think societies should be oriented, ordered and ruled ? "

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus