Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Whats your favorite game?

If you have a favorite, what is it? Does your favorite game constantly switch every time you find a new game that you like, or have you had the same favorite for a long time? What is the game about exactly and what draws you to it?

My favorite is a game called Rain World, which is made by videocult, and it's set in a open-world ecosystem dystopian environment with incredibly smart A.I and amazing pixel graphics. This game is also incredibly freaking hard, IGN's gave the game a low rating for the only reason of, and I kid you not, being "too hard". So if you want something challenging, this is it.
I personally still like Mrs. Pacman, Tetris, and the original Super Mario Brothers. And Snood.
Dahaka Viles (played by JasintheDemon)

Personally, my favorite game would have to be Dark Souls 2. There is more story then the first game. And in either game I simply love the idea of gaining more and more strength to crush the biggest of monsters, and if you pardon my pun, the darkest of souls.
FabopFrankie wrote:
If you have a favorite, what is it? Does your favorite game constantly switch every time you find a new game that you like, or have you had the same favorite for a long time? What is the game about exactly and what draws you to it?

My favorite is a game called Rain World, which is made by videocult, and it's set in a open-world ecosystem dystopian environment with incredibly smart A.I and amazing pixel graphics. This game is also incredibly freaking hard, IGN's gave the game a low rating for the only reason of, and I kid you not, being "too hard". So if you want something challenging, this is it.

It's hard to choose, but I love fighting games like street fighters and king of fighters. And classic games like super mario and donkey kong😅 I think it's because I grew up with those games.
Easy, kingdom hearts I don’t have a specific favorite one but I always loved the storyline as a kid I didn’t know what was going on in the games I just liked the colors and Disney characters ofc but in these last few years I took the time to learn the timeline, the story, the characters backstory everything. This made the experience much more heartbreaking and more personal to me I played the first game when it came out and have been playing them since they are just so close to me, yes the story is all over the place yes the dialogue is cheesy and cliche but that’s why I love it. It’s an imperfect perfect mess of a game that is just so amazing. ((That and my bby Aqua is the best dont come for her.))
RosenSchwert

Favorite games are Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter, probably because I like the grinding aspect both games have to offer. For MonHun it is farming monsters for gear/rare items and then with FF it is grinding to max level.
I have a bias toward games with longevity and replay value, so I lean in the direction of either established series-es or MMOs. I’ve found both in Final Fantasy, Warcraft, and Elder scrolls, and I recommend those to any weirdo who hasn’t tried them out yet.
ChebaTheBee

Guild Wars 2 has been a favorite game for me since 2018. It's a fantasy MMO which has lots of content. It has stuff like PvE, PvP and WvW (world vs world which is basically server vs server type of mode).
Although the main story doesn't interest me much I ADORE it's lore, and to me it's fun to rp in it. You can also use novelties (stuff like tonics, chairs, instruments) that can come in handy for rp. Other things I love about it would be character customization, cosmetics and races such as charr, norn and sylvari. Plus the game has a good community, but sadly you can still find people who are toxic in whichever mode you play, and... strange folks so to speak. I'm currently in this one guild where people are so sweet and welcoming, and I love joking around with people I talk with there.
Another game that's my favorite is Saints Row 2. Just like GW2 it's been my favorite since the very same year. The story is cool to me and my favorite activity there was fight club. I would love to play it again, and create a new character there too (oh and play fight club again, that'd be great). >v<
Despite the good competition I've found after the release of this one, Dishonored 2 still holds firmly the spot for my best game yet (incredibly, it even survived the ferocious assault of Half-Life: Alyx). I am a sucker for Stealth games, and the Dishonored franchise gave me the one thing I really want in this kind of game: freedom of choice.
Despite the good competition I've found after the release of this one, Dishonored 2 still holds firmly the spot for my best game yet (incredibly, it even survived the ferocious assault of Half-Life: Alyx and Satisfactory). I am a sucker for Stealth games, and the Dishonored franchise gave me the one thing I really want in this kind of game: freedom of choice.
Aaaand I quoted my reply, my bad >.<
ChebaTheBee wrote:
Guild Wars 2 has been a favorite game for me since 2018. It's a fantasy MMO which has lots of content. It has stuff like PvE, PvP and WvW (world vs world which is basically server vs server type of mode).
Although the main story doesn't interest me much I ADORE it's lore, and to me it's fun to rp in it. You can also use novelties (stuff like tonics, chairs, instruments) that can come in handy for rp. Other things I love about it would be character customization, cosmetics and races such as charr, norn and sylvari. Plus the game has a good community, but sadly you can still find people who are toxic in whichever mode you play, and... strange folks so to speak. I'm currently in this one guild where people are so sweet and welcoming, and I love joking around with people I talk with there.
Another game that's my favorite is Saints Row 2. Just like GW2 it's been my favorite since the very same year. The story is cool to me and my favorite activity there was fight club. I would love to play it again, and create a new character there too (oh and play fight club again, that'd be great). >v<

Oh my gosh, I grew up on guild wars and eventually got into guild wars 2!! My brother and I used to play together all the time, just exploring and trying to 100% everywhere :')
Claine Moderator

At the moment my favourite game is the Yakuza series (although I haven't played all of them yet.) They somehow manage to walk the tightrope between earnest and serious and unbelievably goofy. I also used to live in Japan, so running around Tokyo and Osaka (although slightly fictionalised) is really nostalgic to me.
the Mass Effect trilogy, by far - every time I open up the title screen for that first game, it feels like I'm coming home. <3
Seilin (played anonymously)

At the moment? Fallout 4, followed closely by Fallout 76.
There are a lot of other games that I rotate through depending on my mood at the time.
Minecraft and Tetris.

JUST CUBE AND ONLY CUBE!
RoundTableKing wrote:
Minecraft and Tetris.

JUST CUBE AND ONLY CUBE!

Tetris, you say?

Would that be classic, or modern? I'd say all the variants of Modern Tetris could count as my favorite game...

...Except for Tetris 99. What were they thinking with that control scheme? >.<;

I'll also play Audiosurf 2 when I'm stressed. Does that count?

Edit: Oh, I also speedrun single levels in Celeste sometimes. I suppose having 80+ hours in that game makes it a favorite.

My childhood favorite game is Spyro the Dragon.
Hmm my childhood favorite would be the Ape Escape series.

Favorite horror game(s) are a tie between Silent Hill series and Fatal Frame series. Because...well...Pyramid Head. And ghosty ghost versus cameras.

Favorite RPG game....the Tales of series. My favorites have become Zestiria/Berseria. Actually I would love to do a story sometime with something similar to Zestiria/Berseria with some twists and changes. I have a love for games where you are in the same area in two different time periods separated by large spans.
Do we consider roleplay a game?
Claine wrote:
At the moment my favourite game is the Yakuza series (although I haven't played all of them yet.) They somehow manage to walk the tightrope between earnest and serious and unbelievably goofy. I also used to live in Japan, so running around Tokyo and Osaka (although slightly fictionalised) is really nostalgic to me.

Ahh, someone with impeccable taste! This series always rates in my favorite games of any given year, including Judgment.

I'm a huge fan of any Dragon Quest game, myself, and would say those are my absolute favorites. Obviously Yakuza 7 was like they made a game based on my diary (if I kept one!)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Whats your favorite game?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus