Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to here, not to RP. Nice to meet you

Hi there, I've been RPing for a very long time. I started something like 15 years ago or so. I do a lot of deep world building for my characters. I like them to feel like real people. I love their strengths and their flaws. I'm an Archeologist and Anthropologist, so usually my characters have something about human nature in them. Honestly, this is just my passion of a hobby and I have a lot of fun with it. I'm pretty outgoing, so don't be afraid to chat with me if you want. Look forward to meeting some of you people.
Welcome Witchthief! :)

Archeology sounds like such a cool job. Do you actually get to go out and dig up artifacts? Or does that happen more on TV than in real life? ;)
Hello and welcome to the site! I love your account name and icon!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a ton of nice people around willing to help out. :D

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP tool or check out the Looking for RP forum.

Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs to be a part of!
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Heya, welcome to RPR. You'll find lots of awesome people, places, things, verbs, adjectives, nouns.... you name it! Here are a few things that may help you to get started. :D

Find RP: is a great way to look for ads other players have put up looking for other players to join in and collab in a game that already has some seed of a plot.

LFRP: Is much the same as Find RP, but you can put up your own ad that can be seen by anyone in the applicable filters.

In both cases you can use filters to find exactly what you are looking for for your optimal RP experience. Also, don't forget about GROUPS, where you can find whole worlds to RP in with other people.

Happy gaming!! See ya around! <3
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
Hello Witchthief,

Very nice to meet you and welcome. History has been a passion of mine for many years and a couple of my characters are archeologists. I might ask you a few questions if ever you don't mind. I've joined the community here for a about a week and a half and everyone I've met has been very friendly and helpful.

Hope you find RP you are looking for and again, welcome! :)
Witchthief Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Welcome Witchthief! :)

Archeology sounds like such a cool job. Do you actually get to go out and dig up artifacts? Or does that happen more on TV than in real life? ;)

Some people do, I am not one of those people. Mostly I do research and interpretation. Lots of things get lost in translation and I do my best to make sense of them. Most myths are part of a relatable human experiance. I specialize in that stuff
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
Welcome to RPR, I hope you enjoy your time writing here.
Witchthief Topic Starter

Falyn wrote:
Hello Witchthief,

Very nice to meet you and welcome. History has been a passion of mine for many years and a couple of my characters are archeologists. I might ask you a few questions if ever you don't mind. I've joined the community here for a about a week and a half and everyone I've met has been very friendly and helpful.

Hope you find RP you are looking for and again, welcome! :)

I don't mind. My specialties are in Egyptology, Mesopotamia, and early human history. So I'll help where I can
β™‘π’’π“‡π‘’π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’²π‘’π“π’Έπ‘œπ“‚π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 π’žπ‘œπ“‚π“‚π“Šπ“ƒπ’Ύπ“‰π“Ž!β™‘

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!β™‘
Hey there! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have a great time here. :)

There's a lot of stuff to do, if you want, so be sure and check out the Forums, with all their Threads (AKA Topics), and the Groups, with all of their Forums and Topics and stuff, as well as the highly customizable character sheets, profile options, and... Emojis! Whee! :) <3 <3 <3
I'm Shinyrainbowlithogra, and I like reading, plants, animals, drawing sometimes, food, and anime, movies, music, and television, sometimes. :P I'm also a pluviophile. Totally. I also like long words! My favorite RP genres are slice-of-life, sci-fi, fantasy, sci-fi-fantasy, dramatic comedy, adventure... :) :d :D :) :P :3
Anyway, you can message me to chat or ask questions, any time you like! I'll probably do my best to answer them, or chat back, et cetera...... :D
There are also moderators. Yay! They're very nice, usually. :)
Uhhm, anyway, respect your fellow RPRians, roleplay citizens, writers, characters, moderators, admins, what have you... Have a great time, be nice, stay creative, and maybe you can make a few friends, as well!

That'll be about all from me... So have a lovely time, and I also might see you around. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see about that! Haha. Bye bye! :D :) :P :3 :D ^_^ :P _^_^ :D :3 :) ^_^ :3 :) :3 :P :D :) :D :) ;D :) ;) :D :) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :)
Raspberry_Beret

Hi there,

Welcome to RPR, and I hope you are enjoying it so far. It's nice to meet you. There is a lot to do around here, so please do not hesitate to ask for help, and please know you are very welcome here!
pixl.Bee

I'm a bit late to this post, but hi! And welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your time here and have lots of great RP and friend-making experiences :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to here, not to RP. Nice to meet you

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus