Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings from an old timer

Hello! I’m glad to finally be registering here. I’m a gamer, the son of a gamer, and the father of a gamer. My mother was heavy into D&D in the late 1970s/early 1980s, and I grew up with games starting from NES in the beginning. I now have a little gamer of my own, and while I enjoy console and PC gaming, my schedule is a little erratic due to adulting. I hope that I can participate in forum RP since it’s asynchronous, and I look forward to contributing to the community.
Helloooo and welcome to RPR, Ihsan! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and ask! There are so many friendly people around willing to help out.

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP tool or check out the Looking for RP forum.

Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs to be a part of!
Welcome to RPR Ihsan!

I do hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to ask questions
about anything, we will happily answer them.

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP tool.

Here's to another new member!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to the RPRepository.
Angelus-Relator

Welcome!
Welcome welcome! If you ever want to talk about character creation/plots/world building or want to do some fantasy style RPing feel free to shoot me a message. I am pretty fast to respond when it comes to messages. :)

I hope that you have lots of good writing experiences while you are here!
Cheers~
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Hello and welcome Ihsan!
Heya, welcome to RPR, here are a few things that may help you to get started!! :D

Find RP: Is a great way to look for ads other players have put up looking for other players to join in and collab in a game that already has some seed of a plot.

LFRP: Is much the same as Find RP, but you can put up your own ad that can be seen by anyone in the applicable filters.

In both cases you can use filters to find exactly what you are looking for for your optimal RP experience. Also, don't forget about GROUPS, where you can find whole worlds to RP in with other people making it a bit easier for all players to be on the same page. You can also start your own!

Happy gaming!! See ya around! <3
Queen_of_Hell

Hey there, I love seeing the old school roleplayers coming to RPR! Welcome!

In case you're familiar with the 90's tabletop franchise World of Darkness, feel free to check out my profile and see the details about my group. We do have the good old tabletop system with stats, dice rolls, leveling up and all those old-fashioned roleplaying mechanics we tampered with a little to make it easier for people who are new to it and made it a bit something of our own.

When you look for roleplays in the "Looking for roleplays" forums, make sure you're detailed, because that is the best way to find a suitable writing partner for you.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay and find the most suitable partners to your style! <3
Ghosty_Monsty

Welcome to RPR
Ihsan997 Topic Starter

This is quite the response! I’m happy to see how active established users are even in the introductions (which is often a neglected sub forum on other sites). Thanks to all who responded, and to those who’re open to PMs, I may contact you all soon.
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
pixl.Bee

Hey! Just gotta say, I loved that introduction - very wholesome. :) Anyway... welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your time here, and that you find everything you're looking for and beyond. Good luck in your RP endeavours, and remember to stay hydrated. (Just some general advice)
𝒢𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎!

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!♡
Sanne Moderator

Hi, welcome welcome! How COOL that you're from a family with literal generations of gamers, wow!

As someone who's incredibly busy, I feel you on the limited time part. I've found RPR to be quite excellent for that though, especially since you can change forum and PM threads into live-chats whenever you want, while preserving the forum and PM format just like that. Makes it SUPER flexible and enjoyable to play whenever I can!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings from an old timer

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus