Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » The Littlest Newbie!

Hello there! I'm Kit Kat otherwise known as Xynnic here! I really don't know how to start, so heeeerree goes!

I have been role playing for about twenty years now. My start was in fandoms as a lot of people start off there. Back in my day, I'll say it like I'm old, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dragons of Pern, Warriors, etc., were the hip things for kids to roleplay fandom-wise. For the most part at least, haha. Then came FullMetal Alchemist and other such anime roleplays.

Okay, but honestly the best place for a kid my age in that day to roleplay? It was Neopets. Of all places. You know, Neopets cracked down so hard on roleplayers towards the end of my time there, that they "froze" so many accounts, that people didn't know what to do. Haha. AIM and Yahoo!IM were big before MSN and then Skype and Discord nowadays. >daaaang, I feel old now.

Anyways, it's a little reminiscience from me there. Tl;dr: I've been around roleplaying sites for 20 years or so, I started out as a ten year old who knew nothing and here I am! Thirty years old and I still enjoy the occasional roleplay!

I've always been inspired by music more than books for my characters, to be honest. Muse is a thing that comes at will, and I have no control over it most of the time. ;;

That's enough rambling! It's a pleasure to be here and I hope to make friends with some of you! I tend to be very chill about roleplay, because everyone has a life and this is not an obligation. Roleplay is a hobby and should be seen as such. I hope that everyone will respect me as much as I respect them and give me patience!

Thank you all! :D I hope to talk to some of you soon!

Edit note: Clearly I'm new, because I didn't realize you can post as your account or a character. OOPS.
Hello there and welcome to RPR!!!

I love all the energy you have first of all. It's always good to have that type of positive influence in forums and groups. Personally I am not a fandom roleplayer though I am super big into world development and in-depth character/plot development as well. I generally lean towards High-Fantasy but have been dabbling into Modern Fantasy along with Cyberpunk themes as well. If you are ever interested in doing some sort of plotting or just need some help with anything while on this website please feel free to reach out! :)

I hope you enjoy your time here and find many great writing opportunities.
Xynnic Topic Starter

Sorrisky wrote:

Ah, hey thank you so much! Optimism to a certain point is a wondrous thing! It brightens the room, you know! Haha.

I'm totally open to worldbuilding and completely original stories as well! In fact, I haven't really done all that much of roleplaying such in the past, but I do write my own stories sometimes. Although, I do tend to procrastinate like the world will never end. Hehe!

I'm a little slow at it, but I have worlds and characters that I have slowly built, that are enjoyable for me. Working with someone else to do such things is probably a lot more fun!

Fantasy-wise, I lovelovelove urban/modern day fantasy stuff. I've been on a binge with Modern Wuxia/Modern Supernatural novels as of late. That tends to be Chinese webnovels with transmigration or rewinded timeframes involved, but dang I love it. High fantasy can work, as well as cyberpunk fantasy(That would be amazingly interesting in my opinion!).

Oops, I apologize, too. I'm quite the chatterbox when I feel like it, ehehe.
Welcome to RPR!

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and ask! There are tons of friendly people in the community to help you out. :D

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP tool or check out the Looking for RP forum.

Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs to be a part of!
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
HeartfeltBoldGonolek-size_restricted.gif

And welcome to the rpr~

I actually started off in fandom rp with Sonic the Hedgehog as well~
Music is an excellent motivator for character building I find, I'm always trying to find new songs to listen to and see if they spark any creativity for what I am trying to write, or even if they inspire me to make some new kind of world or a new kind of character~
This forum post is all about people and the music they are currently listening too~ Perhaps you'll find some new songs that can inspire you, or maybe you can post some of the ones that helped you make something new~

And don't apologize for chattering, people should be free to express themselves and what they think~
I hope you enjoy your time on this website~
Xynnic wrote:
Roleplay is a hobby and should be seen as such. I hope that everyone will respect me as much as I respect them and give me patience!

giphy.gif

Welcome Xynnic!
Xynnic Topic Starter

@ Miss Pixie: Aww, thank you! I'll keep an eye out on it!! :D

@ ChocolateIceCream: Your icon is so cute, thank you as well! ^^

@ Section: Oh nice! Haha, the start of roleplay as a preteen is my dark history, to be honest. Sonic the Hedgehog roleplay was how I was introduced to roleplay. By my best friend in real life at the time, oof. I'm pretty sure I was in forth grade, oh lordy. That feeling when you wrote Neopets fanfiction crossover baloney. OOF. Dark history obtained!

@ Juls: Thank you, thank you~~! Pfft. I'm glad you agree!! :D

@ everyone: Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me! You're all so nice! >v<!!
Hello Xynnic and welcome! I'm sure you'll have a great time here. Don't be shy to ask questions as you can see there are many helpful people. Take the time to look around and make your character profiles. Have fun! :)
Greetings, and welcome! :D

Oh. Oh man I feel you about roleplaying on Neopets. That was where I got started too. XD; They were exceptionally brutal with how quick they would slam the ban hammer on you for the most minor of things. Ahh, the days of having to get creative with moving from Neopets to AIM / MSN / Yahoo, all without getting your account frozen... Good times.

I like to use music to inspire me during character creation as well. Music is a wondrous tool to get that creative muse revved up.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and find some awesome people to roleplay with! :>
Xynnic Topic Starter

FeatheredFantasy wrote:
Oh my gosh! Haha. I remember that! They would literally ban you for using *** in A** or whatever for AIM. Remembering it makes me laugh so hard. Lowkey that moment when I was a teenager and found that you could say certain words as plural, but not singular. I think they eventually banned the plural, too. Also you couldn't even post a .com. ...Like: ?????? Why can't we go offsite? I can't even link a website. It was so murderous. aaa

Anyways, thank you so much! :D Music is the muse from the heavens aww yiss.
Welcome to RPR!!
MordosKull

Greetings and well met.
β™‘π’’π“‡π‘’π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’²π‘’π“π’Έπ‘œπ“‚π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 π’žπ‘œπ“‚π“‚π“Šπ“ƒπ’Ύπ“‰π“Ž!β™‘

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!β™‘

You are on: Forums » Introductions » The Littlest Newbie!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus