Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » comfort foods

What's a food that just makes you feel better when you're down. I really reaaaalllyy love garlic bread no idea why but I can't be sad if I have it.
Chicken black bean enchiladas with cream sauce and a ton of lettuce.
fiesch Topic Starter

light wrote:

Yo that sounds so good though
Rogue-Scribe

light wrote:

Ohhh... nice! Tell me more about this cream sauce?

I have to say that bangers & mash are my comfort dinner...
The baked italian sandwich from hungry howies. I do a little dance the entire time while eating it.
pixl.Bee

fish and chips :) preferably the fries should be crinkle-cut, but I'll be happy either way. also hot chocolate, especially with cinnamon and/or whipped cream. anything with cinnamon honestly. and... still-warm cookies... cheesecake...
probably smth like ice cream or dark chocolate or these strawberry sticks yeah XD I think that's all I can think of ahahaha
Rogue-Scribe wrote:
light wrote:

Ohhh... nice! Tell me more about this cream sauce?

I have to say that bangers & mash are my comfort dinner...

Thanks! I use Cacique Table Cream, it's a mix of heavy cream and milk with a thickener. It may also be called crema sauce.

I add lime zest and hot sauce to mine! I use this because I do meal prep. The goopy-cheese enchilada doesn't reheat well.
fiesch wrote:
light wrote:

Yo that sounds so good though

Thanks! It's so easy, cheap and good. I make them for meal prep every two weeks lol.
Blackberries. Warm almond butter drizzled on top is a plus. I only have it on occasion, though.
JetReigns

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with tomato soup. Simple as hell. I don’t have it often, but I’m always happy when I do.
Kim Site Admin

Chinese American wonton soup.
Rogue-Scribe

JetReigns wrote:
Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with tomato soup.

You reminded me of one of my favourites ever since I was a kid! Grilled Ham & Cheese! There was this cafe in Seattle that totally spoiled them for me though. They would grill the ham then shred it on sourdough bread that had a light spread of mayonnaise, then grated cheddar was added and it was grilled. I was sad when they closed. It’s my gold-standard of grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, and the only place to ever come remotely close was this mobile coffee stand I found on my work commute last year.

These days I make my own using bacon and sliced tomato, which makes it a BCT instead of a ham & cheese.
My ultimate comfort food is apple juice. I know it's technically not a food, but whenever I'm feeling down, I resort to apple juice. Not the fancy pressed kind. Just the regular, probably contains way too much sugar, apple juice.
fiesch Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Chinese American wonton soup.

I get this any time I feel sick
Rogue-Scribe

Right now it’s salted peanuts....
For me I think it's chicken pot pie one of my favorite foods
Lately, I have been absolutely loving these pasta skillets - they have chicken alfredo, bacon ranch, and chicken and broccoli. The best part is that they all come with a cheese sauce, and it is always just the perfect blend of flavors and creamy-ness, without taking away from the pasta :)

Another one I've always loved, are cheesy crescent chicken rolls. It's an easy enough recipe, doesn't call for anything special (although I like to use cream of mushroom soup instead), and doesn't take long at all once you've shredded the chicken. This one has been my go-to for years!
Spaghetti for sure. I LOVE Spaghetti. ☺️❤️
nindyaru

sponge chocolate snack... eggplants and mushrooms. it’s heaven 🤤

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » comfort foods

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus