Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I'm new here

Hello everyone of the RP community!

I have never done anything like this. So if anyone has any advice for me, please let me know. I'd like to get to know a lot of you and I hope we can become friends. This is my first time signing up to a RP community so I may not know what I'm doing, so I may/may not need help getting to know how this entire system works.

Hope to get to know all of you
SolarFlare112
Welcome to the RP Repository, SolarFlare!

I think a great place to start is the Find RP tool. See if anything catches your attention and looks like fun! (There are some filters at the bottom to get more customized results if you don't see anything appealing the first time you try.)

There are a lot of helpful folks here, so if you get stuck with anything, don't be afraid to ask!
pixl.Bee

hello and welcome! :D hope you enjoy your time here
Welcome to RPR! Feel free to dm me if you ever need to know ANYTHING about this website. If I don't know the answer I will do what it takes to figure out and let you know! I can also give you tips to get started with role playing, and some tips for role playing in general. I hope you enjoy your time here! <3
Rogue-Scribe

Is that a flare I see going up toward the sun!
Welcome to RP Repository!
RP forum writing is such fun!
May you enjoy this place!
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
Icysoul

Welcome! I hope you make new friends!
Welcome to RPR people here are honestly some of the coolest and most talented people I've met and I'm sure you'll find some awesome rps
sarah18394729

Newbies players welcome hello, and may I personally welcome you to our website that thousands of people from all over the world come to when they are bored.

Returning players welcome back my fellow players I am glad that you have returned and may I say that RPRepository has changed so much that now people all over the world have come to this site when they're bored.
Kim Site Admin

Hello there! So glad to have you with us on the site. :)

When getting started with RP, I really recommend this primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

We also had some community discussions awhile back about how to improve at RP.. I boiled them down into interesting articles for those who are interested. Here's a selection of my favorite ones:

Writing for RP
The responsibility of ALL RPers (getting this one right will generally make people sing your praises!)
And if you want to put a slightly more advanced technique in your back pocket for now and again: Using dice to enhance RP

I'm sure you're finding your way around okay so far, but just in case, if you need help, there's a couple things you can try. Firstly, sometimes just typing a question into the search box will get you the info you need, or you can look at the categories in the help section. If that fails, the community here is very friendly. Please don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!
Welcome, SolarFlare112!

I'd definitely recommend checking out the Getting Started Guide, and Characters Listing to get the ball rolling! Once you feel your first character has been set up, check out the Find RP Tab and Looking for RP Forum. You can also just message other players, or Post Your Own RP Ad to set something up. Good luck, and I hope you have a fantastic time here!
Hello and welcome!
Hello SolarFlare, welcome to RPR!
Hello there, SolarFlare, and welcome to RPR! I hope you'll have a lovely time here. :)

You seem to be in good hands, so I'll just let you know that the useful stuff is mostly in the dropdown menu, and you can find things like Help and Getting Started and Forums and Threads and Groups... And all of those things are wonderful! And also, I might not see you around a whole lot, but you can message me any time you like! It's a big community full of lovely people, lovely ideas, and.. loveliness! I hope you love it. :P Don't forget also that there are moderators to help out, and bug reports for when something goes wrong, and cool rewards for if you do something outstanding. Basically. Also there's a shop. :3

That's about all from me for the moment. I hope you have a wonderful time, respect your fellow players and nonplayers, silent conversationalists and noisy lurkers... Wait... Oh well. Anyway, I also hope that you'll find a lot of great ideas, a lot of your creativity, and a lot of fun! Play well and take care of yourself. Have a good time and a good laugh, and have a good one! Byebye! Enjoy making friends (?)! :D :P ~Shinyrainbowlithogra
:) :) :) :) :) :P :3 :D :O :D :) ;) :P :D :) :3 ;) :D ;3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I'm new here

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus