Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oh boy, an introduction!

So I'm new here, as I'm sure you could guess. I'm sort of new to RP'ing, I did some way back in high school like 10 years ago and enjoyed it, but I was also very edgy back then(not that that's 100% changed, now I'm only 25% as edgy). I do play a lot of tabletop RPG's, usually as DM, but I feel that's a different kind of RP so I don't know if that experience counts. I was a theatre kid and I loved it, and I've been interested in joining an RP community for a long time, but people are scary, so that's slowed me down.

I'm hoping to make some friends and get some of the characters in my head out there in the world interacting with people instead of just sitting around. I love collaborative storytelling and want to get more of that into my life, especially since I now find myself with an abundance of free time. I have no idea what my favorite kind of RP is, to be honest, but I'm open to learn!

I have a pet, his name is Dirk Gently, pictures available on request because he's very cute and there's only so much supply, you know?

As far as questions about the site, I guess a good one is how do I learn the basics, if that makes sense? During sign up there was talking about freeform vs dice-based, and I see the little dice roll option. I'd like to have an idea of what I'm doing before making too much of a foil of myself!

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you!
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 71.
Welcome!!!

Whether or not you use the dice feature is completely between you and your RP partner(s)! I think the bulk of RPs are completely freeform, but sometimes it's fun to add a randomizer to shake things up. And there's even a few games using D&D 5e rules. Rarely, a game running another rules system will pop up.
Kenna Ferren (played by Buried_In_A_Book)

Hi! Hope you meet lots of fun people! Your character sounds great!
GwyndolinsGirl Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Welcome!!!

Whether or not you use the dice feature is completely between you and your RP partner(s)! I think the bulk of RPs are completely freeform, but sometimes it's fun to add a randomizer to shake things up. And there's even a few games using D&D 5e rules. Rarely, a game running another rules system will pop up.

Thank you! And that makes sense. I'm looking forward to poking around and seeing what I can find!

Kenna Ferren wrote:
Hi! Hope you meet lots of fun people! Your character sounds great!

Thank you! She's one that I've thought about using for a while in a ttrpg, but just never quite seemed the right fit, you know? I'm excited to see where she can go and what she can do!
Rinny_Howler

Welcome!!!! Hope you get good friends here!

Rinny_Howler wrote:
Welcome!!!! Hope you get good friends here!

Thanks! I imagine I will! Based on the sample size of three people, I'd say that everyone here is super nice!
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3

ChocolateIceCream wrote:

Thanks!!! I love your picture!!!!!
Hello and welcome to the site! Please share pictures of Dirk because I'd really like to see the cutie.

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP option or browse the Looking for RP forum.

Cheers to making new friends, and here's to having a ton of fun RPs. :)
GwyndolinsGirl wrote:
ChocolateIceCream wrote:

Thanks!!! I love your picture!!!!!

thank u sm!! <3

MissPixie wrote:
Hello and welcome to the site! Please share pictures of Dirk because I'd really like to see the cutie.

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP option or browse the Looking for RP forum.

Cheers to making new friends, and here's to having a ton of fun RPs. :)

Here's some photos of Da Boye, as he's also known, in various states of being a lump. https://imgur.com/gallery/zUWrp6U

I'm looking forward to it! I've poked around a bit in the "find rp" section and am excited to find a good fit!
Icysoul

Welcome to the family, GwyndolinsGirl

Icysoul wrote:
Welcome to the family, GwyndolinsGirl

Thanks! Your user photo looks so familiar!!!
Rogue-Scribe

Hello and Welcome to RP Repository!

Rogue-Scribe wrote:
Hello and Welcome to RP Repository!

Thanks! I'm excited to be here! :)
sarah18394729

Newbies players welcome and hello, and may I personally welcome you to our website that thousands of people from all over the world come to, and just so you know we are like a family community with each player having their own role I am happy you decided to be in our not so little community I hope you are happy to be here

Returning players welcome back my fellow players I am glad that you have returned and may I say that RPRepository has changed so much that now people all over the world have come to this site, we are a family-friendly community and all ages are welcome to our home away from home,
Welcome to RPR!!
β™‘π’’π“‡π‘’π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’²π‘’π“π’Έπ‘œπ“‚π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 π’žπ‘œπ“‚π“‚π“Šπ“ƒπ’Ύπ“‰π“Ž!β™‘

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!β™‘
Welcome, GwyndolinsGirl!

Glad you are making a return to the rp community, people can be scary but this bunch here, not so much :D
As for getting started, I'd check out the Creating Characters guide for working on your character pages. It has step-by-step details too! For finding an RP, I generally will use the Find RP Tab or the Looking for RP Forum. You can customize what sort of RP you're looking for, by things like whether you're looking for anything 18+ or not, what genre, and more.

As for the dice rolling system, it's basically just if you prefer simply typing in an rp, or using dice rolls once in a while to see if something does or does not happen/succeed, or - as in D&D, you can set up a more strict system. To be honest, I think strictly text-based or sometimes the occasional dice roll system are used on here the most, but I can't speak for in groups, private messages, or RP's that move from here to Discord or other services and the like :)

I hope that answers some of your questions, and that you have a great time on RPR!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oh boy, an introduction!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus