Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Look (played anonymously)

Being so tiny, he has to walk up to her and heave the sketchbook into her hands.

The tiny wooden figure scratches his head awkwardly, then shrugs at her, as if asking for an opinion.

5-A7184-E7-D7-CA-47-DC-BA99-240558351-E7-A.jpg
Alizha blinked as she was approached by another guest. She smiled slightly. "Ah, I'm afraid it was a family matter. Nothing dire, don't worry. And you?"
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

To a casual glance, the Duchess herself does not appear troubled in the least by the sudden intensity of the flower and the wild magics in the air. Indeed, she seems to shine with joy, throwing her head back to laugh even as she steps aside smoothly to beckon Aspen into their dancing circle, turning three into four, and then four back into three just as smoothly when Laterd ducks out to be hospitable to the newest arrival -- something she most certainly approves of!

To those she is dancing with, if they are observant, they might note the tears standing unfallen in her eyes, sadness at the knowledge of an impending end and joy for what was had despite its fleeting nature.
Peering at the picture and cocking her head, the blonde woman bent and said, "Ah... They're... Happy? The petals? I see a smiling face... And that woman there, she is our hostess? It's very well done... But I cannot see which are flakes and which are petals."
"I sadly was kept by my own lack of an understanding of time" following her gaze he say a small orange fellow holding something out to her.

"I apologies I did not mean to interrupt, I was but only curious" that same curiosity drew his gaze to the book the small figure was holding. "Amazing, the likeness to the rose and duchess are impeccable"
Aspen noticed that the Duchess wanted him to join in. He smiled and accepted her offer. He was having a blast! Aspen also noticed that the ball was about to end. However, he couldn't help but enjoy himself for the last few moments of this gala. He was having fun. His heart raced, and his hands felt warm. Aspen laughed and danced the rest of the night away.
Gyrfalcon (played anonymously)

Eyes flicker wide, the tingle of telepathy taking the warlock by surprise. His smile has yet to diminish as the aura of the rose enlivens the gathering. Awkwardly resisting the urge to pet the part-dragon, he grins sheepishly, speaking not to its keeper but to the creature itself. "Forgive me, I did not know you could speak! If I had, I would have asked you myself. Though the pleasure is mine." Unawares that she is- well, unaware- he carries on with them both with a twang of urgency to his excited murmur. "I feel as if- when I was a boy, my father and I attended a gala entirely unlike this one, in which the host provided us with a most incredible beverage. It was called coffee. I was so overwhelmed with energy, my closest compatriot and I stole a swan ice sculpture. He was terribly cross!" His laughter was light, a short huff of happiness, though he is promptly aware of the sense that the event is closing in upon them. There was no picking apart the magic, nor the mystery, nor the whos and whys any longer. Almost breathless against the aggressive invigoration, he muttered "I feel as if we're meant to dance. D'you feel it?" He spies Alfred, the guest who had felt the rose's pull most of all that eve. The creature seemed somehow forlorn. Calling out to him, Gyr asked aloud, "Sir? I think we're meant to move to the dancefloor!" No one could possibly be anything except happy in this moment. It felt wrong to be anything else.
Falcon (played by Kada)

"My dear Duchess," Falcon said, bowing in his fashion with an arm in front and behind him. "My heart echoes your unshed tears. Thank you for sharing this beautiful sight."
"May I invite you both to dance?" Alizha asked, bowing shortly to the tall man and the short orange-one.
Aspen nodded in agreement. "Yes, fair Duchess. Thank you for a spectacular evening and for the grand ball!"
"Wait a second, what do you mean speak?" Sarthelia says, incredulously as her gaze shifts between Gyrfalcon and Xefry. Her companion simply gives her a sly head shake and a look at her. "She has not known of my speaking in silence, she does not have magic like you do." His voice was lighthearted, playful and bantering in a sense.
Look (played anonymously)

He nods when she guess correctly, but he’s not at all offended by the comment by the last comment either. He just shrugs again, shaking his head: he doesn’t know either!

From the looks of things the petal was about to fall, so he quickly points her to the dance floor! He’d feel bad if she missed the last dance because of him!

Imagine his surprise when asked to join as well. He’s so tiny though? He does accept at least, running around the two in excitement before joining everyone.
Ivian (played by Ilmarinen)

The Sword favored his right foot in a slight limp, but he wasn't as entirely ungrateful as he made himself out to be. Her gentle words made him smile, and he looked bashfully at their feet. "I am happy to provide some small comfort to you, my lady," he said. "I am grateful for your companionship as well. This could have been a lonely night, despite the crowd, but ... it wasn't."

The encroaching dark made a shiver crawl up his spine. "It seems our evening is almost at an end. Thank you, my lady."
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess laughs again, in sweet understanding, and beckons for Falcon to join their dancing circle. "It has been my utter and unalloyed pleasure. Thank you all for attending."
Alizha spun out onto the dance floor, laughing amidst her companions. She was filled with giddy glee, and flooded with memories of beauty past. The air was a shower of petals, shining, and bright smells of magical perfume. Her feet tapped, her dress swirled, and her aura shimmered along with all the others.
"Indeed I would love too"
"shall we?"
Kneewm asks as he joins the woman along side with the small wooden figure as they head towards the dancing circle, rejoining the growing circle of patrons.
Ivian (played by Ilmarinen)

The Sword released one of Dragoness's hands, and crossed his arm across his chest as he paused to bow to the Duchess.
Six more minutes...six more minutes. As the time was ticking by, Aspen started to feel a little bit of sadness that this gala was almost over. It was worth it to him, though, because he got to talk to other people, meet the Duchess, and dance the night away. He even showed off his ice magic to a new acquaintance. In the middle of the dance, he wiggled his fingers and created ice fireworks. Aspen flicked them into the air as he celebrated and danced for the rest of the festival.
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

Despite what Gyrfalcon thought, Alfred was happy, in his way. He was the warmest he had felt in years and happier than he could ever describe. The one problem was, he wasn't sure what to blame it on. What was the cure to his affliction and misery? He felt it was graspable for the first time. He regarded Gyr happily, lifting his nearly empty mug at him and feeling a wave of positively positive energy wash over him. It made him tingle from his toes to the tip of his nose and he shuddered his shoulders. Yes, dancing did sound like the right idea! And angry with him or not, he just had to thank the host of this fabulous party.

He set his mug down and passed Gyr along the way, shouting something to him about being 'right' and thanking him for good measure. Then he two stepped his way to the duchess and offered a hand, hoping she would accept. "Thank you!" He would say either way. "This has been.. The best night I can remember." He could have hugged her if not for the caution he still held.
Alizha sensed that, somehow, a final moment was coming. She danced faster and faster, twirling and laughing and savoring the sights and sounds. Like the last drops of juice in a glass one has been savoring, she smiled and sipped it down. Soon, soon soon! The beat of the music thrummed near her heart, and she bowed happily toward her recent partner.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus