Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Seeing a wave from the corner of her eye, the young woman darted into the glade and sat next to this... Orange person. She wanted to dance, but soon enough she would be able to, and she might as well see what this fellow guest wanted.
As Kneewm bowed once more to his amazing dance partners, Kneewm felt as though he had just danced the best he had an years, a great smile spread across his face, he saw a young woman ressed fairly with a bright blue mask breathing deeply as she entered the room, as if she had arrived delayed as he had.

"Well I am not the only one that is a comfort" the Gnome walked over to the young woman bowing deeply he asked, "what may I asked kept you miss, it seems you and I both were delayed from this magical event?"
((you guys are such good writers I'm just on awe skndjsnjdnsk))
Look (played anonymously)

Being so tiny, he has to walk up to her and heave the sketchbook into her hands.

The tiny wooden figure scratches his head awkwardly, then shrugs at her, as if asking for an opinion.

5-A7184-E7-D7-CA-47-DC-BA99-240558351-E7-A.jpg
Alizha blinked as she was approached by another guest. She smiled slightly. "Ah, I'm afraid it was a family matter. Nothing dire, don't worry. And you?"
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

(( LOL ))
((Awwww! That is so cute!))
((Look that is so adorable my god. He's so precious!))
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

To a casual glance, the Duchess herself does not appear troubled in the least by the sudden intensity of the flower and the wild magics in the air. Indeed, she seems to shine with joy, throwing her head back to laugh even as she steps aside smoothly to beckon Aspen into their dancing circle, turning three into four, and then four back into three just as smoothly when Laterd ducks out to be hospitable to the newest arrival -- something she most certainly approves of!

To those she is dancing with, if they are observant, they might note the tears standing unfallen in her eyes, sadness at the knowledge of an impending end and joy for what was had despite its fleeting nature.

(( :’D he’s doing his best! ))

((Also thank you! ))
((Oh Gyrfalcon did you see my post from earlier? The in character one))
The Dragoness (played anonymously)

((@Look, oh my gosh, Best Boi™ <3))
Peering at the picture and cocking her head, the blonde woman bent and said, "Ah... They're... Happy? The petals? I see a smiling face... And that woman there, she is our hostess? It's very well done... But I cannot see which are flakes and which are petals."
"I sadly was kept by my own lack of an understanding of time" following her gaze he say a small orange fellow holding something out to her.

"I apologies I did not mean to interrupt, I was but only curious" that same curiosity drew his gaze to the book the small figure was holding. "Amazing, the likeness to the rose and duchess are impeccable"
Aspen noticed that the Duchess wanted him to join in. He smiled and accepted her offer. He was having a blast! Aspen also noticed that the ball was about to end. However, he couldn't help but enjoy himself for the last few moments of this gala. He was having fun. His heart raced, and his hands felt warm. Aspen laughed and danced the rest of the night away.
Gyrfalcon (played anonymously)

Eyes flicker wide, the tingle of telepathy taking the warlock by surprise. His smile has yet to diminish as the aura of the rose enlivens the gathering. Awkwardly resisting the urge to pet the part-dragon, he grins sheepishly, speaking not to its keeper but to the creature itself. "Forgive me, I did not know you could speak! If I had, I would have asked you myself. Though the pleasure is mine." Unawares that she is- well, unaware- he carries on with them both with a twang of urgency to his excited murmur. "I feel as if- when I was a boy, my father and I attended a gala entirely unlike this one, in which the host provided us with a most incredible beverage. It was called coffee. I was so overwhelmed with energy, my closest compatriot and I stole a swan ice sculpture. He was terribly cross!" His laughter was light, a short huff of happiness, though he is promptly aware of the sense that the event is closing in upon them. There was no picking apart the magic, nor the mystery, nor the whos and whys any longer. Almost breathless against the aggressive invigoration, he muttered "I feel as if we're meant to dance. D'you feel it?" He spies Alfred, the guest who had felt the rose's pull most of all that eve. The creature seemed somehow forlorn. Calling out to him, Gyr asked aloud, "Sir? I think we're meant to move to the dancefloor!" No one could possibly be anything except happy in this moment. It felt wrong to be anything else.
Gyrfalcon (played anonymously)

(( yep, I just got overenthusiastic again ^^; this has been awesome))
((I agree))
((I'm mentally rolling on the floor. The coffee is hilarious. I'm sorry.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus