Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Six more minutes...six more minutes. As the time was ticking by, Aspen started to feel a little bit of sadness that this gala was almost over. It was worth it to him, though, because he got to talk to other people, meet the Duchess, and dance the night away. He even showed off his ice magic to a new acquaintance. In the middle of the dance, he wiggled his fingers and created ice fireworks. Aspen flicked them into the air as he celebrated and danced for the rest of the festival.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((Last post I saw from you was "Alizha spun out onto the dance floor, laughing amidst her companions. She was filled with giddy glee, and flooded with memories of beauty past. The air was a shower of petals, shining, and bright smells of magical perfume. Her feet tapped, her dress swirled, and her aura shimmered along with all the others."))
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

Despite what Gyrfalcon thought, Alfred was happy, in his way. He was the warmest he had felt in years and happier than he could ever describe. The one problem was, he wasn't sure what to blame it on. What was the cure to his affliction and misery? He felt it was graspable for the first time. He regarded Gyr happily, lifting his nearly empty mug at him and feeling a wave of positively positive energy wash over him. It made him tingle from his toes to the tip of his nose and he shuddered his shoulders. Yes, dancing did sound like the right idea! And angry with him or not, he just had to thank the host of this fabulous party.

He set his mug down and passed Gyr along the way, shouting something to him about being 'right' and thanking him for good measure. Then he two stepped his way to the duchess and offered a hand, hoping she would accept. "Thank you!" He would say either way. "This has been.. The best night I can remember." He could have hugged her if not for the caution he still held.
((blast. Thanks.))

(( warmed my boy's heart (': ))
Alizha sensed that, somehow, a final moment was coming. She danced faster and faster, twirling and laughing and savoring the sights and sounds. Like the last drops of juice in a glass one has been savoring, she smiled and sipped it down. Soon, soon soon! The beat of the music thrummed near her heart, and she bowed happily toward her recent partner.
((I'm just a bit sad I couldn't be here for when it started. Oh well, it worked out in the end))
As the time drew near, and the circle became larger an moved more rapidly. Kneewm noticed the petal on the flower begin to quiver as if loosing its hold, the time had been short but no less fun. He was happy he came!
"Thank you for your attention this evening! You've been a delightful dance partner!"
Gyrfalcon (played anonymously)

Inspired by the bantering drone of the dragonling, Gyr started to smile, lowering the volume of his voice close to a whisper. "I should hope you won't hold it against me, then, if I am the one to tell her. Your keeper seems kind, and surely worthy of knowing." Not to speak as if she wasn't present! Up again he looked, amusement shining in the odd eyes beneath his mask. "It would seem he speaks to mages, such as myself!" Glancing hastily towards the dancefloor, prompted by the unseen force, he added at a distracted murmur: "Ah. I know this dance...." There was an uncertainty to his words; the truth was that he had never seen the courtly dance which their Hostess was leading, yet still, he knew it all the same. Everything was strange and spectacular. When Alfred passed, Gyr even reached to pat his shoulder in passing, an encouraging gesture. He wasn't typically a touchy type, but then, the world as he knew it was lost in a blur of comradely celebration. He had long since stopped questioning how he came to be here in the first place.

His voice added to the din of gratitude with a "Thank you!" for their hostess; she didn't want gifts, but seemed to flourish on the act of providing them all with a night to remember.
Cosmic Spectrolite (played by LunarValravn)

As more dancers joined, Spectrolite shifted how he danced to ensure all got fair time with the wonderful hostess. Snow kicked up in a glittering shower with each step and he nearly lost himself in the wonder once more but something felt different.

His heart sank when he passed by their hostess again. The tears nearly blended with the snow but he knew they were there. When she laughed he whinnied cheerfully and flipped his head.

" You have my thanks" He bowed to her but stepped back to allow another in. " I can return home feeling better than I have in years" A gentle smile appeared when he raised his head.
Sarthelia smiled, Xefry returning to her suddenly as she began dancing along with the others, her smile as wide as ever as she basked in these final moments. Her dance was graceful like an animal in a serene setting, no doubt learned from her years as a beast tamer. She loved every moment of this.

The dancing circle widens as more guests flock to the floor, the only place where the snow simply does not seem to stick at all. Indeed, the floor is dry, and even warm from so many feet having moved across it all night. Soon, nearly everyone is dancing together. "Don't forget," whispers the Duchess, and it seems to every person there that she had just leaned forward and whispered into their ear, her widely smiling face in front of them.

The final petal finally lets go from the enchanted rose, and each attendant of the gala is suddenly... elsewhere. Back in their own beds in their own times, or sitting at the end of a favorite bar, or standing in a local park under the stars. Some will even find that they are not in a place they know, and instead have ended up in the company of one of the guests that they were dancing with.

No time at all seems to have passed, but there is no question at all that the party was real. They may find they yet have white petals in their hair, wine flutes in their hands, invitations or perhaps even scones in their pockets.
Looking up Kneewm responded "Indeed so have you madame, I have enjoyed our dance I just wish we had more time for reveling"

((This has been an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TIME. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who attended!!!

This next bit is the OOC unmasking -- If you feel comfortable, please post and let us all know who the players have been behind these wonderful characters!))
She looked around at all the beautiful masks; she'd seen some like them in her past, as a child in her grandmother's court, but the truth was, there were some power on them she could feel... Thrumming...
Ivian (played by Ilmarinen)

((Thank you for hosting, this has been so fun!!))

((SURPRISE! The Duchess, the Mari Lwyd and general environmental effects and party tricks were me, Kim! None of you guessed and you are all astounded! ;) ))
((oh my! :D I did not realize that was the Mari Lwd. Shoulda read the posts more. Amazing!))

(( xD this was great!! ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus