Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » My introduction.

Why do I feel I posted up on here already? But... Then why did I need to do the signing thing again? Meh.

So currently I'm working on my A.I. robot side characters that support my primary. I dislike making a different character for different settings, so he's a multiverse traveller trying to do some good. His regular job has him surveying other worlds to identify potential threats to his... But that's all... So say he's in a world dominated by a mad dictator for his job, he can't get involved with any struggle at all. Period. Well... Nathaniel dislikes this and so! He built his own portal gateway in his garage... So now he can go to other universes at will and help. He's a multiverse goody-two-shoes... So yeah!

My old friend from years ago got me into RP, we lost contact and ever since I haven't been able to find any partners or sites... Until now... I like RPRepository so far. I just hope I can find people to RP with. I'm used to 1-on-1, but open to groups. Just not forum posting... I prefer the more concise nature of something like a instant messenger with one-liners... Now I'd say my style is adjustable, and it is. It's just... In RP I don't like the concept of explaining exactly why my character is doing or saying something... I prefer it be more along the lines of describing what your character sees and hears and then from there you interpret that as best you can. Why? Realism essentially. If your best friend just starts yelling at you one day, what is your reaction? And I mean real life best friend... Think on that for a while.

Anyway, Aug. '92, M, Tx. Gamer (Switch), roleplayer and writer. Just a bit of info you might want.
Welcome to RPR, N8D92! :D

giphy.gif
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here at RPR. If you've got any questions, check out the help section of the site, and see if your question's been answered. If not, ask one yourself and the wonderful people here will be quick to help. If you need someone to chat with, i'm always here!
tenor.gif
Welcome to RPR!
Wandering_Mary

Welcome! I hope to roleplay with the multiverse traveler, They could meet my multiverse traveler!
welcome we're glad you joined the community
N8D92 Topic Starter

Thanks. :P And yeah, I'm thinking something sort of standard to some degree... When roleplaying got its start it was generally set in a magic fantasy world without firearms... And Nathaniel will probably need some basic magic at SOME point... Though his magic will only usable in worlds with magic present. You know, trying to use magic in a non-magical world is pretty much god-modding. :P But I think it would be fun to make that a part of the story... Someone with knowledge of magic trying to explain it to someone who has 0% knowledge of how magic works... Outside of videogames... I just think it would probably be best to build him up to be a spell-sword for fantasy worlds. A bit of healing, a bit of fire balls... Maybe some lightning because I'm a fan of pre-disney Star Wars which I grew up with. "Stah Wors?" XP Yes, I like Puffin Forest and his content. But I don't think I could do RP set in that universe, it's hard to figure out what fits without it somehow potentially not fitting... That's why Knights of The Old Republic is set thousands of years earlier. o_o But I also love the Kyle Katarn games, the OLD Battlefront games including the PSP titles... And even The Old Republic MMORPG that I wanted to get a friend to play as one of the ranged classes... Because that's the kind of nut he is... He enjoys fantasy, yes. But if you give him ranged weapons as an option? He'll take them. He's like Irvine Kinneas... Just not as cool... Not as smart... But likes using guns when possible. But getting him to play anything online when you BOTH are playing the same thing is impossible. Anyway! This post is far too long... x_x
MacieLightfoot

Welcome to the site!
welcome
Welcome!! Hope you find this place fun and cool!!
N8D92 wrote:
Why do I feel I posted up on here already? But... Then why did I need to do the signing thing again? Meh.

So currently I'm working on my A.I. robot side characters that support my primary. I dislike making a different character for different settings, so he's a multiverse traveller trying to do some good. His regular job has him surveying other worlds to identify potential threats to his... But that's all... So say he's in a world dominated by a mad dictator for his job, he can't get involved with any struggle at all. Period. Well... Nathaniel dislikes this and so! He built his own portal gateway in his garage... So now he can go to other universes at will and help. He's a multiverse goody-two-shoes... So yeah!

My old friend from years ago got me into RP, we lost contact and ever since I haven't been able to find any partners or sites... Until now... I like RPRepository so far. I just hope I can find people to RP with. I'm used to 1-on-1, but open to groups. Just not forum posting... I prefer the more concise nature of something like a instant messenger with one-liners... Now I'd say my style is adjustable, and it is. It's just... In RP I don't like the concept of explaining exactly why my character is doing or saying something... I prefer it be more along the lines of describing what your character sees and hears and then from there you interpret that as best you can. Why? Realism essentially. If your best friend just starts yelling at you one day, what is your reaction? And I mean real life best friend... Think on that for a while.

Anyway, Aug. '92, M, Tx. Gamer (Switch), roleplayer and writer. Just a bit of info you might want.
Hey there! Welcome to the RPR! :)
Hey, welcome to RPR!
056c584d9335fcabf080ca43e583e3c4.gif

HELLO AND WELCOME TO RPR!
I'm Hibari and it's nice to meet you.
Stay safe and take care always! <3
Kim Site Admin

Welcome!

If you prefer a more real-time experience, have you noticed that you can turn any forum topic or private message conversation into a real time chat at the touch of a button here? :D
Rogue-Scribe

Hello and Welcome to you N8D92! It’s nice you found this place! Hoping you find RP Repository a fun place to get into some roleplay and just spend time amongst us strange, odd, and varied folk! Here is a couple useful links to help you get started deeper into your journey here on RP Repository ...

'Getting Started' Guide
'Character Creation' Guide

Happy RPR’ng!
haneulseongie

welcome!! there's a lot of great people here. if you ever need anything, hmu!🙃
here's some things to get you started, if need be.

70c67a72c4dd75a1fc76858684c777af.gif
hello
Heyo, welcome to RPR! Hope you have a great time here. That's a nice long introduction! Thanks for that. I like superhero RPs and chapter-size posts, myself, but you do your thing I suppose! There's something for everybody here, or just about. :) I'm Shinyrainbowlithogra, I like reading and listening to music and watching anime. And movies. I like nature and cooking, and video games occasionally. Anyway maybe I'll see you around or maybe not! Whatever the case, take care and be creative and stuff. Have a good time, bye! :) :D :) :P ;D :) :) :) :) :O :P :) :D :P ;D :3 :) :) :) :) :) XD :D ^_^ :) :) :) :) :P :) :D :P :) ;D
Welcome to RPR, I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you haven't already, be sure to post in Looking for RP so you can find some awesome RP partners.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » My introduction.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus