Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I am new here and I am nervous

Feel free to hit me for an rp if you want
Welcome to RPR!!
Keke Moderator

ComedyWriter wrote:
I am new here. I came from many other chat sites and Rp sites and they treated me badly. Especially Rp Nation. I just wanted to do lighthearted Rps and stories but no one would let me. They even got annoyed at me for just saying hello to people. I was hoping here I would finally find someone who shares the same interest. Also I was born with OCD and learning disabilities but no one cared. They just kept getting mad at me even though I stayed nice and still following the rules as best as I can and even after I explained the full story. But I trust that here. It will finally be where I can settle down peacefully.

Hi, ComedyWriter, and welcome! I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience elsewhere, but I want you to know you are very welcome here, and we are so glad to have you join us. I believe we have a wonderful community of members here, and I have no doubt you will find your groove soon! I recommend taking some time to read up on the rules so you have a clear understanding, but please know we are definitely here to help. Please feel free to reach out to the team if you have any questions or concerns!

May I ask what sort of RP genres interest you? I am a huge fan of medieval, fantasy, and supernatural, but I will write in just about any genre or setting that stands out to me. You never know what to expect when you step out of your comfort zone!

I hope you have a great time here! Welcome again!

-Keke
There is like 22 something replies on this so I am sure I wont be saying something new but by goodness it wont stop me. I went to RP nation before too and yeah, that place was not very good for me either. I think that place is sort of the first thing that pops up on google search if type in "RP Forums" or something like that so it doesn't have the tighter and more focused family that this place has. I have actually been involved in quite a few RPs here that were more light hearted and not so worried about having a story that makes you feel like everyone's gonna die and each line is spoken with dramatic weight like some kind of dark Snyder film. I myself really enjoy a RP that has more inline with a comedy or fun adventure akin to a Monty Python film or a Nintendo game. I have had good luck finding like minded people here based off that criteria so you will no doubt fit in just right. There is bound to be at least one person into whatever it is you are looking for and the Find RP tool is probably one of the best additions to any RP site I have seen to date as well as the ability to make your own webpage for your character.
Rogue-Scribe

Welcome to RP Repository!
This site could always use more Comedy Writers!
SparksFly wrote:
I went to RP nation before too and yeah, that place was not very good for me either. I think that place is sort of the first thing that pops up on google search if type in "RP Forums" or something like that so it doesn't have the tighter and more focused family that this place has.

I visited RPNation last year on my trek across the interwebs and quickly left. I get what you all are saying there. I think it is on those ‘Top RP Sites’ listing sites where people ‘vote’ for the site to raise their listing. Having checked out song of those “top sites”, I have to wonder if people spend their time voting daily instead of actually participating on the site. I’ve noted that RP Repository does not partake in those sites. Anyway, I digress...

Here, pay attention to the rules here and you will not have any issues I don’t think. Overall, this is a pretty damn nice RP site, and you can’t beat the character pages here!

Oh yes, I love your old school Cheshire Cat Icon!
I am truly sorry you went through that, but welcome to RPR! I have so far enjoyed my experience here and hope you do, too!
Raspberry_Beret

Welcome to RPR, ComedyWriter!

I just wanted to say welcome and thank you for joining our community. I'm sorry you had such bad experiences before, but RPR is very different.
Here are some things to check out once you get settled in:

Do you want to join a group? Check here for everything on groups!

Do you want to know where to find an RP? Check here for where to place and find Looking for RP Ads!

Are you looking for ideas on how to create a kick-butt character profile? Check out this guide!

I am so happy you joined us, and I wish you a wonderful time with RP and stories.
Primrose-Chan

Welcome!
Here’s hoping you end up liking it here. It’s not like other places.
For one, it’s where being yourself is the name of the game—be it groups or messages, if you’re looking for something fun to play, you found it. >_<
Hi, welcome! You may notice someone posted rules and stuff up there. Just follow those and otherwise you should be fine! Have a good one. Byebye! ;) :D :) :P :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;D :P :3 :) :P <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :) :) :) :) :) :D :) ;D :P :) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
-Shinyrainbowlithogra

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I am new here and I am nervous

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus