Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to the Site and Ready to get Roleplaying!

Howdy!

For now, I'm just going to stick to answering what the forum has suggested.
I started roleplaying nine years ago, taking an (unwanted) break for the past year due to college and general craziness that has happened in the last several months.

My favorite kind of roleplays are romantic, crime buddies, and enemies to...? I really like it when me and my rp partners get together beforehand and talk a bit about what might happen in the roleplay, if there's a specific au in mind, if someone wants one or both characters to be ooc (usually for different aus, aka, modern or pirate). I ABSOLUTELY love progressive roleplays. What I mean by that is, starting out with our characters meeting as strangers, and then as time goes on and certain rps die out, new ones begin and keep the story of their friendship (or not-so-friendship) going and growing! Not every roleplay has to consecutively be the 'progressive' ones. Just once in a while is fine with me!

Don't! I repeat! Don't be afraid to be mean to or hurt my characters. I like the whole range: romanic, platonic, good friends, mean, nasty, and even enemies.

Most of my ocs are anthropomorphic or species I have made up. I do have a few humans that may make an appearence (though only two ocs are on my profile right now). I have an entire universe with worlds, places, and cultures created and would like to know- before roleplaying- if the setting will be set there or somewhere else. I will be happy to tell you some about the world/worlds or fine with something else!

I tend to air on semi-lit to one-liner replies when roleplaying.

I really hope to find one or several roleplay partners who I can jive with in how we get about roleplaying!

General misc about me:
I love plants! I have thirteen in my home right now!
I love eating dark chocolate and sharp chedder cheese.
Art? Water color? Markers? Creating ocs? Yes please!
I love playing Pixel Petz and Among Us in my spare time.
Hopes and Dreams? Well I hope I get a job with good insurance-

This site confuses me to some degree (hence me having made my first character profile over two months ago and only now getting into the community) so if you have any tips or wanna tell me something that confused you at first, please do!

Hope you all have a great rest of your day!
Welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here!
Hello! :D 🪴
Welcome to rpr, Arjastro! It's a pleasure to meet you, truly! I'm Asher, and I'm here if you want to talk, rp, or have any questions!
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Forum Rules
This should be your first step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
Welcome to RPR, we hope you enjoy your time here and find the rps and people you are looking for!
Arjastro Topic Starter

Thanks to everyone! I hope the roleplay vibes are good here! ^^
Arjastro Topic Starter

Now that I've had some time to look around, I do have a question for anyone willing to answer.

Where should you put your "here are the rules I follow, here are the rules I'd like for you to follow" section(?) if you will? Is it supposed to be on each character profile or is there a 'main account page' that I can't seem to find? I just literally figured this out as soon as I hit reply. Good lord!

I'm going to be editing my two character profiles for the next hour or two, so I will be avaliable. ^^
(Also, are faces like ^^, xD, and :] frowned upon or no? Or does it depend on the person?)

Thank you!
Welcome to RPR,
✨Arjastro!✨
giphy.gif
Arjastro wrote:
Howdy!

For now, I'm just going to stick to answering what the forum has suggested.
I started roleplaying nine years ago, taking an (unwanted) break for the past year due to college and general craziness that has happened in the last several months.

My favorite kind of roleplays are romantic, crime buddies, and enemies to...? I really like it when me and my rp partners get together beforehand and talk a bit about what might happen in the roleplay, if there's a specific au in mind, if someone wants one or both characters to be ooc (usually for different aus, aka, modern or pirate). I ABSOLUTELY love progressive roleplays. What I mean by that is, starting out with our characters meeting as strangers, and then as time goes on and certain rps die out, new ones begin and keep the story of their friendship (or not-so-friendship) going and growing! Not every roleplay has to consecutively be the 'progressive' ones. Just once in a while is fine with me!

Don't! I repeat! Don't be afraid to be mean to or hurt my characters. I like the whole range: romanic, platonic, good friends, mean, nasty, and even enemies.

Most of my ocs are anthropomorphic or species I have made up. I do have a few humans that may make an appearence (though only two ocs are on my profile right now). I have an entire universe with worlds, places, and cultures created and would like to know- before roleplaying- if the setting will be set there or somewhere else. I will be happy to tell you some about the world/worlds or fine with something else!

I tend to air on semi-lit to one-liner replies when roleplaying.

I really hope to find one or several roleplay partners who I can jive with in how we get about roleplaying!

General misc about me:
I love plants! I have thirteen in my home right now!
I love eating dark chocolate and sharp chedder cheese.
Art? Water color? Markers? Creating ocs? Yes please!
I love playing Pixel Petz and Among Us in my spare time.
Hopes and Dreams? Well I hope I get a job with good insurance-

This site confuses me to some degree (hence me having made my first character profile over two months ago and only now getting into the community) so if you have any tips or wanna tell me something that confused you at first, please do!

Hope you all have a great rest of your day!

Ah! You seem like a cool person! Wanna rp?
Welcome to rpr🤙
Arjastro Topic Starter

Wolfie9753 wrote:
Ah! You seem like a cool person! Wanna rp?

I would love to! ^^

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to the Site and Ready to get Roleplaying!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus