Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Seeing that there was a small crowd drifting through the large archway into the arboretum, Gabriela decides to join them. The arboretum is crowded with plants, many of which were quite recently planted but will one day be towering, filling up the entire space of the massive dome. Still, even in its early stages, the sound of gurgling water and the scent of many flowers makes the space a joy to visit on a long space journey. And through the dome, there they are, those massive, lumbering, did I say massive space-faring creatures are gently floating by, each one of the half dozen creatures bigger than the entire station itself. Gabriela is not certain she will ever get used to seeing them out there.
"Sweet!" he said, brandising his fist as a sign of enthusiasm. Even his spear seemed excited, quivering in the same manner.

"Awww, c'mon, don't be so down!" he said, offering a smile to Cinder. "How about you come with us to the Ar... arburrreetum--er, whatever it was." he suggested. "I bet seeing space whales is good for your spirit, too!"

He left his cup right behind Jadi's before following her to the arboretum--it was still a little cold to the touch, thanks to Cryostriker.
Cinder (played by Alien_Princess)

Hearing Naz say she wasnt much of a dancer was odd at first, but then, they were accustomed to some of humanities interesting quirks. They were uplifted she enjoyed the music, but dismayed at her seeming disinterest in it as a whole. They peered at her, suddenly and explicably heading out a door, which many other patrons seemed to be as well. Was the party over? Cinder couldn't tell, and so they stood, cautiously following along with the group and observing so as to anticipate what was to come

"Yeah, okay," was the only response they offered Kolt.

A droid rolls up to Nigel, one of its "eyes" appearing to scan him. "Query: Why are you attempting to access a station control panel?" it buzzes.
Nigel Blush (played anonymously)

He lowers himself to a panel and performs a few quick scans with the device, comparing the results before rising to perform another scan. Before scanning the first panel again, he pauses to scratch his grey, balding head. He examines the cracked screen with a closed eye. He lays his tools down and squats down in front of the lower panel, reading, scratching, and reading again and again. After a few minutes, he rises and peers through the crowd, admiring some of the most impressive beasts ever to grace our universe. He takes a deep breath and raises an appreciative brow. His comment is directed more at the rest of the group than at himself. "Impressive beasties," he says, "There be whales here".
It probably took longer for the airlock to depressurise as per human safety regulation than it took Yll'r to find one, but soon they found their way into their natural habitat of open space. The moment they were free of the outer airlock door, they began performing acrobatic manoeuvres in front of windows, not exactly sure what the arboretum looked like. Though of course, when they found the actual arboretum, they were embarrassed about how obvious it was and the fact that had made a number of false choices before hand.

Yll'r danced a few loops and spins within view of the dome's window, then swiftly began to make their way over to the space whales, sending out a few exploratory signals to see if they were intelligent.

Nigel looks at the droid and produces the datapad for its inspection "I'm from Stich'n'Time Temporal Insurance, I'm here to repair the columnator coil"

Nigel bends down to open his toolbag and produces a simple, metal rod with a pitted red polymer grip, the end has been machined down to a narrow wedge, which he presses into the edge of the lower panel, using a fair modicum of force to prise open. The panel rattles to the deck and he reaches out a hand to steady it, preventing it falling over. He peers inside and the headpiece activates a small light and a ladar scanner which sweeps the interior of the maintenance space.

Gabriela grins to herself as Yll'r comes into view of the arboretum dome, applauding appreciatively at the performance from their new space-faring friend. She wondered briefly whether the pressure change of being in the station was at all painful for Yll'r.

The droid inspects the datapad that Nigel proffers, whirring uncertainly. "This contract does not appear to have a valid signature," it eventually intones, lights flashing all through its chest.

Nigel pulls his head out of the space and looks up at the droid, sighing, he responds in the manner of a person who is weary repeating the same thing over and over again "The contract is valid at the time of the signature. SNT Insurance's retroactive policy means that damages which would destroy the station due to manufacturer's error must be rectified before purchase is complete." He pauses, drawing breath "Terms and conditions are on the next few pages." He pushes his head back into the space and keeps looking around.
Kolt followed the naturally forming crowd out to the arboretum, looking up in amazement--it reminded him of the gardens back home, but much more... wild. The plants were still small, sure, but the bright colored flowers and variety of leaves made the place simply incredible to look at. But the best part had to be the view out into the cosmos. The distant stars and the colors of the different galaxies were breathtaking.

He couldn't help but gasp at the sight of the huge whales, slowly swimming through the vacuum of space as if it were merely water.

"Wow." was the only word he could say as his head swiveled around. He was trying to see everything he could at once, but was really just making himself a little dizzy. He then tried to get as close as he could to the glass--maybe a bit too close, as his breath was starting to fog up the spot in front of him.
Jadi stopped to turn back to Cinder and Kolt, not much farther ahead of them than a few steps. “I haven’t seen life like this, it’s really exciting.” She nodded her head to the music as she turned and continued to walk. She had spoken of the music a few times earlier. She couldn’t help her slightly reclusive nature. She was lucky enough to even be speaking to people in the first place. Dancing just didn’t fit her awkward nature.

As she crossed the archway, she spent time examining several of the small plants and flowers around her. She stopped near one as others caught up to her.
Silken (played anonymously)

Silken nods at her conversation partner's courtesy. She takes her own steps to keeping the partial skirt in line, holding the front sides as she sits, but makes no move to stop the help.

She watches as the man sits and removes his hat, a touch she acknowledges with a small nod, and lets her eyes flick and glance over his face. Well cared for, polite, but not insistent on making it the entire focus of his personality. A gentleman? A practiced con-man? Hopefully both, to keep things interesting, Silken thinks to herself. Pleasant conversation was good, but it always helped if there were plays being made from time to time.

"Maverick," Silken repeats, feeling out the name, "I hope you live up to it, at least sometimes. And thank you, Rick," she continues, "You were bold enough to approach and yet prove yourself interesting. A rare combination, as I'd assume you've experienced too many times yourself. You seem like the kind of person who has met more than enough people to know it."

She tilts her head, letting the array of gems on her headpiece chime, and says, "I'm sure you have questions, or at least things you're trying to work out about me, and are likely less weary than I am at the moment. Until drinks come and I can relax properly, I am willing to grant you the initiative here. Not to mention it gives me time to... take you in."

One of her lower ears seems distracted, tilting toward the arboretum. The small commotion from the robot there had caught her attention, but she doesn't react to it just yet.

The drone makes a grinding noise as it tries to understand the meaning of this contract that appears to not be signed until some time in the future. "You are requested to desist until further guidance can be obtained," it finally whirs out, making a grab at his leg with a mechanical claw.

As Kolt approaches the arboretum dome, he may even be able to catch a glimpse of the world that Radiance Station orbits -- dawn is breaking over the edge of the rocky sphere, the red sunlight streaking out over its edge, illuminating the gently floating whales.

The whales seem to acknowledge Yll'r's attempts at communication with gentle color changes over their thin, membranous skin, so slow they are almost imperceptible at first.

"Ow!" Nigel cries as the drone pinches the fat on his leg and he jerks his head out of the hole. "Fine, fine, no need to pinch". He rubs his leg for a moment before rising back to his feet and looking at the droid. "Why don't you go and get some guidance then. I'll just be over here in the greenhouse".
Yll'r slowed their approach as they neared the space whales, attempting to be as non-threatening as they could, though the size difference no doubt already likely managed that. They attempted to get close to one of the whales and move in formation, simultaneously scanning the entire herd closely out of fascination. It was always pleasant to make new friends - whether terrestrial or spaceborne. Now it seemed apparently time for the latter.

Nigel casts a wary eye over the drone before making his way towards the others at the window, acknowledging greetings with a gentle bob of his head and a polite smile.

Gabriela is shaken from her admiration of the space whales by a notification sent directly through one of her cybernetic implants. Muttering to herself, "What could it possibly be now?" she makes her way to the edge of the green house to survey the scene of Nigel facing off against the confused droid. "Alright, what's going on here?"

Nigel stops short as the resolution happens so quickly "Oh hello, I'm here from Stick'n'Time Temporal Insurance, I'm here to fix the columnator coil over there" He passes his hand through his thinning hair, smoothing it down.

"Sorry, thats Stitch'n'Time".

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus