Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Maverick (played anonymously)

"You may find that I will," Maverick said, responding to her assessment of his name and experience. "You're quite perceptive, Silken. I'd be wise not to underestimate you."

He watched Silken's gaze appraise him with some amusement, and took it as an invitation to discreetly do the same, drinking in her curves and what few features remained visible through her very ornate outfit and polished silver mask. They both made for good company, but perhaps a bit too polite indeed. There was much he wished he could say and do, but this was not the time or place for those instincts.

"It seems we're both a bit more than meets the eye, aren't we?" His gaze briefly scanned over every piece of jewelry she wore, drawn to her headpiece as it chimed, and her ears, before he remembered himself and met her eyes again. "I do have many questions. No doubt you'll have some for me as well."

He regarded her seriously for a moment, before reluctantly breaking eye contact to analyze the situation developing with Nigel, Gabriela, and the others. He was prepared to "step in" at any time, should things escalate to dangerous levels. He was here on a mission, after all, charming company aside. A muscle in his jaw twitched as he listened to their conversation, alert.
Nigel Blush (played anonymously)

Nigel paused for a moment, realizing the attention he had gathered "Oh no, everything's perfectly fine right now I'm just here to make sure it stays that way," he looks back to Gabriella "Ma'am, ma'am, please let me have the work order so I can do my job, I promise I'll be as quiet as possible and be out of your hair before you know it." he grins, hopefully, giving the open panel some wicked side eye.
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Scan complete," the droid suddenly whirrs. "Coil has minor defect that may result in electrical fires in 3 to 5 decades." Gabriela stares at it, open-mouthed, for a long moment, and then silently pushes the datapad with the work order back at Nigel. Her eyes are narrowed, as if to say "I'm watching you," and her lips are pressed together in a thin line of frustration. But she says nothing.
Nigel Blush (played anonymously)

Nigel catches the pad and bobs his head in thanks, turning and stomping off towards the open panel. While the hologram certainly covers the dirty, creased overalls, it does nothing to prevent the debris he's leaving on the carpets which looks like... wet... coal dust?

((Friends, I'm going to AFK for about 20 minutes to walk the dog, please feel free to keep playing! :) ))
Kolt quickly shut himself up at Gabriela's distressed interjection--he was slowly getting the feeling that this was one of those situations that he should not have entered. Him and his big mouth!

"Sorry, miss. I wasn't trying to--" he started, trying to apologize, but the words weren't just quite coming "yeah, I'll just, go back to... ya know... the whales?"

Though, slowly, the more he thought about it, maybe it was destiny that had lead him here--he noticed the man give a wicked look at the panel, and he felt CryoStryker quiver beside him. He wondered if Gabriella was right---maybe this man really was here to sabotage the place. But, that was when the droid returned with the work order, he wasn't so sure anymore.

He was utterly bewildered by the whole thing, and decided to back off for the moment.

It was then he noticed the party around him had kind of stopped, everyone having paused to watch the heated exchange. Maybe there was something he could do?

He felt CryoStryker twitch beside him, and suddenly he had an idea--he raised his spear into the air, where it spun like a compass on his palm once more, spraying tiny ice crystals everywhere--they fell almost like snow on the arboretum, landing the plants and coating them in a crystal-like frost. It wouldn't hurt them at all, merely insulate them until it all melted. Best of all, they reflected the light from the station, sparkling like diamonds.
Olivabeth Emenan (played by Alidal)

Finally ready to introduce herself to her species, Olivabeth materialized in a bathroom somewhere on the 42X. Her appearance wasn't far from her normal, godly one, just a bit smaller and more human... looking.
She opened the door, and to her surprise, there were tensed people of all different kinds surrounding her. She realized that she was walking into this completely blind, despite the fact that she had watched over the humans since the very first one.
Olivabeth was in charge of, or one might say the queen of, Earth. Her people were given to her by her fellow gods, and she watched over them well and led them passionately. Today was a big day. She had never properly introduced herself, though many humans followed varying religions based on her being.
She looked around, somewhat lost, and hoped a waiter of some sort would offer her a drink or point her in the right direction, the direction of the ship's captain.
Silken (played anonymously)

Silken lets out another giggle before replying, "I think I have a few questions, you're definitely wearing more than just the mask across your eyes, and I would love to peel that more complex one back, given the chance." As if by instinct, she shifts position, slightly accentuating her figure, and crosses her legs. "And thank you. I'm also perceptive enough to notice that we have a... distraction in the works. And I know for sure now that this station doesn't have a nanorepair system or the kind of diagnostic software my company can offer." She sighs before muttering, "It would be wonderful if it didn't make their egos swell."

She turns to the growing situation, all ears perked toward it like some bizarre radar dish, then turns back to Rick and asks, "Well, now that you know why I'm here, why are you here? I was going to guess that it was just for the thrill of an exotic party, but either you just can't stand by when things start to get tricky or you have another reason for being here. I won't ask you to spill secrets, but I'd love an answer now that I've managed to notice that crack."

After a few calming breaths to regain her composure, Gabriela looked around and also realized that things had come to a grinding halt while she argued with the supposed repairman. Whoops! Time to get this party back on track. The spray of ice from CryoStryker was a great first step, and it gave her an idea. "Hey everyone!" She called out, raising her hands so people could easily find her in the greenhouse. "It's time for the talent show! There's prizes for the most impressive talents -- a week free vacation in Radiance Station's finest hotel, all food, drink and spa visits included!"

((I would reply and help get the party back on its feet, but it's awfully hard to perform for show in this outfit. My apologies.))
Maverick (played anonymously)

((It's all good! I'm writing up a response for you, so hoping it helps))

((No problem, not everyone needs to participate. You're still RPing too! :) ))

((<3 to both of you))
((Shame Yll'r doesn't know about the talent show, they'd be jumping at the opportunity x3))

((Maybe Yll'r can randomly wander back in and find out? ;) ))
((depends what the space whales are doin))

((Floating and changing their colors))
((I meant like their progress past the station))

((Ohhh, gotcha!))

While Gabriela had her minor freak-out at the supposed repairman, the scene outside the dome was still placid and peaceful as ever. The magnificent space whales had continued to gently float onward through the dark of space, their giant eyes taking in sights from entire solar systems away. Their flanks gently blush to a rosey pink wherever Yll'r passes, the only acknowledgement that they seem to give of the much, much smaller astral traveler's presence. But by now they are beginning to move out of easy site of the windows of the arboretum, continuing on their path out to the rim of the current solar system.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus