Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Jadi didn’t feel as much enthusiasm as Kolt did about the drudges of low level operations department work, but she grinned a little at his sentiment. He listened as he described dealing with telekinetics. Her experience was limited in that field so she could only wonder. “Wow, you had to clean that up? That doesn’t sound fun”, she said with a chuckle.

“Maybe our work is more similar than we think.”

She also added, “say, should we go check on those space whales? Sounds like a sight!”
Silken (played anonymously)

Silken lets out a low chuckle and shuts her eyes for a moment to add to the effect, and silently tells her mask to scan for an appropriate table: Off to one side, but not against a wall, respectable lines of sight over the area but not conspicuously so, and ideally with seating she could turn in to not catch the flare of the back part of her "skirt."

Once one has been found, she closes the dainty claws over Maverick's hand and leads him to it with more pep and bounce to her step than her reserved look would suggest. She pauses for a moment, giving the cowboy a chance to pull a chair back for her if he likes but not forcing the point, and either way twists the chair sideways so her outfit doesn't get disrupted. If only that back section weren't so impractical, and yet so very, very needed to complete the look.

Once the two are seated she asks, "Should we introduce ourselves? I know we shouldn't divulge too much, the mystery is important, but at least monikers of some kind would be helpful. Silken, by the way."

She looks up at the PA announcement, tilts her head, and twitches her ears before saying, "Mm, drinks first. Leviathans are lovely, but if we really feel the urge to watch them I could probably ask my ship to go get a view and feed it to my optics. Speaking of drinks, I hope you like them strong."
"Space Whales..." Yll'r commented to the droid. "What a vague expression. I wonder if I would recognise a species. I suppose if they are a local-only species, I would not, but I have met many beings that could be described as space whales."

Yll'r patted the droid on the head again and hurried toward Gabriela, pausing at the sight of John Doe and carefully manoeuvring around to stay well out of his reach. Something about him just didn't sit right, even to the jelly's limited understanding of bipeds. "Is there one of your airlocks nearby...? If your space whales are safe to approach, I would very much like to meet them up close. I am capable of interacting with electromagnetic communication systems even without my translator should I need to be contacted."
((THE. THE species. Gah. How did I miss that one whilst proof-reading? T.T))
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Oh right," Gabriela hastens to say, blinking at the cheeseburger shirt. "The sign of the cheeseburger. Of course. How silly of me. You are clearly the humanest human I have ever seen with my human eyes." She turns to Yll'r with some relief, breaking off from the dance. "The closest airlock is one level down. There aren't any on the commercial level. But the space whales in this sector tend to be extremely docile, I'm sure it would be safe enough for you to approach." Indeed, the big, lumbering beasts are in many ways just bags of gasses, gleaned from gas giants as the mammoth spacefaring creatures glide silently through space. It's the big "eyes," or rather, long-distance light receptors, used to detect planets in neighboring solar systems that make them so endearing to mammalian species.
Yll'r did their best representation of a bow, then wooshed up into the air vent that they had entered from at the start of the party in search of an airlock. They were exceptionally quick, given that they were capable of keeping up with spacecraft and could even create FTL bubbles around themselves, though that would have had disastrous consequences if they tried that inside a station.
John Doe (played by Ilmarinen)

John Doe's smile widened further when Gabriela came to her senses and recognized the cheeseburger, as any sensible human should! "Yes, human." He rotated his head towards the direction the announcement had come from. "I will partake in looking at the whales," he said. He drifted off the dance floor without so much as a goodbye, smiling all the way to the arboretum.

((Alas, I gotta go run my D&D game--I'll try to hop on later! Have fun everyone! I have guesses at to who three of you are ... ;)))
((Awww, but I love John Doe soooo much...))
"Oh, yeah--the whole palace is decorated with etchings in the walls. The goo stuck in those like you wouldn't believe." he elaborated, giving his story a bit more oomph. "Ha, maybe it is!" he agreed, with a grin.

It was then he paused to look around, taking notice of Cinder. "Oh, hey there! You were one of the ones dancing to the space music earlier, yeah?" he asked. "I should've brought Cryostriker out to give that a try." the guard added, gesturing toward the floating spear on his shoulder, which bobbed toward the small creature as if greeting her. "It seemed way more energetic and fun than those boring dances they do at balls and such."

He looked up at the sound of the announcement. "Space Whales?" he echoed, his voice laced with impulsive excitement. "Oh, cool! Do you guys wanna go see those?"

((Why thank you! I'll try to pop back in! :D Bye everyone!))
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((See you JD! :) ))
((See ya later!))
Silken (played anonymously)

((May the natural 20s flow freely!))
Maverick (played anonymously)

Ever the southern gent, Maverick was at the ready to not only pull the chair out for Silken, but to also keep a watchful eye on her expensive garments. He makes an effort to make sure they are all safely back in place before he rounds the table and seats himself. His mustache and goatee twitch in a crooked smile as he takes her in. Curious.

He overhears the PA announcement as well, but for now his attention remains focused on Silken and the promise of stiff drinks.

"They call me Maverick. But you? You can call me Rick." He winks and then takes his hat off, setting it on the seat beside him. His long, dark hair looks very soft and silken, and in all appearances, he seems to be a man who takes grooming and etiquette seriously, in contrast to how he's dressed.

"As for drinks, the stronger the better. Whiskey, if you don't mind. Kind of you to entertain an ol' cowboy at such an event of finery though. I'm honored."
Cinder (played by Alien_Princess)

Cinder sat in a relative slump, thinking to themselves as well as overthinking their concern for whatever that space jellyfish truly was. Their attention was only taken when Kolt finally addressed them, and as they listened, they realized they hadn't been paying attention to the table conversation at all.

"Yeah, Cinder offered lightly in response to his question, still distracted by the occurrences with Yll'r. "Dancing is good for the...." they claimed before stalling, staring at them with the same expression as had been on their face since they sat here. Surely there couldn't be so much evil here they would be approached twice right? "Spirit, it's good for your spirit," they claimed in decrescendo. Yll'r had sapped their drive for excitement, something that was said to be an ability of a Spectralyte.
Nigel Blush (played anonymously)

Theres a dim flash of dirty light and a man in creased and stained overalls appears, holding an equally well-loved tool bag. On the side of his face is a small, pitted and scratched box which looks like the glue keeping it there is having difficulty doing its job. The well work patch on his overalls proclaims 'Stic----Time Insurance' and a name badge 'Nigel'.
“Space whales sound like a sight”, Jadi replied. She too turned to Cinder, almost not noticing her at first. She felt a little bad for that. Looking to Cinder she said, “that music did sound pretty fun!”

With a look of warmth she added, “I’m not really much of a dancer.” She turned and started walking towards the hall which led to the arboretum. “That’s more of my thing.. Trees. Space wildlife.” She really did enjoy as much nature as she could find. She hadn’t had much time on planetary surfaces for some time.

Botany bays and halls of trees would have to do. She was aware that this station was not as advanced as those in her part of space. That was the beauty of galactic travel. There were always countless timelines, among endless worlds. Sometimes different ones would intersect in brief moments of harmony.

She finished her punch before leaving the area, setting her cup down before getting too far.

"Oops, sorry, wrong day". He mutters, glancing around for something, or someone.

He hefts his toolbag and makes towards a panel, producing some kind of mobile device from one of the many pockets on the overalls, the screen appears to be slightly cracked and it gives off a dim blue glow.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus