Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Zeno (played by GingerHades)

((Hey guys! I'm gonna pop out for a bit. I'll be back later! :D))
Cinder (played by Alien_Princess)

((tc zeno))
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((See you, Zeno! :D)
"Ha, yeah, I thought it suited her." he said with a grin, pleased that she had taken notice of the name. The spear gave itself a little proud shake at Jadi's compliment, blinking it's row of blue lights at her in a friendly way.

"I myself, am the personal guard of Princess Ev'ixa of--" he cut himself off quickly, as he realized it was probably better if he didn't say--that was the whole reason they had worn masks, after all. "Er, well, I say personal guard, though sometimes I suspect I'm more a of a personal servant, running errands and such." he said, with a small laugh. "Things are usually pretty quiet, but I do get to participate in tournaments sometimes. Cryostriker especially loves the attention." he added, though the way he said it implied that he enjoyed it quite a bit, too.

"Got some of that punch, huh?" he mentioned, seeing the glass in her hand. "I can have Cryostriker freeze that for you if you'd like it chilled." he offered.
Maverick (played anonymously)

((Bye Zeno!))
((Bye!))

Gabriela looks around at the various aliens and... experimental creatures..? dancing around her, a huge grin spreading across her face. She's not going to miss an opportunity like this, oh no, and taking a few steps away from the buffet table to make sure she doesn't kick anything over, she starts dancing herself, pulling out her best club moves. The formal dress she's wearing might be a little much for this particular display, but she's not going to let anything get in the way of this joy.

The droid that Silken approaches pauses. There is a short click and a whir as it turns on its speech synthesizers, and says in faintly buzzing tones, "This is the grand opening celebration. Refreshments, liquid and otherwise, are currently being provided at no cost to visitors as part of the festivities. Please state your preference."
"No, I am a llaa-synn," Yll'r explained. "A spacefaring species. I evolved in a vacuum where sound waves do not travel. I have not developed a means to interpret them. My translation device, however, is able to identify speech and translate it to electromagnetic signals."
Maverick (played anonymously)

Maverick was about to join the others on the dance floor when he saw Silken and stopped short. She had a real presence, quite the figure, and her attire dazzled and immediately drew him in. He certainly appreciated the finer things in life, and apparently so did this mysterious guest.

He closed his mouth and began weaving his way through the crowd over to her instead, approaching the completely shrouded woman from a polite, comfortable distance, yet close enough to start a conversation over the music.

"Well, hello there," he said smoothly. "Welcome to the party."

He tipped his hat to her and smiled, a little mischievous gleam in his eye. Now things were starting to get really interesting. At least from his perspective.
John Doe (played by Ilmarinen)

People were moving their bodies on the dance floor. After staring at the balloons for full-on thirty seconds, John Doe turned away--his feet first, then his torso. Still wearing that placid smile, he walked fluidly out to join the dancers. He stood motionless for a moment, watching them. Then, suddenly, he began to mimic Gabriela's movements.
“Sometimes I feel a bit like a servant myself”, she said with a hrumph. “Your post sounds interesting.” She wondered what it would be like to work for one powerful person. “I work on a ship… Well I used to.. Changing assignments.. Security detail type of stuff.”

Thinking of what made her refer to herself as a bit of a servant she added, “say do you ever get put on maintenance detail? Damage control.. Fixing bulkheads and waste extraction systems or stuff like that?” She hadn’t heard of the Princess. Jadi was fairly young and likely hadn’t learned much about his region of space. She really felt a world away from the places she was used to. This was the world of deep space transport, she told herself.

The music was really growing on her.

Cinder stared as Yll'r explained themselves. It seemed like a perfectly plausible explanation, save for a single fact. How would this creature be familiar with a Spectralyte if they weren't, in fact, a Specteralyte? This evil was trying to trick Cinder, and quickly they backed away again, turning to walk away, and hoping the creature didn't follow them. They could be telling the truth, but ultimate damnation simply wasn't worth the risk.

Cinder approached a human, at least they appeared to be human considering there was no way they could see the ridges on their nose. That and another individual they didn't pay much attention to. They stood before them, acting as though they were conversing with them, hoping not only the creature of evil, as they now saw them, wouldn't approach, and that the apparent humans they stood before wouldn't identify them somehow.
Marcus Winters (played by Thatnerdychick)

(I dont think I'll be able to join back in

So I'll go ahead and reveal myself

((sure you don't want to wait till tmw?))

Sadly I won't have the option)

Have fun y'all)

((Thanks for being here will you could Thatnerdychick! :D))

Seeing that she now had her own shadow, Gabriela grins to John Doe and begins to modify her movements to work better as a group dance, slowly drawing him in. "Well hello there. Welcome to the party."

((glad to write with you nerdy =] ))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus