Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Yll'r!" calls out Gabriela happily as the spacefarer comes zooming back, sticking out an arm to put around their "shoulders" and guide them back to the commercial core with the rest of them as they were heading out of the arboretum. "Not yet! You got back just in time for the talent show!"

The droids were setting up rows of seats in the commercial core, perfect for viewing anyone who felt like performing for the fellow attendees. The droid that had approached Olivabeth guides her to a front row, before departing to get her a margarita from the bar. It returns promptly, handing it over with a metal claw. "Anything else I can do to augment your enjoyment of the grand opening?" it buzzes.
Nigel Blush (played anonymously)

Nigel shrugged at Jadi "Suit yourself" he said and proceeded to grip the coil in both hands, manually bending it for a moment before checking his datapad once again. Unsatisfied, he continued to bend the coil, back and forth, each time checking something on the slate. Eventually he checked it again and was satisfied "now THAT was a magic trick" he said, obviously an inside joke.
Silken (played anonymously)

The silver mask conforms to her eyes as visible, sparkling amusement fills and widens them. A very, very bold offer indeed. "If that's what the right steering can do, I may need to take the wheel,," she purrs, mask making the lower tone more resonant, "But until then, there are other things to do. And indeed you are here for the exotic party, and in the most interesting way, aren't you? And you're not wrong, I suppose. The company heard of an opportunity, and so had to show its presence. Advertising isn't cost effective when you sell industrial or luxury products, of course, but there are other ways to make an impression." She leans forward to rest her arms on the table, letting her pose and the results make her point for her. "But, even with that much intent, we are both just wanderers."

Again that strange eyes-only smile as she watches the cards. Inside pocket, sleek and hard to see. Easy to feel if contents shift. Nigh impossible to pick, she notes to herself, Very, very good. "I'd be thrilled to see what all you and the others can do. I'm not much of a performer, unfortunately. At least not here, and at least not without relying on technology rather than my own skill. Now, get me to a negotiating table and that's a different story. Shall we find seats to watch?"
Yll'r's translation device/mask let out a gasp. "A talent show....! Oh, my kind do that kind of thing all the time! We love showing off new acrobatic manoeuvres to each others or artistically pleasing electromagnetic waveforms we have learned. Though I suppose most of you would not be able to perceive the latter. Oh, but I know so many fun patterns!" Yll'r wiggled under Gabriela's guiding arm, not to escape, but rather out of excitement. "Can I participate? Can I? Please? Pleeeeeease?"
Olivabeth Emenan (played by Alidal)

She sat down carefully, and the chairs were much more comfortable than they looked. She took the margarita, smiling, and shook her head.
The drink looked delicious, with a salty rim over a lime color slush. She took a small sip and was so surprised by the sourness that she let out a large flume of yellow smoke out of her nose. It made a loud popping noise, instantly silencing the crowd around her.

"Of course, of course. You can perform right after our first contestant here," Gabriela assures Yll'r, gesturing to Kolt to indicate that he was the first contestant. She, embarassingly, had forgotten to get his name. This was what you get when you promote an engineer to be station director and then have them throw big parties, but no matter, she'd learn on the job. "How, er, would you like to be announced?" she inquires of Kolt.
The Radiance.

It was—and always would be—such a station to admire. Though the people could be rather slack and possibly unprofessional at times, it was something she still liked to dawdle her mind with, was she ever to visit or pass by. Stars, she couldn’t remember a time where the ship hadn’t caught her eye. It had once been such a casual setting, yet it now maintained such an elegant aura, with the dimmed lights and chattering of masked figurines.

The woman’s punctual arrival was foreseen, of course. She was continuously ambushed with Missions or Sightings that she forgot about the events going on outside of her work. Fortunately, her forgetfulness seemed to be in her favor, this time.

She had waltzed through the entrance at precisely the right time, her attention almost immediately drawn to the crowd gathering before the main floor. Fingers fiddling with the skirts of her a-lined gown, her cheeks were plastered with rosiness whilst strands of her hair still dangled loose from its bun. She didn’t seem to care much for her own appearance. Her eyes focused on others, staring them to-and-fro as if personally picking them from the rabble.

Though, this is how most lively events with Dionophe would go. They followed the same, intriguing order; blend with the crowd, speak with whomever is of interest, idle herself with a drink or two, and leave before the party officially came to an end. It may sound more complicated than it should be, but she had gotten the hang of it after a while.

Dionophe pushed herself forward, heels clacking with the floor, until she passed one of the smaller waiters. With something less of a thank you, she scooped up what she hoped to be champagne into the palm of her hand. Her nails tinked against the glass as she sauntered her way to the event of the evening; the talent show.

The Space Siren wasn’t sure she would participate, to be exact. It would go against one of her many rules, and she didn’t seem to have much talent to share. Well, no talent that wouldn’t risk luring a sailor or two.
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

Zeno weaved past the droids, minding his tail. That thing was built to do damage, he didn't want anybody to get hurt now. It whipped underneath his legs, slithering up towards his chest. Pinning it against his buzzing heart with a large furry hand, he faced one of the droids and nodded. Another metallic chuff escaped him as he pulled up a seat.

Pop! Zeno was taken aback, whipping his head towards the direction of the sudden noise. It came from another attendee!

He got up from his seat and began to approach- not too quickly as to avoid scaring Olivabeth. Having a 7-foot tall beast with steel teeth and glowing eyes was quite the intimidating sight. "Are you... okay?"
Renovation Team Omega (played by randomentity777)

"Hey, sorry I'm late." The mercenary said as she entered through the airlock. "Had a lot of work related stuff. What's the deal here?"

"A talent show is the deal!" crows Gabriela to Culloch, grinning widely now. It seemed that the party was back on track now, and she even had a chance of it ending on a high note if things kept up at this rate.

"Talent show, huh?" Culloch thinks for a moment. "I guess my only talent is that I'm good with fire. Mmmm, fire."
"Sounds great--yeah, we'll need some space." Kolt agreed.

He followed the crowd back into the main party space, making a pit stop by the buffet table and taking a couple of decently large fruits from it for his trick, taking just a few sweets for himself, popping them in his mouth before heading to where it appeared that the talent show would be taking place--some droids were already setting up chairs for the guests to watch from.

On his rush there he nearly barreled into Zeno, at least this time attempting to make a less-than-elegant dodging swerve--it was a near miss, causing him to drop all the fruit he'd been carrying. "Sorry--not the first time that's happened today." he apologized with a chuckle, not appearing to be afraid of the biomechanical creature.

Another piece of the fruit, however, had just rolled underneath Olivabeth's chair, and with little to no hesitation, he dived beneath it, grabbing the piece before coming back up. He seemed not to have noticed the rather ethereal lady sitting in it. "Sorry, miss--probably should've asked before I did that." he said sheepishly.

"How I'd like to be announced?" he echoed, hearing Gabriela ask him the question. "Uh... um..." he tried to think of something cool, but didn't have anything off the top of his head. "Just Kolt Gavryn, I guess. Oh, and Cryostryker." he quickly added, feeling the spear quiver indignantly near his shoulder.
Yll'r considered how they were going to wait for their turn. The seating arrangement wasn't to their specifications, but they wanted to fit in nonetheless. Examining the others for a moment in thought, they hovered over to a chair and curled their tentacles to form the shape of knees and thighs and lowered themselves onto the chair, bending their head forward, in the end creating the visage of some kind of weird worm of snake... if one squinted or unfocused their eyes enough to not notice the fact that their 'body' was made up of tentacles, anyway.
((*worm OR snake... I am the typo monarch today.))

Gabriela nodded enthusiastically to Kolt, and stepped to the center of the space, raising her hands for attention. "Everyone, please welcome our first talent show contestant, Kolt Gavryn and companion, Cryostryker! Prepare to be dazzled!" she adds with a wink, her cocky nature coming back to her. She sashays out of the center of the space and takes her seat in the front row, sitting half-turned so she can watch the crowd and the performer at the same time.
((Ugh, typos are the worst, haha. I always cheat and go correct my spelling in the non-chat version of the thread--thank goodness for the edit feature XD))

"This should be interesting." Culloch takes a seat in the crowd.
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

Zeno's long ears perked up at the announcement. Olivabeth appeared to be alright at first glance, so he chose to return to his seat.

Once he made himself comfortable, he gazed at Kolt intently. This one nearly bumped into him in all the rush. Not that Zeno minded. He was looking forward to see what the humanoid could do.
Dionophe, while only vaguely intrigued by the announcement, found herself seated in the second row, far to the left. Her eyes slimmed, glass raised to her lips as she took in the bubbly substance. Hopefully, the humanoid could amuse her of some.. entertainment.
Cryostryker blinked her lights excitedly as Gabriela introduced them, and Kolt couldn't help a sly smile from sliding onto his face. Performing like this always gave him an adrenaline rush.

He gave something of a confident wave to the crowd, then turned to Cryostryker and mimicked one of the spear's whistles. Seeming to understand him, it flew up and away to the other side of the room, waiting for his command.

He took the first piece of fruit, and lobbed it up into the air--quick as a flash, Cryostryker flew towards it, piercing it through and causing it to split cleanly in two. He threw another--it was a near miss, but still exploded into fruity chunks, raining down on the crowd.

He threw the last three pieces of fruit, and while Cryostryker just barely missed one, it cleanly sliced through the last two, giving the performance what was hopefully a satisfying ending.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus