Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

"Uhhh.. Anime never heard of it, what's it like?" He spoke, glancing up at Zamma.

And then he looked at someone else. "So what's you thought on bad guys?"
Forte (played by JetStorm)

"Depends on the villain,most I came across were misunderstood, while others were just pure evil. All and all i guess it just depends"

"What is your opinion on war?" she asks,as she polished her silver sword.
Link (played by Rinny_Howler)

"Forte... War has never been very simple for us. I just prefer the peace over it." Link glanced at his sister.

"What's your opinion on bisexual couples...?"
Stray Dog (played anonymously)

"Not of my freaking business what peeps do in their bedroom, homie!"

"What's your opinion on Rap music?"
Hiro Itsuki Takahashi (played by Icysoul)

"I like it!" He said, grinning.

"What's your opinion on parades?"
Geode (played by JetStorm)

"What's a parade?....hmm,I'll have to look it up,later"

"What's your opinion on aliens?"
Coral Aqua-Petal Amaranthine (played by milktea_dollie)

"Aliens?" Coral tilted her head. "Well, I haven't met many, but I think you're pretty!" she said, smiling.

"Oh, now that makes me think... What do you think of jellyfish?"
Sherlock Holmes (played by Atheist)

Yfn5lmv.gif

Sherlock takes a moment to align his thoughts before stating whatever he manages to procure from his mental archives in the moment.

"Phylum Cnidaria and the Subphylum Medusozoa," he starts off with certainty upon his barebones recollection. "Referred to by popular nomenclature: 'jellyfish,' though in order to differentiate, marine biologists tend to prefer 'jelly' or 'sea jelly,' more specifically. I have no real opinion on them, honestly. Fascinating things though -- they do not possess a brain, heart, bones, nor a respiratory system. They're made almost entirely of water and contain only a basic network of neurons permitting them to sense their environment. Some are even a source of medical collagen, which can be utilized in wound dressings or reconstructive surgery."

Sherlock pauses looking vaguely deliberative. He supposes he should add something to his input that appeals to the layman. That always tends to earn favor with the queriers for some unknown reason.

"Aaannnd," he then continues matter-of-factly. "Urinating on a sea jelly sting does absolutely nothing. Now, what is your opinion on mycology -- a real genuine subject of interest, I must say!"
Aquila Arrowwing (played anonymously)

"Of all the things in this world to study, mushrooms are pretty low on my list. Nothing against mycology or anything, but it really doesn't interest me all that much."
"What is your opinion on.. astrology? The zodiac, and horoscopes, and all that?"
"I guess it's fun at a sleep over, but I don't know that I believe in it. What is your opinion on popular people and cliques in high school?
Mitsue (played by JetStorm)

"They are spoiled brats,popular people only like someone because of their money,now I know there are some good ones,there's just not as many." He answered and stretched.

"So,what is your opinion on mutants?"
"Mutants? What is that? Sounds like some kind of comic book super-hero thing," Felicia replied rolling her eyes. "What do you think about fashion?"
Melody Evans (played anonymously)

It makes life more bearable.

What do you think about escaping your past?
Pint (played anonymously)

"Ye can run to the ends of the Multiverse, but ye'll never be able to escape yerself.."

"That's a fancy way of saying, make peace with yer past 'cause there's no changing it. Heh!"

"Wot's yer opinion on dwarves, aye?"
Takao (played by AgitoAceXIII)

“To me, they just exist among the multiple oddities one finds in the universe. As long as you’re not friends with the Sirens, then I do not see a reason to think ill of a person or race. After all....not every race aligns themselves with them.”

“What do you think about the mountains, such as the mountain I was named after?”
Issac Shannon (played by Rogue-Scribe)

“I love the mountains! When I signed on to the Corps of Discovery, I had only seen the Appalachian Mountains and the Catskills. So when we found ourselves traversing the Rockies and the Bitterroots and floating down the great Columbia River through the gorge in the Cascades, it was a love I gained and never lost. It was after we got back to St Louis and after the celebrations waned did I know I could never go back east, and even St Louis seemed crowded to me. So I signed on to be a guide for a fur-trading expedition, and I never ventured back east again any further than Mandan.”

Issac lit a bowl of tobacco in his intricate wood pipe he traded for and puffed it a few times before looking back up.

“What do you think the future will hold?”
"Call me an idealist all you want, but I think the future will be wonderful. I anticipate a world where nobody has to work, and with all that free time, we can all dedicate ourselves to artistic pursuits. Or other passion projects, I suppose... I know there's some people out there who actually enjoy the sciences and might wish to occupy themselves with their study. Bizarre as that may be. But I'm getting off track, aren't I?

So tell me, what's your opinion on fortune tellers? Or psychics, or whatever you're inclined to call them."
Artix Violentaxe (played anonymously)

“First of all, that is categorized incorrectly. We psychics are very misunderstood and are often confused for other types of magicians. For instance, what dost thou refer as fortune tellers falls upon the category of divination magic, to read the stars or the fates, essentially, power that comes from an external mystical force. We psychics on the other hand deal with internal power, power of the mind, of the subconscious, of emotions, things of that nature, sometimes these powers are called psionics. They are very different.”

“As for my own opinion on fortune tellers. .. magic is magic, as long as they do their job well. I certainly would not mind having one as a pet. Hm, heheh.” The Duergar smiled cruelly.

“And thou? What is thine opinion on the saying that might makes right?”
Nemo (played anonymously)

They quickly open their mouth, beginning with a heated, "Well—!", only to think better of it. After scrunching their nose in thought, they tugged at their scarf and tried again. "Actually... I think I agree? Just, y’know, not in the way you might be thinking of, like conquest and forcing people to do stuff—not that junk. But, well. Hm.” They frown at their hands, twiddling their fingers to focus. “So like, bear with me. I thiiiink… might isn’t just one thing? They always make it out to be a Thing, but I don't think so. It’s Good, Bad, and In-betweens. You can be a hulking mass of muscle. You can be super clever, or charming. And, sometimes, sometimes you can be super brave, or kind, or caring. Each choice you make is might. Even just doing the best you can for just that moment is might enough to make a difference.

…There wouldn’t have been so many human Heroes here, otherwise. What we can’t do in magic and weird abilities, we make up for in sheer spite and determination!” They laugh nervously. “So in that sense, yeah? Might is right—until the next person comes along and changes everything all over again. Or well, uh—change is might, and then right, I guess? Maybe?”

There’s another pause, then an awkward cough. “Um… since we’re going by sayings, what’s your opinion on this one: “Jack of all trades, master of none, but better than a master of one”? Is it better to know about a little bit of everything, or just have one skill you’ve really mastered, or..?”
Artix Violentaxe (played anonymously)

((That was very well said. Kudos to you, Nemo.))

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus