Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Digging Deeper into your Charas (dice prompts!)

15. How easy is it for your character to start a conversation with a stranger? Are they outgoing? If not - what holds them back?

In all honestly Camila is not the kind to initiate conversation at all, she isn't shy and will speak when she needs too but she can't stand casual conversation or ridiculous social niceties. Camila is more the kind to talk when her voice needs to be heard and the rest of the time she prefers to listen and observe, after all we have two ears and only one mouth ...... you can learn a lot if you stop to listen twice as much as you talk.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.
lets see
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18.
Amukhat (played by Leighoflight)

18. How easy is it for your character to fall asleep? To stay asleep? Is there anything that helps or hinders? What kind of dreams do they have, if any?

She's partly cat so she is a frequent sleeper, doesn't take much for her to nod off and stay that way for hours if left to her own devices.
Before her deal with a fae she wasn't able to sleep on her front with the large eye on her neck. She can't sleep on her back as it can cause sleep apnoea. Most of the time she sleeps in a loaf shape or on her side or snuggled up to someone/something. Dreams of flight are a common occurrence even though if taken flying she'd terrified of heights.
Aedgar Stannen (played by Tyranoth)

7. Let's hear about a really embarrassing moment for your character 👀 And make sure to pull no punches; let's hear all the details!

By far the greatest moment of humiliation for Aedgar was being robbed of his right to throne on account of his impulsive proclivities and temper at the Ealdmoot and being framed for the murder of his brother and heir apparent soon thereafter. The council of ealdors may have ruled prudently since Aedgar suffers from PTSD on account of his long campaigns in the continent, his father too, atleast by accounts of courtiers, expressed concerns at Aedgar's ability to rule justly on account of draconic tendencies.

A soldier, whose family had served the reach for generations, whose own banner had secured the sanctity of the isles, defended against foes within and beyond, whom had marched under the banners of kingdoms and empires he had outlived was brought home to a band of squabbling greedy nobles whom saw it fit to serve him the greatest humiliation at the Ealdmoot, where he should have gotten the crown, he was instead put in the stocks and his family shamed.

This incited such rage in Aedgar that he swore vengeance upon all those responsible... he personally lead a campaign to hoist the Stannen banners upon the warden once more, obliterating the forces of the Ealdgarda, absolving the authority of the council and making the houses go their seperate ways essentially making each their own domain, this bold and ambitious move swooned many to his side and those it did not impress it enticed enough fear in for them not to take up arms.

Aedgar is not done however, he will not rest until he is High King.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 7.
Beatrice (played by Claine)

Does your character have any health issues that they struggle with often? How does this affect their daily life? If not, what was the last big injury your character had and how did it happen? Did it affect them permanently in any way?

Beatrice has suffered two large injuries during her adventures. Firstly her constitution was permanently reduced by one point after exposure to a strange green glowing rock (not magic). Weird.

The second was just last session, in which after defeat by a powerful fiend, he cut out her tongue. How she recovers from this one is yet to be seen.

She has exactly one spell without verbal components - counterspell. So she's countering everything.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12.
Quinne (played by Rook)

Placeholder to answer for my later!
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
A'RIGHT LET'S SEE HOW IT GOES!!

EDIT: Okay, I'll take this opportunity to explain Randle's very interesting relationship with tobacco smoking!
Quote:
6. On the other side of it - what's one thing your character does that they wish they could stop doing? This can be a compulsion, superstition, trait, habit; whatever.
So, a compulsion to smoke tobacco isn't at all uncommon in our regular human world, and in my universe, too, most organic entities can get addicted to nicotine. With Randle, however, that works a bit different- he's an in-organic being that has no real blood, brain and hormones, and therefore actual physical addiction is impossible to get for someone like him. Same goes for the actual effects of nicotine: on the one hand, he can't really suffer the lung diseases that are associated with smoking, and none of the other funky effects either (his insides do stain because of the smoke, but that has no adverse effect on his 'health'), and on the other, he also can't experience the relaxing/destressing feeling that smokers experience when they light on up for themselves.

Nah, Randle is a true king of placebo's- the idea of smoking a cigerette, cigarillo or what have you calms him down just like it would a mortal creature, solely because he's used to doing it and copies what he sees in other people. On that note, he also does it to feel less like an anomaly, since his world is pure dieselpunk (for those unaware, a sci-fi aesthetic inspired by the Interbellum/1950s) and smoking is incredibly commonplace. Of course, being what he is, he'll never truly fit in in Magick-fearin' New Arcadia and is mostly okay with that, but that doesn't mean that he'll miss out on a smoke in the rain with his clients and friends.

Recently, however, he really does wish that he didn't need to do this. Since he spends more time with the Rustbucket crew, who consist of 3 entirely organic mortal creatures that can suffer from the toxic qualities of nicotine (and of them is a kid, to make things worse), he's already made it a habit to smoke in designated spots on the ship, and to never smoke in a closed space with Zero (or any other child) nearby. Just like with real smoking, though, it's proving to be harder to quit than he'd figured at first. All Randle's mannerism are conditioned into him by himself, and since he runs on AI and not a brain, it's quite difficult to change them. He doesn't suffer withdrawal or anything, he doesn't have the bodily functions for that, but not feeling a cig between his lips and smelling smoke around him can make him more nervous and uncomfortable in situations that he'd usually smoke them for, like difficult conversations and whatnot.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
"Another experience in rolling dice. Cool."
Questions wrote:
8. When's the last time that your character was completely content? Why was it such a good moment for them? Do they think back to that time?

Actually, this isn't an uncommon feeling for Victi! Like, most recently probably a week or three ago. Any time she gets to pop by her burrow with her partner and the two can just sit in their clearing for a while, she's at peace.

The soft babbling of the nearby creek, the faint song of the small wind-chimes the two have around the clearing, or the pattering of rain against the ground around them and in the treetops above. The peppy scent on the air from her partner's herb garden, the steady, heavy, lively odor of rich soil, and tasty hints of nearby prey creatures. The gentle, nuanced tones of a warm herbal brew, the full, invigorating flavors of recently hunted, well marinated prey, or the familiar taste of her partner's fur when the two enjoying an affectionate moment of shared cleaning. The breeze running through her own fur as she sits outside, the warmth of her partner next to her, or the softness of grass and earth under her pads. The cool, gentle flows of ambient mana swirling through the forest, the energetic tingle that comes with an approaching thunderstorm, and the sense of nearby auras of plants and creatures forming a harmonious symphony of being. The delicate motion of leaves brushed by wind, the endless depths of beautiful green that defines her home, interspersed with pops of every colour imaginable from fruits, blossoms, and unusual evolutionary tricks, and finally pride at the sight of the small structures, workstations, and other projects the two have made together in their home.

For her, that experience is what it means to be content, and she's lucky enough to have frequent access to it.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 8.

Note: Let's see what needs answering.

Takara (played anonymously)

I wonder what we'll get...
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.
Takara (played anonymously)

Takara wrote:
I wonder what we'll get...

9. How does your character deal with call centres/retail/general customer service? Do they get into shouting matches when things go wrong? If so... do they feel bad afterwards? Definitely not inspired by my current day at work 🤔

Well, Takara is just a kid, she is only a toddler but she will pick up her parent's phone sometimes! When it is a call center and her parents aren't immediately available to pass the phone to/gesture towards her that they do not feel like talking to someone like that then she will talk to the person herself. She will listen and hear what the person on the other end of the conversation has to say but soon enough the conversation will switch and she will ask the person questions about things she wants to know. These are typical toddler things, and while some people in the customer service branch find her questions entertaining and endearing, it usually does insure that her parents won't get bothered by that company again.

"Why do the birds sing? Why is the sky blue? Why does the pool close at night?" Why, why, why... you get the idea! Every now and then, there is a "How" included, but it doesn't get much better than that, haha. This just might be the most fool-proof way to handle call center calls without anger or resentment, although I'm not sure it works out well for the person on the other side of the line, haha.
(WIP)
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.
2. What request for help would your character never be able to turn down?

As mundane and chivalrous as it is, Marc values a sense of justice and law above everything and therefore requests to provide justice and law are obliged by him, oftentimes by peasant tribunals who can offer him nothing in return but gratitude and sometimes he provides them these without their knowledge.

However, this practice, deemed the Lex Conduttario et Vulgarem (Law of Freebooters and Vulgars) is fraught with its own issues such as blood feuds, rivalries, power and land disputes etc. but it is codified and honorable, some law is better than none and Marc acts with best intention and fair judgement.
Death (played by SillySpider)

Let me seee

4. How well can they handle stress?
What generally stresses them out?
What's their ideal way to de-stress; what do they treat themselves to, after a tough day?

"Think I handle it pretty well, I'm already dead soooo what else is there to worry about ha!"
"Hmm .... well I guess being alive again might, there's no reason I ever want to be flesh again!"

"Oh that's a good one! A hefty nap in chair, legs up, on a good day ... or sometimes just with a lil bit of music. That really hits the spot."
Fran Eckehardt (played anonymously)

Well I hope I do this right.
Quote:
5. What's something your character does that's entirely frivolous, and serves no purpose, but that they still enjoy?

Well that's got me thinking!

Fran loves chocolates, but he's incredibly picky about it.

He hates cheep chocolates that just taste like tacky confectioneries — where is his fine rich chocolates that are astringent? roasted? velvety? He'd even enjoy a malt!

But don't mistake Fran's enjoyment of chocolate being all-consuming. He loves it, but really only as a candy melt. Baked chocolate goods and frozen delights are, for some reason, atrocious to him. They're either too sickeningly sweet for him, or terribly bitter — disgusting!

His particularities about chocolate is utterly stupid, yes, but he's the right amount of defensive and passionate about it.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 5.
How does this dice rolling work, do I just have to roll then make another post after I see the result? I dont quite get it.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3.
I dunno about last time, since I dont know at what point in time I should be counting back from, but the most prominent time either of them cried would be during the storm where Alunya got banished from their village. Alunya wouldn't really be particularly ashamed of crying, but its not very typical of them because they're normally so chipper.

But after the storm hits, Alunya gets blamed for it because of their magical abilities and their mother disappears. Antares gets drunk and in an angry stupor hits him to the ground. It probably didnt actually hurt Alunya that much, but the combination of their mother going missing and Antares blaming Alunya for the storm finally got to him and made him have the largest emotional episode of his life. Antares was right there since he was the one who caused Alunya to cry, but most of it was Alunya crying by himself off in the forest until he calmed down.

The last time Antares cried, at least in their story as planned, would be much later when, to let Alunya use their magic freely on him, Antares had to let down all of his barriers and let Alunya peer into his soul and memories. He definitely didnt accept it, and was extremely reluctant to do so, but had to find the strength to just honestly show his true self, self-loathing and misery and deep resentment and all. But with Alunya's help, they worked through that eventually and were able to come to terms... So I guess in the end they were happy tears for them.
Ren (played by stalkati)

Rolling dice, will edit in a moment...

EDIT:

2. What request for help would your character never be able to turn down?

She lost her home at a young age and would gladly go anywhere to help someone reclaim their home or freedom.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.
West (played by Claine)

How well can they handle stress? What generally stresses them out? What's their ideal way to de-stress; what do they treat themselves to, after a tough day?

One of West's strong points is that he's able to keep a cool head under pressure and work towards long-term goals. He's very focused, and can work through many stressful situations that a lot of people can't. A lot of his current stressors are financial based, so he can't really treat himself in that respect, but he has a small but very tight-knit group of friends who he can rely on when he's most stressed out.

A couple of friends wanted me to draw him having a spa day, which he probably wouldn't do in canon because it's a very expensive luxury, but I think he'd enjoy.

39_612241-39-396743-Spa-3.jpg
08_567449-08-355087-Spa-2.jpg
11_318205-Spa-1.png
Ja'vassa Anair (played by KansasVenomoth)

Oooo, this looks fun.

It doesn't seem therapists exist in Skyrim, though even if they did, Ja'vassa would extremely reluctant to visit one, somewhat nervous about retelling many of the more violent and regrettable things he's done, but he could probably be convinced to see one by his companions.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11.
"So I just roll this and answer the matching question? Alright." Emelia gently flings the twenty-sided die out of her hand. It lands on. . .

"17. Your character finds an injured creature, innocent and weak. If they don't act, this helpless creature will be in grave danger. What do they do? Bearing in mind, there's nobody else around to provide any moral checking."

A heavy sigh escapes her lips. "The one question I really didn't want."

Taking a moment to think on the question and compose herself, the zombie answers. "What I would do would really depend on the creature I find. If it was a standard animal, like a deer or rabbit, I would likely end its life and harvest the meat, if possible. It would be stupid to waste food that's right in front of you. If it was a creature capable of rational, intelligent thought. . . That is more complicated. If they're innocent or someone that I cannot readily determine the alignment of, I would attempt to find them aid. If they're a known heretic. . ." She leaned forward, her hat covering her eyes as she grinned. "No one would ever find the body."

With a cough, Emelia abruptly leaned back in her chair. "Sorry. Either way, I would have to make sure my. . . urges are sated prior to contact with a person who's hurt."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 17.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Digging Deeper into your Charas (dice prompts!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus