Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Win a Celestial Cappuccino (Ended)

Auberon Moderator

Just what it says on the tin!

Rules:

- User accounts only, no characters
- One entry per person
- Describe the first map you want to make when Maps goes live in as much detail as you want, but at least a paragraph.
- Tell me your favorite treat from the Lemonade Stand!
- Winner will be drawn at Noon EST on Saturday 7/22/23

Entries:
1. Alien_Princess
2. Atheist
3. MercyInReach
4. Auron
5. Redrose
6. Dawnia
7. SylOfficial
8. Arsenic
9. Keet
10. Moonbiter
11. Zorkia
12. Corvin
Kim Site Admin

*shaking eyes.gif* I AM PEEPING THIS CLEVER MARKET RESEARCH
A while back before I changed names, I had a space station I named after one of two capital cities on the controlling races homeworld. This was a three ring space station with interlocking docks between the rings, as well as a central core for command actions. The outer ring was mostly shipping and receiving, docking, and general launch and dock ships area. The middle ring was the common area which I called the Amble, a term meaning to casually stroll which seemed appropriate. This area had shops, stalls, restaurants, and other varying areas for entertainment, trade, and sales. The inner ring was the supporting tech area for lack of better terminology. This was where much of the hardware for station operations was stored, as well as some personal crew areas that was restricted to operational and command crew only. Gym, cabins, mess area, etc. The central core was a sphere, and that was where the command area, or bridge, was, and was where the command crew ran the station.

Each of the three rings were 3 stories, with the outer one being one or two stories depending on the area on the ring. That was so larger shuttles could dock.

While I originally designed this for my own species, it's not necessarily unique compared to other stations (such as deep space 9). If I (or anyone) was able to create something like this, I think all sci fi rprians would benefit from it.

As far as my favorite lemonade stand item, I'd have to go with the fancy umbrella drink. Looks very refreshing, and I love the added fruit on top. I'll be honest though, I'd probably get mine from the adults only lemonade stand ;)
Sanne Moderator

Edit: I CAN READ I PROMISE. I'll edit this comment later. <3
Auberon Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
*shaking eyes.gif* I AM PEEPING THIS CLEVER MARKET RESEARCH

KEKEKEKE

And I love these ideas so far!!
To be perfectly honest, I had never really made any kind of map before. There was this game from a long time ago called RPG Maker and I tried my hand at character creation, storyboarding, and map making then, but it was so hard to do and eventually, I gave up, but I never deemed myself much of a programmer and it was sorta like that grade of work.

I suppose if I'm going to put together a map, it'll be sort of an OOC deal -- a place for people to come and share and storyboard and relax. I'd like to take ideas from the different things I enjoy and put something together like a fandom hub that alters and shifts as I do. But really what comes to mind is my old Furcadia dream Tempus Zero. It was a Star Trek space station that guarded a dimensional tear to prevent the wrong kind of people from entering or exiting to wreak havoc. It allowed all sorts of others to pass through, however, and the space station was an amalgamation of every Star Trek captain's dynasty that we could cram into it.

There were holodecks, crew quarters, training areas, all the captain's chairs that we could muster -- it was hilarious, but there was a lot of seriousness involved in it as well.

I think my map is going to be wacky and versatile. I wish I could say I knew what I was going to do with it, but I get the feeling I'll change it pretty consistently until I figure it all out. 😅

Really trying to think about it here as for my favorite lemonade stand item... I think the lemon square would have to be the one for me. I love those so much and I rarely get to have them. I would eat a whole sheet pan of 'em if left to my own devices...
Fave treat, definitely the brownie. Simple and chocolately. Yum!

As for map... I'm not totally sure how maps are gonna work, but if we can make scenes/rooms in a more specific focused in way. I'd love to make a cozy little library room with wall to wall bookshelves, cozy chairs, and teacups. There would be a nook for writing as well with a desk and a computer or paper and pens. I'd have my characters go in to read, write, chat while just having a cozy slice of life RP time.
Honestly, I have no idea what first map I'd make. It would firstly depend on whether the computer I am on right now would even be able to handle whatever program (it's old and I can't do much with it). It would also depend on what free assets there are.

I don't think that I'd even really have much of an idea for anything in mind, I'd likely just DO. I just go with the flow. I don't know if that makes any bit of sense. When I used to build maps or such on Furc, even if I never used them, I liked to just make things out of fun and because it was relaxing. Even if I had an idea in mind, I'd kind of just start placing objects and then "feel it out" and go from there. So that's likely what I'd do with these maps as well.
I might make a map for my friends and I to just hang out on. Or I might attempt to recreate a smaller scale of IRL locations "just because". Or some kind of feral map, if we have feral avatars (or even if we don't?), because I like a lot more outdoorsy decorum and making a forest or glade or something.

I know this isn't really the best answer, and not really that detailed - but until I'm able to see the final "end" product of all the free assets available - I won't really know. I have to see what I have available. I believe there is a good representation in Doubutt, and also I have an idea of some from an idle farming sim I used to play that used the exact same game assets - but still.

As for my favourite lemonade stand treat? Why you even have to ask that? lol. I like the blue boba for the color, as well as the green boba for it's color but also because I like matcha boba. If we could eat said pixels, then the brownies because chocolate! I like the sakura cappucino because the detail of the little pixels is awesome! I like the rainbow cappucine because RAINBOW! I like the celestial cappucino because SPACE! (quack!). I like the silver spoon (I know it's not a treat but still) because it reminds me of antique spoons and I love antique things. I liked the iced coffee because I love mocha whether it's iced, hot or room temp. Chocolate and coffee just go together. And I like the fancy umbrella drink because I love the colors!

More detail in that then in the "what would be your first map" question.
Wow, describing a map can be difficult! I think I’ve always wanted to detail a castle where Finn (one of my characters) would work.

I would certainly have a large courtyard, surrounded by beautiful grass, tall trees, and bushes. A couple of berry bushes would litter the yard.

Inside the castle walls, there would be the large stone castle. Large towers, beautiful statues, and a detailed room plan. A large princesses chamber (in which Finn would want to visit often.) and a small servants room on the other wing. Additionally there would be dancing rooms, dining halls, large kitchens, guest rooms, a huge library, and an underground dungeon. Plus a barracks in the courtyard, that holds suits of armor, weapons, and rows of beds and chests.

As for my favorite lemonade treat. Probably the Iced coffee, because I love coffee! And I had one today that was amazing. Carmel iced coffee with chocolate milk!
Quote:
- Describe the first map you want to make when Maps goes live in as much detail as you want, but at least a paragraph.
I am uncertain how these maps will work, but I'll likely make a map of Nina Phelps's neighborhood and part of town if I can. I have it all pictured in my head, and think it would be nice to have a visual. Since coming to RPR, I have developed quite a world around my suburban couple so it will likely be my first map focus if I can make it work.
Quote:

Iced Coffee! But the Cappuccino is a close second!
I would love to make a map of my character's hometown or even of the homeworld of the race I am creating, although the latter may be a little bit... how to put it... courageous? So maybe the hometown of my oldest character wouldn't be as farfetched.

It would have quaint little hills with small houses made out of wood for the most part. Medieval looking with some modern elements weaved in here and there, but not enough to take away from the overall vibe. There would be a small church in the middle of the town and a bakery further down the street and there would be a massive, dense forest that shares at least one edge with the town. In the far distance there would be mountains, 3 to be precise, and one would be very steep and very high. So high that nobody would ever dare to climb it. It ends up in the clouds, and nobody knows what can be found at the very top. It's the best kept secret.

Somewhere between the town's center and it's edge is a little house that is owned by my character's mother, and a little further down the path by the forest's edge there is a small and charming lake between the trees that makes a perfectly secluded spot for swimming... I think you get the idea.

This hometown has existed in my mind for over a decade... I'd love to see it come to life.

My favorite lemonade stand item is the Pink Lemonade because of it's design!
Hello hello!

Oh gosh, I already have so many ideas! My absolute favorite genre is medieval fantasy, so definitely something involving that! Lots of glowing crystals, towering mushrooms, strange and exotic flora and fauna. I also really love modern sci-fi and futuristic sci-fi, so that is a possibility as well. One map that I would absolutely love to bring to life is a fantasy feudal-Japan map, based on anime concepts like Inuyasha and Demon Slayer. It is my understanding that we won't be able to code our maps per-se, but I can probably slip in some scary demon-monster assets. ;)

I love them all! I nearly added every single item to my cart! The pink lemonade has to be my favorite, followed by the fancy sunset drink and the fancy umbrella drink. :)
HEDDO thank ye for the chance!

I want to make a map of a tropical island completely taken over by chickens of all colors and sizes. Wherever you step, there are massive nests. The chickens are docile, unless you step on their eggs.. then you will be overtaken by a swarm most fowl. Deep within the jungle is a temple to worship the birds as gods. There is a massive stone statue in the middle. It is forbidden to take chickens, eggs, or feathers off of the island. Each of the chickens has unique dialogue, but you can only understand them with a special omelette—I mean—amulet in hand.

I would love a lemonade to match my sona's colors kekeke
I just spent an hour walking around the site checking out all this new stuff, and I think the Fancy Sunset Drink would be refreshing.

As for maps, I'm not sure exactly how they work, but I'd make a world map that pinpoints all the good radio stations for my character Marionne.
That or one of a futuristic dystopian earth. Not sure.
I'd love to make something similar to a Furc dream for Zykla so we can have another avenue for RP! I'm a little overwhelmed by the options and the learning curve, especially since I've never been very successful at making maps of any sort. But I would truly love for there to be just another place for us to get our beautiful babbens together for gatherings and RP - especially if someone is unable to get on client for something!

You already know I freaking love the strawberry lemonade, AND the celestial cappy! You did so good on all of them, though, so I think it's hard to choose just one favorite. They're like Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all!
Honestly I'm with Zorkia. I'd be so excited to do a map for my Daegni. Run campaign sessions with him. Have a chillax place. Run quests and other stuff on the map. I mean, over all great idea and concept Kim. I hope it goes far. I wish I could help financially but ATM I just can't :/
I am beyond excited for this to happen. I know there are quite a few of us who have Rped in Furc for years, so this feels like a homecoming to us.
In general, I love modern rp. That being said, I would love to create a gritty, dark city for all my minions to run around in and cause chaos. A speak easy would be amazing. A hidden entrance leading to a seedy, smokey place with worn leather furniture, a grand heavy oak bar, and live music that is both seductive and entrancing. Anyone with a musical character could be featured on the weekends, perhaps. I can see lots of candle or firelight, maybe a few Tiffany style lamps to keep the lighting dim. A backroom for some *maybe* legal poker games or anyone who wants to be rowdy without disturbing the music of the front bar. Oh, the inspiration...

As far as the items, the celestial cap is the best, followed by the fancy umbrella drink, for me. The iced coffee isn't too shabby either ;)
Auberon Topic Starter Moderator

Congrats to Atheist, and thank you everyone for sharing your Maps ideas and favorite Lemonade Stand treats. It does my heart good to know people enjoy them! <3

9d020a4230dc2e2a9658d14dad31a6ad.png
Aaaagh! How very exciting! Thank you, thank you, and soon enough I will be paying it forward myself. The amount of kindness and generosity, coming together, and sense of community during this event and generally every event is amazing.

Thank you for holding such a sweet event, Auberon!

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Win a Celestial Cappuccino (Ended)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus