Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Our pain filled dream 🩷

Red Hood (played anonymously)

He would quickly u holster his pistols again and he would look around. He made sure to keep.a perimeter around the party he was with.
Hearing this was very alarming, and the worry Aimi felt earlier slowly crept back in. She continued to follow everyone as she didn't want to get involved with this sandman Jonathan had just previously mentioned. But for the sake of their safety, she had to at least know what it was. Is it that dangerous? 'Ignorance is for fools' as someone once said to her.

"I'm sorry, but what's the sandman? What happens if he or it catches us?" Aimi asked as she stayed side by side with Thor and the others. Her curiosity peaked along with her anxiety, but she tryingly continued to stay firm despite the fear and worry. She wouldn't want to hold everyone back after all.
Jonathan (played by ForeverDreamer)

(( I suppose I should mention that I do plan to keep the story going and constantly engaging, so if others start to flag put them basically in "time-out" with a twist that they can escape, and can still contribute to the story by having knowledge that can help them escape the world that they're trapped in. That way everyone can still contribute to the development of the story despite if they're active or not. I will start "trapping" the unactive characters soon... ))

"The sandman is an entity that can actually use sand to trap us and put us to a very deep sleep that we can't wake up out of...needless to say that if that happens any one of us then it's almost as bad to say that they'll die... In fact, we not only have a few people that has fallen under the sandman's spell of falling into a deep slumber, but we lost one person to that bastard..." said Jonathan as he did shed a few tears before looking away "I don't want to lose any more people to the sandman again...not again... We need to gather everyone to some place safe as soon as possible...I don't know how much time we have left before he attacks us... I'll use my magic and produce an echolocation to find any and all people that are still awake, and then lure them over to the underground shelter as fast as they can...I feel like at this point it's our safest place to keep him out..." said Jonathan

And so, Jonathan transforms his clothes from his normal academy clothing into magic armor as he then invokes a lot of magical power to produce a blue aura before firing out a pulse of magic that is traveling through the ground and spreading out very far at high speeds, including be able to reach the hospital which used to be their home base.

"There...that should do it... The underground shelter I've found is over there, we can make it in good time if we hurry." said Jonathan as he then started to run in that direction

"Dr. Fate taught me a bit about fighting supernatural entities. Do you think that'll help?" He asked Jonathan before petting the dog that was with them.
Thor the Malinois (played anonymously)

Aimi Satou wrote:
Hearing this was very alarming, and the worry Aimi felt earlier slowly crept back in. She continued to follow everyone as she didn't want to get involved with this sandman Jonathan had just previously mentioned. But for the sake of their safety, she had to at least know what it was. Is it that dangerous? 'Ignorance is for fools' as someone once said to her.

"I'm sorry, but what's the sandman? What happens if he or it catches us?" Aimi asked as she stayed side by side with Thor and the others. Her curiosity peaked along with her anxiety, but she tryingly continued to stay firm despite the fear and worry. She wouldn't want to hold everyone back after all.

He sensed her anxiety which prompted him to lean against her and put his right front paw around her and wagged his tail

"Well if what your claims is true, then I'm sure you can fight it off. It is a very tricky bastard to fight it though...hiding behind sand... Trying to find it's true form is the challenge, letting him wear us down with tricks and traps before going for the kill... If we can just find out more about it, but all we find are journals that don't make too much sense...we need more information... In fact, if we can get into that underground shelter, I'm sure we can find something about it, and perhaps find a weakness or something." said Jonathan

Then Jonathan realizes something about Red Hood's fighting style that piques his interest.

"I'm sure you came from the future well beyond my time... When we get a chance to take a breather, I'm curious about those...weapons...that you used earlier... They look like very stylish muskets, but something tells me they're more than just that." said Jonathan
Aimi finally understood the situation. From what Jonathan explained, the sandman was bad--like really, really bad. However, as she deeply thought about it, worrying almost, Thor's gentle presence helped her feel at ease once more.

"Thank you, Thor," Aimi smiled and petted him as well, giving him a nice scratch behind the ear. "I wish I could help you guys fight, too." She continued while looking at Red Hood with his pistols. She also remembered what Jonathan had done with his magic. From that, it was safe to say that maybe, sharing her secret with them (if it were ever to come out) wouldn't be so bad. But then, it wouldn't be something very helpful for a situation like this either.

"But, I don't have any special skills though." Aimi began to think of someone, "Hmmm... If only Haru were here. If it's dreams and nightmares we are dealing with, she might be able to help. Even help those the sandman has affected. However, based on what you explained, I don't think it's possible to even contact her at all..."

Months ago, Aimi met a new friend. A girl a little older than her who had the powers to manipulate and harness the elements within the dream realm. But due to her friend's power, it's highly unlikely that she would end up in a place like this.

((Don't worry. I ain't adding Haru. She's too OP for this thread. Haha.))

"Well...even if you can't really fight, I'm sure you can help all of us out in other ways... Hell, killing the sandman may not actually let us escape, but at least he'll no longer be able to hunt us down." said Jonathan

Jonathan then notices and feels an odd tingling underneath his feet as he then notices that the ground around him is turning into a sand pit trap, so he quickly dive roll away from it as it forms.

"Damn, that was close... Seriously now? Sand pit traps? Now that just not fair..." said Jonathan

It wouldn't be long until the other people will get sand pit traps forming under their feet as well...

"We gotta keep moving! Last thing we want is for us to have a early terrifying sand grave!" said Jonathan

He pulled the crowbar from off his back and gave it a flourish before he handed it off of Aimi.

"Anything happens, make sure when you swing, you swing with all of your might and try to take their head off. I need you to stay behind me and Jonathan and Max. The dog will be here with you"

He start walking ahead back in the direction of the sled where Jalie was.
The moment she witnessed Jonathan roll to the side, Aimi started to feel the strange tingle underneath her feet as well.

"Oh no!" Aimi gasped as she did her best to avoid the sand pit trap. She moved away just in time but pretty clumsily; hopping a little to the side just before getting back her balance. "Phew, that was a close one..." And she sighed with relief.

Just then, Aimi was caught off guard by Red Hood. Accepting the crowbar, she was a bit confused for a while. "Wait, what?" But she had no time to fully react as Jonathan called out to them. They had to move quickly.

Aimi knew she can no longer hesitate, so she gripped on the crowbar firmly while thinking to herself, "I can do this." And right there, she followed everyone, determined to move forward.

Just as the ground gave way under Jason's feet, he fired a rappelling hook and cable into a building and he would come out and he landed on his feet

"Come on, Sandman. You can do better than that.." he would angrily taunt. Beneath his helmet he gritted his teeth angrily. He would not be satisfied until he blasted through Sandman's face with a few rounds.

As more sand pit traps keep forming around people, they were systematically made to try and keep the others separated.

"Dammit, the sandman is using the sand traps to separate us? Aimi is--" said Jonathan as he looks and finds Aimi close by "Hang on, Aimi, I got your back!"

Jonathan would then use his magic powers to create ice with every step he took as he runs over and slides to catch Aimi, making their light getaway by sliding a bit away from the area.

"You alright, sorry for the bit of an ice slide, but I just gotta get you out of there." said Jonathan as he looks back to see that his ice is quickly fading away from the sand pits forming up "Oh hell no...he really wants to get us if even my magic can't keep him away with my ice... We gotta keep moving...I hope Thor and Enjou made it out okay...though I'm more worried about the others..."

Jonathan will be able to keep both himself and Aimi away from the sand pits before they even start forming as Jonathan could basically ice skate to move very fast and can carry Aimi to safety that way too.

"If you want, Aimi, I can carry you while skating to safety. Hey Red Rood, think you can stop the sandman by shotting at the sand pits, or have some sort of weapon you can use on them? If the sandman is hiding in one of them, and if we can force him out of hiding, then." said Jonathan
((Hey, just letting y'all know that I'm taking a small break til January 1st.))

"I'll use the scanner in my helmet to keep an eye our. I was planning on taking to the rooftops. What are we gonna do with the pup?"

Thor started pulling and trying to drag Jonathan away thinking he was sinking into another sand pit. He was whining as he pulled on Jonathan.

"Whatever works with you, Red Hood, do what you can. Thor can stick with us." said Jonathan "The fact that he's up there on the rooftops does give me a good idea, it'll take longer for the sandman to get us in sand traps if we're on top of buildings...so..."

Then Jonathan got distracted as Thor pulled him to the side, which also prompted him to pull on Aimi to come along with them together in a group.

"Ah, Thor, thanks. I got an idea; I can use my ice powers to lift ourselves up to the rooftops where it'll be safer than being on the ground. Hang on!" said Jonathan

Jonathan would then use his ice powers to make a growing ice platform that would take them up to the nearest rooftop before being taken out by a sand pit trap.

"Phew...that was close... Of course, I doubt we would be safe even on the rooftops for too long, but I can make ice bridges that'll allow us to go through rooftop to rooftop until we can reach the underground shelter." said Jonathan

If Red Hood is observant enough, there's a particular sand tip behind the group that's oddly persist in staying active than the others which only lasts for several seconds before disappearing. Jonathan won't be able to notice due to panicking and keeping both Thor and Aimi safe.
Aimi was caught by surprise as Jonathan swiftly swooped in to catch her, taking her farther away from the other pits, which she didn't even notice. "Thank you," She uttered. She also scratched Thor's ear for being so attentive earlier. "Good boy," Aimi smiled.

Many things were happening all at once, and Aimi just tried her best to keep up while still holding the crowbar in her hand.

"Is there any way to stop this thing? It's not like you have fire abilities, do you, Jon? Since you know--sand, fire, freeze, glass?" She asked while looking at the remnants of sand all over the place.

Thor sat at Aimi's side before trotting off to try and pull Jalie over to the group. Suddenly, Thor would perk up alert and he growled before he began aggressively barking. As he barked, his small tusk-like teeth clicked together. Thor had positioned himself between the group and what was a female figure in the distance before he was off like a shot and was on the figure faster than she could get away.

Azfew minutes later, he trotted over to the group carrying a severely bloodied shoe. His tail was wagging because he was happy. Thor didn't get away unscathed because he had a small cut on the side of his nose.

He would drop to a knee and he would start cleaning and caring for Thor before he picked up the shoe and noticed it was rather large. He would narrow his eyes and look in its direction and he went back over to Aimi and took his crowbar back after giving her a pocket pistol. It was rather small, but it had significant weight to it.

"This is a Beretta 9000S. If you ever need to use it, make sure you put two in the chest and one in the head." He would give her three extra magazines.
Aimi looked at Thor and the shoe he brought. "OMG! Is that blood?" She thought as she was frantically lost with what was happening. Whose shoe is that? Whose blood is that? Who was that mysterious figure? Is Thor gonna be alright? And how many weapons does Red Hood have!?

There were many questions, but Aimi had no time to freak out, so she quickly calmed down and nodded to Red Hood's instructions. With the pistol in hand and along with Thor, Aimi stayed alert and did her best to use the pistol when necessary. However, she was kinda confused with the magazines though. What was it for? Wait--No. ARE THERE GONNA BE ZOMBIES!? What the heck is going on!? If there was, this is chaotic as h e l l.

Aimi stared into the sandy fog, holding the pistol tightly, anticipating whatever came out.

((I think Aimi is gonna break soon, maybe. Haha. LOL))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Our pain filled dream 🩷

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus