Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I Have Lurked, and Now I Shall Introduce Myself :D

Hello, hello.

I have been roleplaying for a while. It's a little hard to pin down when exactly I started, but I would estimate around eight years in some capacity or another. I personally like being able to read back over a roleplay as though it were a novel so full sentences, rich descriptions, and at least surface level worldbuilding are all things I love to see.

Science Fiction is near and dear to my heart. If a book involves spaceships and intergalactic conflict, I will almost certainly pick it up to read the first chapter. If your roleplay idea is set in space or some dystopian city where morally and ethically dubious policies run rampant, I am probably going to be interested.

I am not down for smut. I don't like reading it or writing it. I quite like dark themes and putting characters in horrible situations, but I find that implication and after-the-fact treatment of injuries provides plenty of information for plot purposes. I'm not opposed to romance, but I don't generally play characters who are looking for it, so romantic relationships between characters will need to develop naturally.

In the same vein, character integrity is a big deal for me. I play my characters true to their personalities, backstories, and alignments, and I prefer it when my roleplay partners respect this and do the same. What even is the point of having a fleshed out character with a thought out backstory if it's all going to be thrown out for plot convenience?

Other than that, I really appreciate communication. I'm pretty relaxed if people can't respond super regularly - I get it, real life is busy sometimes - but I do like a heads up when a roleplay has to go on hiatus. Also, don't be afraid to tell me if you just lose interest and want to drop a roleplay. As far as I'm concerned, roleplaying is supposed to be fun.

If I sound like a fun person to roleplay with, feel free to send me a message. Sci-fi might be my favorite type of setting, but honestly, if you have a cool idea, I can easily play just about anywhere.

Cheers!
Hello, welcome to RPR
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :D
Welcome!
Hello and welcome to the community of RPR! I hope you find what you are looking for and everyone here is always open to help you if your in need of help!
Welcome
OuhBjG0.gif

Hello, and a fine welcome to you here at the lovely RPR site. It sounds like you have everything pretty much fleshed out as to what you're looking for. Your preferences are very akin to my own -- I have really found myself falling more and more into a novella style so that I can go back and read the role-play as though it were like a book. I have also found that I run out of steam sometimes when I push myself too hard to be that way, but it seems to be my favorite go-to so it's a curse and a blessing.

Science fiction used to be my absolute favorite -- I was a junkie for it back when to the point I'd write almost anything that came to mind as a possible scenario for a book. I'm a bit of a dreamer so I get caught up in ideas, but my commitment to them needs a little work, hah hah!

Your sentiment on smut is my precisely! I can definitely relate. If it happens, it happens. I hope you can find folks out there who appreciate a rich, but decadent plot that suits your fancies, for sure. That being said, integrity is by far, the most important aspect to me in all aspects of life. Without it, you have a lack of it and that is not the kind of lacking trait I want to associate with. Character integrity is extremely important to me because I play a lot of licensed characters so staying true to them is a priority for me of the utmost!

I want to give you the warmest welcome though and let you know that RPR is a very laid back sort of place. You may have some good luck playing around in the Forum Games if you don't mind a bit of a public setting. If you have any questions or what have you, feel free to ask away! I'll be more than happy to try and help as would the rest of the welcoming bandwagon!

I hope you have fun, enjoy yourself, and get the opportunity to write to your heart's content!
Well, lurking or no, welcome aboard!
Hello, welcome to RPR! I hope you enjoy your stay. ^^
Hello Liau! Welcome back? to RP Repository! :)
𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑅𝑃𝑅!
fvQWDDk.png
Welcome to RPR! <3 I hope you enjoy your time here and never be scared to ask questions.
Hi, welcome to the site! :) I hope you enjoy your time here.
Welcome to RPR! No need to lurk anymore!
Welcome to RPR !
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
Welcome! Glad to have you here!
Amazing time span:) Welcome.
Liau Topic Starter

Dawnia wrote:
Hello Liau! Welcome back? to RP Repository! :)

Not exactly back. I have just taken several months to introduce myself. Thank you for your warm welcome!
Liau Topic Starter

Atheist wrote:
OuhBjG0.gif

Hello, and a fine welcome to you here at the lovely RPR site. It sounds like you have everything pretty much fleshed out as to what you're looking for. Your preferences are very akin to my own -- I have really found myself falling more and more into a novella style so that I can go back and read the role-play as though it were like a book. I have also found that I run out of steam sometimes when I push myself too hard to be that way, but it seems to be my favorite go-to so it's a curse and a blessing.

Science fiction used to be my absolute favorite -- I was a junkie for it back when to the point I'd write almost anything that came to mind as a possible scenario for a book. I'm a bit of a dreamer so I get caught up in ideas, but my commitment to them needs a little work, hah hah!

Your sentiment on smut is my precisely! I can definitely relate. If it happens, it happens. I hope you can find folks out there who appreciate a rich, but decadent plot that suits your fancies, for sure. That being said, integrity is by far, the most important aspect to me in all aspects of life. Without it, you have a lack of it and that is not the kind of lacking trait I want to associate with. Character integrity is extremely important to me because I play a lot of licensed characters so staying true to them is a priority for me of the utmost!

I want to give you the warmest welcome though and let you know that RPR is a very laid back sort of place. You may have some good luck playing around in the Forum Games if you don't mind a bit of a public setting. If you have any questions or what have you, feel free to ask away! I'll be more than happy to try and help as would the rest of the welcoming bandwagon!

I hope you have fun, enjoy yourself, and get the opportunity to write to your heart's content!

Thank you very much for such a warm welcome! I enjoyed reading this reply very much and hope to have the pleasure of role-playing with you in the future perhaps.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I Have Lurked, and Now I Shall Introduce Myself :D

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus