Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings, salutations, and felicitations

ExquisiteCorpse

Hi, how's it going, fellas? My name is ExquisiteCorpse, but feel free to call me EC, if you'd prefer. I've actually been active on this site before (maybe 4-5 years ago?), but gravitated to Twitter some time before Apartheid Clyde took over. I wasn't on here very long (honestly, I kinda-sorta forgot this place even existed), so long-term members aren't likely to recognize me, but I decided to return to RPR in hopes of rekindling my previous passion for roleplaying. Unfortunately, the pandemic took a pretty drastic, borderline-fatal toll on my already diminishing psyche, and I lost whatever sliver of motivation I had to continue writing with other people. As a result, my skills are undoubtedly a bit rusty, but I'm hoping that won't be too much of an issue.

All that aside, I've already put the bulk of my interests in my profile, so I won't elaborate on them much in my introduction. I have a particular preference for horror, and take immense pleasure in exploring the potential psychological and philosophical aspects of the genre. Additionally, I have no qualms about writing smut or gore, even in graphic, if not grotesque detail, though I am well-aware not everyone wants to incorporate those elements into their plotlines. I, of course, have no desire to make anyone uncomfortable, and will make an effort to discuss comfort levels beforehand. I will almost always want to include darker themes regardless, though, which is something to take into consideration.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to roleplaying again!
Mina Moderator

Hey EC! Welcome back to RPR. Plenty of people dig horror, I highly suggest making a post to Looking for RP or the Adults only LFRP. Don't worry, it's not a lawless wasteland or anything- and is not exclusive to those hunting spicier themes, but is the choice of people who prefer to only play with adult partners. If you put up a little post with some prompts or a short blurb about some plot tidbits you'd be interested in, you're sure to find some takers.

Always nice to see someone who is interested in Giallo, Opera is one of my all-time favorites. Can't think of anything more uncomfy myself. Well, I could, but..I try not to. (:

Best of luck with the revitalization of your writing hobby!
Hello, welcome back to RPR
ezgif-com-gif-maker-2.gif

Welcome to RPR! I hope you enjoy your stay~ ^^
Hello! Welcome back to RP Repository! :)
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :D
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
ExquisiteCorpse wrote:
Hi, how's it going, fellas? My name is ExquisiteCorpse, but feel free to call me EC, if you'd prefer. I've actually been active on this site before (maybe 4-5 years ago?), but gravitated to Twitter some time before Apartheid Clyde took over. I wasn't on here very long (honestly, I kinda-sorta forgot this place even existed), so long-term members aren't likely to recognize me, but I decided to return to RPR in hopes of rekindling my previous passion for roleplaying. Unfortunately, the pandemic took a pretty drastic, borderline-fatal toll on my already diminishing psyche, and I lost whatever sliver of motivation I had to continue writing with other people. As a result, my skills are undoubtedly a bit rusty, but I'm hoping that won't be too much of an issue.

All that aside, I've already put the bulk of my interests in my profile, so I won't elaborate on them much in my introduction. I have a particular preference for horror, and take immense pleasure in exploring the potential psychological and philosophical aspects of the genre. Additionally, I have no qualms about writing smut or gore, even in graphic, if not grotesque detail, though I am well-aware not everyone wants to incorporate those elements into their plotlines. I, of course, have no desire to make anyone uncomfortable, and will make an effort to discuss comfort levels beforehand. I will almost always want to include darker themes regardless, though, which is something to take into consideration.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to roleplaying again!

Welcome back to RPR!! I hope you find some great rp partners! <3
NwJXT0D.gif

Hello, hello! Welcome back to ol' RP Repository! I hope the site serves you well. I know I've been in and out of RPR for several years now and this has been the longest running time I've stuck around and believe you me, I love it. I'm still in and out of hiatus because being an adult is what it is, but I never get tired of seeing other people writing their characters and enjoying all the forums have to offer.

I'd always wanted to try Twitter RP at some point but I never understood how to do it or Tumblr RP for that matter, so I just sort of veered away and enjoyed what I found from afar. And I think your genre preference is a hot ticketed item around here. I know I've seen a lot of horror fans so knowin' where to look is probably your best bet.

One of my favorite places to play is Forum Games -- it's not adult-themed every go around, but it certainly scratches the itch when you're need your characters out there. It also helped find some fellow writers to mesh with, so maybe it would do the same for you. Feel free to also set up and advert if you're really hankerin' for some RP!

Anyhoo, if you have any questions, reach out to any one of us and we'll be happy to help! Take care and I hope you enjoy your second go of it. :)
1415-sailormarswave.gif
Welcome, Welcome! Hope you find lots of people to Rp/chat with!
FelineGod1

Welcome back, EC!
Hello and welcome (back) to the site :)
Welcome back to RPR, corpse!
Welcome back to the RP Repository, EC! It's nice to meet you!
Welcome back to RPR, it is nice to see more fans of the dark and horrid, hopefully you find what you are looking for.
Welcome back to RPR

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings, salutations, and felicitations

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus