Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Azumi Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

It was just another performance by the Suburbanites. Azumi had just tucked her summoner, Ren to bed. It was rather embarrassing given her summoner's age, but that did not matter to her. She loved the boy as if he were her own. Oddly enough, he hid something under his blanket. It was a letter.

It read:

"Go outside Ren's room
Go Inside Ren's room
Hug Ren goodnight"

It was a strange one indeed. Was there someone stalking Ren? Why did her summoner not tell her about this? Yet, she was entranced. Being a five hundred year old fox spirit told her that it was a psychic attack on her. She was being manipulated to do someone's bidding. However, it seemed so tempting to do, so she did anyway. She followed the three simple instructions and, just as she let go after hugging Ren, the two had been transported to a strange place.

"A-azumi...", Ren said, "Not again..."

"Sorry!", She said, "We can get back anytime if you desire. Oh wait, are those people at a party? This place must be nice then!"

Yes there were, they set their eyes on Aggles, who visited a bar they knew once or twice.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie stopped mid snorfle of a plate of sausages to see a ferret go running at him. Oh! Marvelous fun! He jumps forward in a play bow, wagging his tail and borking in welcome to his new playmate.
Umbra Oleander (played anonymously)

Umbra chuckled with him, covering her lips as she does "oh no- it's not really my passion itself a secret, more like the ends I'm willing to go to study it- you know, buying entire libraries and silly things like that!" she lets out a soft giggle "anyway- entomology is quite the interesting field! unfortunately an uncommon one, I think it's very much underestimated..." she remarks with a soft sigh "what did get you into studying insects? how did you start?"
Pyro (played by randomentity777)

Pyro just stands in a corner, staring blankly at everything. One can only imagine what's going on behind that mask…
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

The ferret wiggled in excitement, jumping around and rolling onto it's back, flailing it's paws at the dog while continuing to wiggle it's whole body.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess looks to Cris, tilting her head. "Yes, but that's the question, isn't it. What would create more 'unforgettable and cherished memories' for my dear guests? The rose begins to wilt, but I'm not yet done with the festive spirit."

Pyro wrote:
Pyro just stands in a corner, staring blankly at everything. One can only imagine what's going on behind that mask…

"Pyro!", Azumi squealed in glee, " What beings you here, dear?"

((suddenly all these not anon people? wha))
Aggles (played by Jooters)

((lmao))

The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess looks to Cris, tilting her head. "Yes, but that's the question, isn't it. What would create more 'unforgettable and cherished memories' for my dear guests? The rose begins to wilt, but I'm not yet done with the festive spirit."

Azumi approached the Duchess. She looked rather knowledgeable of this place.

"Excuse me?", Azumi said, "I am Azumi, a four tailed kitsune. May I ask where my summoner, Ren, and I have arrived at?"
"Well..." Cris tapped the tip of her mask pensively. "I guess, the shared experiences of sharing and partaking in happiness, the pleasant company, the fantastic surprises... oh! Maybe a little craft exchange where guests improvise presents for each other? Like a Secret Santa, but... improptu?"

"A masquerade party, duh."
Company (played by Reithesniper)

Company smiles "Secret santa?-" she said "Ill go get the scrap from my ship, we can use that if were all gonna do that-"
"Ah, I see! It must be marvellous having a library all your own," Caelus said, dreamily. "Quite so! Well, when I was a child, there were these little insects that lived near my village, and they were the most marvellous creatures I'd ever seen. At night, when the hills were dark and quiet, they'd bring their little melodies and light." He waved his fingers in the air. Around them, a swarm of silver lights appeared, like tiny stars, and emitting a rather ethereal sort of melody; closer inspection would reveal they were in fact little insects (and closer inspection still would reveal them to be the product of magic - merely an illusion, but a well-constructed, and perhaps well-practised, one). "They capture the moonlight and carry it with them. I wanted to learn how, and so I studied them. Nobody ever had before, you see, because they only occur in a very specific geographic region, and we don't have many scholars. From them, my passion grew." He waved his hand again, and the starry illusory insects dissipated into nothingness.
"Why not?" Cris's eyes beamed behind the mask. "Then everyone could go home with a gift that is both a present *and* a memento, a keepsake. WHat do you think, my friend?" she asked the Duchess.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"You want to do crafts?" asks the Duchess mildly. "That's such a coincidence." The servants pull aside the side wall of one of the tents, and inside is a table laden with cardstock, colorful pipe cleaners, glitter, glue, all the sorts of things one might want to create a crafty something. "I wasn't certain that this would come in handy... But be quick, the dream is fading," she says, her eyes flicking to the white rose where it floats near the dance floor. Indeed, it had begun to drop its petals, its once proud bloom dropping toward the ground.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Getting a bit overexcited, the dog leaps forward and attempts to close his mouth - gently - around the ferret's middle, attempting to pick it up.
Tairloth gave the table a bemused glance; "Don't necessarily have the steadiest hand, but if this is what we're doing I'll see what I can whip up"

The ferret wiggled between the teeth of the dog before licking it's snout and play biting.

"Woaahh!!" His eyes lit up once again as he rushes over and looks at all the colorful things he'd never seen before!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus