Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1X1 between MugoUrth and MaxtheWicked

Turbine (played by MugoUrth) Topic Starter

The spider bots weren't that strong, but they did buy Umber some time. When Kyle was done with the robots, Umber was gone.

Cleaver's attack may have cut Max, but not as badly as the Gunlance damaged Cleaver. While he failed to actually hit Cleaver, he hit the machine and it caused his machine to seriously malfunction. Max would probably have to get out of the way before Cleaver's mech exploded.

Meanwhile, Serpent was still fighting Turbine, and it looked like Serpent was winning. Turbine only had one ace up his sleeve: Make him see the light.

"I can't believe you even came back," Serpent said. "And your friends, you thought bringing friends along would help?"

"Hello! Look around you dumb***!" Turbine shouted. "You're losing, idiot! It looks like everyone else has been taken care of already!"

"What? NO!" Serpent shouted, looking around to see all his friends have been defeated. "Who do you have with you you worthless vermin!?"

"Just a balanced group of heroes," Turbine said. "Ones that will tolerate your nuisance no longer."

"You... ARGH!" That's when Serpent committed a suicide charge at Turbine. He wanted to finish him off quick.
Kyle took them down but looked around and saw Umber had fled "Tch...Coward couldn't finish what he started..." he began to take this as a chance to quickly unlock the cages to free the prisoners as quickly as he could.

Max's arm that was holding the Wicked Gunlance was cut slightly from the sword and was hurt with a minor cut wound. But upon seeing he had critically damaged the mech, he pulled back quickly and leaped away from the explosion. Clutching his bleeding wound, he stood up slightly on his knees "Aragh....Damn it." upon watching Turbine's battle and noticing that Serpent was going to take Turbine down with a suicidal charge, he aimed at the mech's legs with the Wicked Gunlance and tried to fire but due to his wound, his aim wasn't as good and his aim was wobbly

To make matters worse... Max just hit Turbine! Right in the jetpack, Turbine felt a loud clang and then started to fly way out of control. Suddenly he started spiraling into the group below who were still trying to free the prisoners before shooting upward. ...right into the roof's ceiling. Upon impact, his jetpacks stop and he fell to the ground. As he crashed, his suit broke into pieces. There lie Turbine: still alive, but it didn't look like he was in good condition.

"OUCH! My suit must have malfunctioned," he whined.
"Woah, are you alright?" Rachael asked.
"I think... I think I broke my tail," Turbine stated.
"No, don't die on us!" Henry shouted. "We need to get you to safety, quick!"
"Henry, our parents are still locked up," Rachael said.
"And while we're on the subject," Turbine whined, pointing at the air.

Serpent was still functional, and he was kind of happy that Turbine had just gotten hurt. He wanted to rub it in Max's face.

"Nice shot, dunder-chief," Serpent said. "Have you been practicing that shot? Come on, why don't you do it again, and put that little creature out of his misery. After all, it's your fault he's hurt. You did this to him. Doesn't that depress you?" What a worthless creature, adding insult to injury.
Max saw to his horror he shot his friend! "Damn it...!" he said but upon seeing the broken tail, he felt bad but knew currently this wasn't the correct time. Once he heard the insult to injury that Serpent was making, he clutched the Wicked Sword and with his good arm, he flung the sword straight towards Serpent and to act fast, he switched his hand with the Wicked Gunlance and fired non damaging bullets at the hilt of the Wicked Sword as best he could to speed the launch of the sword as it flew towards Serpent. Surely to hit the mech or better, the pathetic creature himself.

Kyle meanwhile saw this as a chance to possibly reduce Serpent's chances and casted up a fireball at the taunting creature and threw a relatively large fireball straight towards Serpent and would take the chance to quickly break the lock.

"Uhh..." Yeah dum-dum! Should have seen this coming. Everything collided into Serpent's Mech and caused it to explode furiously. Serpent flew upwards before falling down, screaming the whole time. To make matters worse, a big pit took up most of the room, and Serpent continued to fall faster and faster down. That's when five of his henchmen got worried.

"Ack! Serpent!" Killer cried.
"NO! Don't die on me now!" Rock yelled.
"What will we do without a master?" Atom asked.
"LORD SERPENT!!!" Yell screamed.
"Guys, we better go down there," Cleaver suggested.

The five Manticorats jumped down into the pit in a desperate, thick headed attempt to save their master. ...But most likely they would probably all kill themselves in the process. ...Or just disappear. ...But where was Umber? He was MIA at the moment.

OOC: I probably won't use the other Manticorat villains, but I still have plans for Umber to work for that bat dude.
The Wicked Sword blew up with the mech, but although it was a legendary weapon, breaking it would take more then just merely a explosion and luckily stabbed into the ground next to the edge of the pit. Putting away the holster, he clutched his bleeding arm and took out the Wicked Sword and put it back into its sheath "That'll teach that punk..." he rushed over to Turbine's aid once he saw the coast was clear "Are you alright...? I'm seriously sorry I hit you...Damn manticorat cut my aiming arm and well...I was not hoping that would happen and your mech...I'm deeply sorry..." he examined his broken tail and acted as quick as he could and to numb the pain with any medical supplies he had "We'll need to crack it back in place...But for right now, we need to free the people and get out of here...Kyle, you done over there?"

Kyle turned over as he held his paw over the lock while casting a fireball and melted away at the lock and eventually, the lock gave in and the cage opened and the people were free to go "All done over here...But..." he looked around him "Something isn't right....Five jumped in that hole...That jerk who I fought...I think he left them behind...I can't shake the feeling he's doing something suspicious..." he said as he walked back to Max and hopped on to his shoulder.

OOC: Sounds fine by me.

OOC: Now that I think about it, that was kind of a depressing way to kill the Manticorats off, wasn't it.

"It's okay," Turbine cringed. "I know what you meant to do. I'm just... I'm just glad those guys are gone now. I know there will be other Manticorats to take their place, but for now we can rest for a bit... I might need it."

Rachael and Henry helped Kyle free the others from their prison, including their adopted parents. Of course, this resulted in a family hug.

"Rachael. Henry," the mother said. "Thank goodness you are here."
"Mom, did you put on weight?" Henry asked. "I thought you were trying to lose it after you retired from wrestling."
"Dad, did you see us?" Rachael asked.
"Yes, I did," the father said. "May I ask who they are."
"The smallest one is Kyle," Rachael said. "Next over is Turbine. And the largest one is Max."
"We met them all at the tavern in the next city over," Henry stated.
"They helped us fight a bunch of thugs, so we are helping them in return," Rachael stated.
"Hey guys, come on over here," Henry suggested.
Max nods and sighed a bit "I'm glad that you can forgive me. I never really make a mistake in hitting my own friends. Can you walk?" he said as he lifted him gently on to his feet. Being very careful not to hurt his tail anywhere else it needed to be hurt.

Kyle looked over at Rachel and Henry's reunion with the parents and smiled slightly and upon hearing Henry call him and the other two over, he waited for Max to help get Turbine there.

OOC: Maybe, yes. But they must have done some real bad things.

"I... ACK! Nope, can't walk," Turbine said.
"Hang on, I'll help you," Henry said as he waddled over to Turbine and picked him up. The others followed him to their parents.
"Hi... Hello," Turbine said. "No... Don't be afraid. I'm a Manticorat, but I'm not like those Manticorats. I... I'm actually a good Manticorat. I... always wanted to fight... against them. But I never... had the courage till... just now. I couldn't... have helped without... Max and the others."
Max stood back a bit and let Henry pick up Turbine and walked over to the parents and nodded at Turbine's speech before noticing he should ask "Are any of you hurt anywhere? Or maybe rather just in need of anything?" he asked as he looked at them to see their state.

"No... none of us our hurt," the mother said.
"Still, maybe we should get out of here soon," the father suggested.
"Yes... need... help..." Turbine muttered.

Meanwhile, Umber watched the whole thing. He couldn't help but shake his head at the others as they killed themselves trying to save their master. Then, he pulled out a strange device from his robe and started to talk into it. "Yes, this is Umber," he said. "Now, I think we have a problem we need to discuss. It turns out Kyle has found a bunch of friends to help him, and I quote, "Snuff you," and it looks like my friends were all a bunch of disobedient idiots. I, however, am much more intelligent than they are? ...Uh huh? ...Yes... Already set up."

Umber then scurried up to a hole along the path that the goodguys had to take to get here, then pulled out a red button. After pressing it, he escaped through the hole up top, and big rocks started to spill out from the end of the tunnel opposite to the location that Kyle and the others were in. umber wanted to crush them with boulders.
Max nods "Alright, good. In that case, we better get out of here...And fix up Turbine's tail...Which I still regret harming..." he said. Max got ready to walk with the rest

Kyle turned around on Max's shoulder and couldn't help but sense they were being watched and hmms "...Something's not right...But I can't put my paw on it. Let's just get out of here for now as Max said." he thought to himself as they began to get out the caves.

"Uh oh," Rachael said as she heard a rumbling in the distance. "I think... there are ROCKS COMING!"

Sure enough, lots and lots of boulders were pouring down the tunnel, ready to crush the team. These were fairly large boulders, about .75 times the size of the tunnel itself.

"Someone hold onto Turbine," Henry said. "I'll try to hold off what boulders I can, just stay behind me."
"Henry, don't be silly, you can't take every single boulder, you're not strong enough," Rachael stated. "Plus, once enough force comes at you, you're going to fall over and crush everyone. It's a bad idea."
"I'll admit... I don't like your odds Henry," Turbine said. Henry was big and strong, but he wasn't THAT big OR strong.
"Fine, any of you think you have a better idea, let me know," Henry said.
Max looked around him and tried to think "We could probably run for the hole and see if we can get out...Or maybe..." he continued to look around him and looked up and wondered if there was a hole that they could reach from above

Meanwhile, Kyle was annoyed at this and even he tried to think of ways out of this mess or rather...Aggressive ways

"Wait a minute, up there!" Rachael said. "There's a balcony up there that we can reach from the other side of the room. I see a hole up there too with ladders leading up to the balcony and then through the hole."
"Okay sis, but... I'm kind of slow and I'm carrying Turbine," Henry responded. "How am I supposed to get to the balcony in time?"
"Observe," Rachael said before trying to take Turbine. He wasn't too heavy, but Rachael was rather frail, making carrying him hard. She then walked over to Kyle to think of a plan. "Psst, Kyle? Could you cause an explosion behind Henry that can knock him over?"
"What? Stop treating me like a comic relief character!" Henry shouted. "I'm not comic relief."
"Sorry Henry, but it might be your only option," Rachael decided.
"But if he can do that, maybe he can blow up these boulders," Henry stated.
Kyle listened and shook his head "Can't. I can cast fire, but I can't cast explosions and if I were to fire it behind him, the embers may just burn him instead. These rocks wouldn't even melt either. They'd just become hot and maybe if we made contact, we'd just burn ourselves."

Max thought for a moment "I'm no powerhouse, but couldn't I try and maybe carry you Henry? Even if I couldn't, I do have ability where I could throw you just up there with a quick lift." he said as he suggested his slightly possible idea.

"Lift HENRY!?" Rachael shouted. "His suit alone weighs about a ton! How do you expect to lift him?"
Max shouted in return "There's no time to think about that now! We're running out of time and we need to get out of here!" he focused and with a glow, his spiritual wings appeared. Grabbing Henry, he got ready "Hang on tight." Max began to focus his aura into his strength and braced himself and slowly lifted Henry the best he could "Graaagh..." he jumped and flung Henry quickly. Panting, he collasped to his knees "...I think I outdid myself...C-Could someone help me out...?"

Henry flew only far enough to the edge, but that was as far as Max needed to throw him as Henry was more or less able to lift himself up. But then he looked and saw Max in a weakened state. "Woah... do you need help?" he asked.
Max looked up at Henry "I-If you can...But be quick about it...I'd suggest you take that suit of yours off for the moment and quickly get me. If you bring your suit back down here, there's no chance of me getting it back up..." he said as he put his weight on the walls and tried to get to them.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1X1 between MugoUrth and MaxtheWicked

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus