Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

Kim Site Admin

This thread has been closed to give us time to create all the CG models that will be needed for this undertaking!

Do you want your character to be a part of the next RPR animated short?
An extremely special movie is being produced to celebrate the RPR's second anniversary this April, and we really want you guys to be a part of it. The Hero and the Princess are going on their greatest adventure ever, but the challenges before them are so big, they will need the help of your characters to defend the RPR.

What are the restrictions?
Characters can be from any setting, fantasy, scifi, modern, historic. In the realm of the RP Repository, all are welcome!

However, due to the software that darth_angelus produces his movies in, there are some limitations to the sorts of characters that can be recreated. If you are unsure, please don’t hesitate to contact him.

You can submit as many characters as you like, but we’ll only be choosing one per person to keep things fair.

How do I enter?
Post a description of your character(s) here, a link to your RPR profile, and any art that might help in the process of trying to build a model for your character.

How will the characters be chosen?
Basically, the characters that get used will be chosen based on feasibility. The better they come out looking in Moviestorm, the more likely they’ll be to get more screentime.

How many characters will be chosen?
As many as possible! There are a few roles that will get more screen time, but the script is being written to try and get everyone somewhere in there. Due to space and time constraints, that may be a background role, but we want your characters to be part of the visual world of the RPR adventures.

How long do I have?
The deadline to enter will be January 30th. That’s three full weeks to get your entry done!.

What should I expect my character to look like?

Click here for a few examples

This is Lord Darth Angelus, everyone’s favorite Sith Lord:
darthangelus.png

Here is Safiye:
Safiye.png
SafiyeDagger.png

To give you some sense of how things translate, this is the piece of character art that that model was based on:

charartbasedon.png

We even have some ability to do furres of various anthropomorphism. Here's a few examples:
furres.png

Darth will do his darnedest to find a way to make one of your characters work, if it’s possible.
group.png

By entering, you are agreeing to allow us to use a representation of your character in an RPR promotional animated short. These videos are not limited to being viewed on the RPR. For example, they are sometimes screened at film festivals and conventions!

Questions? Ask here!

Everyone remember to thank darth_angelus for giving our community this shockingly generous anniversary gift!
AELIN. AELIN PEEZ. DO WANT.

http://www.rprepository.com/c/aelin Is the RPR page. You'll find plenty of artwork there. I AM WILLING TO PERFORM A FAVOR IN EXCHANGE FOR THIS.

Aelin is tall and quite muscular, with mid-length blonde hair and blue-green eyes. He can use just about any weapon you hand him, and he's one cocky mutha. Kind of a womanizer, admittedly.

ALSO, PIKTARZ.
fcc85b6d.png
876ae723.png
963a883a.png
It should feature pancakes.
This...would be...SO COOL.
I will post multiple chars because I don't know which one would work best D: And there are pics in each webby.

Anokhi: Here
Zalia: Here
Capell: Here
Karra: Here
And if you want to be really daring... Iris Blanche.

These are my general favorites. Ironically, Celestina is not one of my favorites, but she has potential. If you want to involve rain. xD
Ilmarinen Moderator

Ho crap, this is awesome. :D Darth, you are a generous and wonderful dude!

I put forward my main character Heimdall, if you're after a challenge. I fully understand if this can't be done, of course. X) Heimdall is a big black Viking dragon. :) http://www.rprepository.com/c/heimdall http://i39.tinypic.com/120o1n7.png (The human character in this image is 6'8".) Heimdall is usually tired and/or grouchy.

Now, if Heimdall ain't feasible, try your hand at Skallagrim? He's a half troll, half human fellow; think mid-sized, brawny grey dude with a huge nose and tusks. http://www.rprepository.com/c/manbeartroll (His pics are on the front page there.) Skallagrim is generally a good guy, laughs and brawls a lot, and has a rather violent sense of humor.
Glacontour

This is so exciting! >u< I love watching the animated shorts for rpr, seriously!

I offer up my friendly demon-in-disguise: Liethell!
lietbig.png

I seriously can't wait to see this!!
No, but seriously: pancakes.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

We'll see, Bones. ;)
Denied, Bones. Denied.

But in all seriousness, Aelin. Aelin.
Kim wrote:
We're on it, Bones. ;)

Good to hear :D!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

An excellent selection of characters already :D
What an excellent idea!
Hmmm...seems fun... We'll start with my main guy.

Kyle himself.

Standing at 5'7" and about 137lbs, this man has learned the ways of combat through various time periods and dimensions leading to him becoming a well rounded warrior who's weapon of choice are his three swords that he carries at his sides. He also carries chains, a whip and a bow on his person as additional means of combat.

Rocky

A bounty hunter who displays nomadic like tendencies, he only carries a simple Katana and a Single Action Army revolver for his hunts and can hold his only fairly well in combat. He has a high level of confidences borderlining on arrogance.

As for pictures...about the best I can offer ya is what's in their galleries.
Whoa! This idea is terrifically awesome. :D And very ambitious! I hope you know what you're doing, Darth. ... Who am I kidding? Of course he knows.

I'd like to put forward one out of these three characters, provided one of them would fit:

Astarill should be fairly easy to animate. He has no fashion sense whatsoever and a white shirt and some pants and boots already sums him up quite well. Also, his range of facial expressions is only marginally greater than Steven Seagal's, so a long face with a perpetual scowl will do, really. There's a full body reference of him on his inventory page. He doesn't like change and he certainly doesn't like to be disturbed, so if a threat to the RPR arises, he'd be willing to defend it, because the hassle of finding and settling in a new place is so much greater than lethal combat. Srsly.

If you are in need of some impish trouble maker who may accidentally have helped the antagonist(s) because they waved a bag of gold in front of his face, maybe Guaile would be nice instead. I don't have a full body reference of him, but animating a lanky elf with copper hair and orange eyes dressed in dark blue tights, blue shoes and some blue tunic would do the trick.

If some more variety in RPR demographic is desired, perhaps Nissa would be a fun choice. She's your basic ten-year-old runt with ashen skin, red eyes and charcoal hair in a ponytail or braid. She can wear any colour tights, an over-sized tunic given shape by a belt around her waist, and thoroughly worn shoes. She's a brave and fierce little thing that would kick the shins of whoever dared to threaten the RPR.
Sanne Moderator

Wow! This will be SO AWESOME :D :D :D

I have three characters that could work for this. Feel free to pick the one that's the easiest or most interesting for the video:

1. Minda
She's a vampire lady with the oldest profession in the world. She wears pretty dresses and has long hair.

gl-2141-1289663167.png
gl-2141-1289663127.jpg
(yay old art <.< )

2. Yeun
A spirit guide, curvy woman who often just dreams away and isn't truly in touch with reality.

gl-2450-1314473543.png
gl-2450-1315832334.png

3. Zaiha
Born from a giant and a nord's forbidden love, Zaiha is a huge, strong and often quite drunk arena fighter. There is little femininity to be found on her!

gl-4890-1307732533.jpg
gl-4890-1307732522.jpg
Never leave home for adventure without your friendly neighbourhood librarian/chaos sorcerer. YOU KNOW YOU NEED MAGIC DPS HERE. ;o
Pictures and short description on the front page! (and his face is my forum avatar)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

So far I can say that everyone who has submitted characters has sent at least one that is possible to do! :D

Keep them coming people!
Claine Moderator

Alright, I'll bite. I think of all my characters, the most likely one to fit would be West whose only claim to fame is being a right arsehole.

Images!

TQTqR.jpg
ZNXJh.jpg
Well :D hehe this sounds like a lovely idea, that has opened quite a can of worms :D you'll have lots of possibilities now.

Hmmmm well unfortunately most of my characters wouldn't really fit with the setting. The only ones who I see even being remotely possible to this setting would be either. dree who is pretty well timeless, or Cerri the half fae. :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Nikina, it doesn't matter what setting characters are from with this video. I've tested out a mix of scifi, fantasy and modern all together and it looks great :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus