Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » [CLOSED] GIVEAWAY: Oil of Epicness!

Sanne Moderator

ALRIGHT! I have these lovely items in my inventory that I'm not doing anything with! So I decided to run a little contest to give them away to you guys. ;)

oilofepicness-image.png oilofepicness-image.png red-rose-image.png

THE CONTEST:
Everyone can get 1 ticket (max!). To get a ticket, pick your favorite character from your dashboard and, in no more than 5 sentences, tell us what your character's goal in life is and WHY they have this goal. (Think of 'wants to rule the galaxy because they want to get revenge on everyone who hurt them', 'wants to become king/queen of the country because they want to end poverty', 'wants to become a high level mage to protect their family' etc.) Don't forget WHY they have that goal, it's important! And that's it! :) Just for writing that little tidbit you get a ticket. After the deadline, we'll be rolling dice to determine who wins the items. We'll be rolling a total of 3 numbers for 3 prizes, so everyone has a chance to win something!

Anonymous characters are disqualified. Sorry, I just don't want people to enter with 5 anon characters to get 5 tickets.

Deadline: May 23rd

CONTEST IS CLOSED! See bottom of post for rolling details!

Tickets:
  1. Rhythm
  2. SpilledInk
  3. CelestinaGrey
  4. MelTheObserver
  5. kuroi_neko
  6. Zhi
  7. 68_dare
  8. Bailey
  9. Kuraudo47
  10. Paich
  11. AshAngg2000
  12. XXXKILLZONEUS
  13. Blackito
  14. Septima-Kroi
  15. Shakespeare
  16. Sweetyceltic
  17. Sage_Shadows
  18. Bavol
  19. Olthain
  20. SirMustacheTheGrea

YAY we got a big list! I'm going to roll 3 dice (1d20) - first roll wins the rose, the second and third win the oils! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

MelTheObserver won the rose!

We got a REROLL on the first oil!

Sweetyceltic won the second oil!

Rolling again for the second oil. :)

CelestinaGrey won the second oil! Congrats to all winners! <3 Please enjoy your loot!
Darth Sinnice (played by Sanne) Topic Starter

(This is an example entry!)

Sinnice's goal in life is to rule as empress over the galaxy when her time comes to take over her father's throne. Part of it is simply her upbringing, as she was born specifically for the purpose of being a strong enough Sith to take his place. Another part of her revels in the darkness, and her thirst for power and destruction rules her very being.
Venus Akardi (played by Rhythm)

Venus's goal in life is to find his place, and escape the immortal torment of his foster brother, Dameon. However, sadly fate seems to hold other plans. With three days passing after his 18th birthday, Ven snaps, causing him to lose some of his sanity and seeks bloodshed. He seeks revenge, and desires to have Dameon on his knees, as well as anybody else who dared to abuse him in earlier years. May the angels hear your cries, and the devils laugh in spite, no one will save you from the torment that he casts upon you in your nightmares.
Nelis Orlitt (played by PANGAEA)

Nelís strives to find the importance and significance of every life, whether it be a prostitute or a prominent man of wealth. He practices love in the most peculiar way: comforting the murderer, smiling towards the hateful, finding rarity in the ordinary.. His heart extends in hopes that someone will latch onto it and see that they're not just another unit of the crowd- you are you, and you mean the world to him. This isn't done in vain, of course, as Nelís will soon come to witness the day when the earth will cleanse itself of the human race altogether, and he cannot stop it. During those last moments, he wants everyone to keep in mind that they're not disposable- still stars amongst darkness- and that it's far from the end.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

I'm loving these so far!! :D
Karra's goal in life is to have a family and live a normal life. Growing up in slavery, going from master to master, she always wanted to have a place to belong. She desperately longs for family and friends who truly care for her and aren't just trying to use her. Karra's greatest happiness in life would be what most would consider plain and even boring: a happy home, a loving husband, and children. Because such a dream seemed so far away when she was a slave, she works hard to find a way to make it come true.
Cria Laenaius (played anonymously)

Cria Laenaius is a being forced to survive in a world that wants her dead. She seeks to end the torment of others like her.... help others Vampires live and thrive. She wants to help those few of the undead avoid the pain that she has suffered. Avoid the mistakes, the failures, survive a hunt, or punish a soul in retribution. Her goal is both existence and instruction, passing on her knowledge in the case that she shall fail.
Amnestria (played by kuroi_neko)

I love Amnestria because she has grown the most as a character. She started out as a naive girl who had to venture out into the world for a selfless reason. Overtime she's learned from her mistakes in a beautifully tragic way. She's been able to grasp the real world and still maintain that kind spark that has always made her who she is. Now, her goal in life is simple: after all that had happened to her, she just wants to live without fear of being torn from her loved ones she had been separated from, because she fears her past mistakes will be the ones her family must confront.

Remember guys, the qualification is five sentences or less! ;) It has to be a bit of a challenge to keep it fun, right? I can add XXXKILLZONEUS and kuroi after you fixed your posts to match five sentences. :)
The Observer (played by MelTheObserver)

The Observer only wishes to have contact with another living being. After being locked away in the Room for their entire life, meeting someone would be a dream come true. The Observer writes in hopes of exiting their prison and be free from the Voice's control.
Merin (played by Warlocke)

Merin has a bit of a 'save the world' complex, only in a less attention grabbing and heroic sort of way. Rather than fighting and slaying monsters, he prefers to work from the sidelines, helping and making little changes where he can and using his guise of being a traveling bard (and sometimes a Court Bard) to give him the excuse to be wherever he feels he needs to be. He feels somewhat obligated to do a lot of good, both because of his natural abilities and long lifespan, and because of some past mistakes and what basically amounts to survivor's guilt. This also allows him to do much of what he'd be doing anyways, if he wasn't so driven; experience both the world and music as it evolves through the centuries, and have an adventure.
Fixed I believe. For some reason I read it as at least 5.
Adney Hackwell (played by 68_dare)

Hack's goal is to... well, he doesn't have much of a goal, not really ever thinking too hard about the future. Having fun, and playing in a band- those are his ongoing goals, because he loves music, and his friends. A definite kid at heart!
Eliotte (played by 13ee)

Eliotte's goal is to find true love. To become a parent and fit the bill for someone who is seen as a successful man. He has this goal because his upbringing was essentially by his sister, who provided wonderful support when she shouldn't have needed too. It's a play on how children are often the parents we need, when they shouldn't have to play that role in the first place. To have a family that supports itself.
Emperor Orianus (played by OkaruAudo)

Emperor Orianus was raised without any wealth or royalty, however he now rules a flourishing ocean kingdom. When he was a bit younger the kingdom was under rule by an oppressive dictator, responsible for the death of his wife. After he had lost her he vowed to kill the king and after achieving his goal he became the new ruler. His current goal is to fix the kingdom, make it prosper and have it become an empire. However there is one problem - the old king's son has his own kingdom, and he will stop at nothing to crush Orianus's.
Berith Petrauskas (played by Paich)

Berith's goal in life is to become worthy enough to stand beside those he cares for and finds superior. To be strong enough to defend them should he need. To not be seen as weak or inferior in any way. His very large fear of having a condemned soul also drives him to try and find solid reassurance that he can be saved.
Abe's goal in life can be summed up in one phrase: kill zombies. Since zombies have overrun the earth, he's been able to use his bad ass ninja-like skills to kill the zombies. Now, he isn't looking to take back the world, only to have fun killing zombies. He also clears out buildings for other survivors, for a price of course.
Elona Aakster (played by Djinn-n-Tonic)

Elona's greatest goal in life is to become a great mage, one worthy of praise and stories for centuries, or to become a court wizard.

She wishes for this more than anything because of her upbringing. She is from a place that is a partial deadzone to magic and does not have interesting things like warriors as a common place. People from there are notorious for not posessing any ability what so ever in the magical arts. She purchased a book that was about mages and great wizards, but did not see many mention lady wizards so she sought to change this on her own.

[trimmed down cause I had it way too long.]

Can I just say I adore reading all these lovely goals?! It's one of my favorite aspects of character creation and it's so wonderful seeing how much thought everyone put into it! :D

@Blackito: Thanks for trimming it down! I'm afraid it's still too big though - the challenge is to write 5 sentences or less. Sorry for the confusion, I rephrased it in my first post!
Zahra Cassar (played by Septima-Kroi)

Zahra's goal is one similar to revenge, but also to a claiming of birthright. It is her quest to track down the ship she had grown up on, and slay the captain of the pirates that had stolen it. It is a quest of revenge in that the captain had killed her father, the previous captain of the ship. If things had gone the way they were supposed to, Zahra was meant to eventually challenge the captain for control of the ship, as is her right as the first captain's daughter. The challenge will become the same, but her opponent would be someone entirely different.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » [CLOSED] GIVEAWAY: Oil of Epicness!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus