Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

If I could have alll the characters I want, I would surely use them. :D Or, if I could have different templates per page within a profile, then I would definitely use them, too!
I vote for Stonework, Demonic, Old London, Wolf, Symphony/Music Related, Satin Sheets and Rose Petals :)

I could see myself using these for current and future characters, and several members of the group I'm part of using these ones as well
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Your votes have been counted, Lachey! Thanks! :)
just throwing an idea out there. I know there is several magic types out there, but what about like an arch mage like theme of some type, dunno what it would be, but yeah, just a thought.

I'm not sure how those would be substantially different than the arcana themes, Silver Wolf.

Wooooo, finally got to cross "death" off the list!
Hey Kim, I had a couple ideas I thought I'd toss out there.

It'd be nice to see something... hmm... shiny? I thought of Jewelry first. Like elegant stuff you would see a princess wear. Maybe something to do with a few gemstones? I like "window shopping" on Etsy, and when I see all those beautiful handmade pieces of jewelry... yeah thats what I'm thinking about. I'm not sure if you could incorporate that idea into a template, but it was something I felt like I'd toss out.

And then I had another idea that started similarly looking through etsy. I came across this pretty multi-colored butterfly necklace, which then lead me to thinking about stained glass. I think a light and dark version of stained glass would be just beautiful as a theme :D

So anyways... theres my ideas :3

Hi Lachey,

Thanks for the suggestions! I've actually thought a lot about doing a stained glass template, but I've been deterred for this reason: Stained glass of what? It usually forms some image. 90% of the time that image is going to be religious, and I didn't really want to represent any particular religion on the site more than another. I guess I could just do shapes? I think I was sort of thrown by the number of possibilities. >.>
Ilmarinen Moderator

Maybe abstract shapes for borders, then some kind of sun/star shape as a centerpiece? That would be so cool! Maybe have some different color themes, like "red/orange/purple" and "cyan/yellow/pink" or something! I dunno!

Good suggestions! I was just looking at pics of stained glass, and was coming to some vaguely similar solutions. I like your style! ;)
Yeah, I've seen stained glass of just regular images, like flowers and butterflies, sun, moon and stars. Tiffany lamps are great for elegant stained glass looks :D

I'd shy away from flowers and butterflies, I think, unless I were going to do a whole series of different stained glass images, just to try and make sure the templates were most accessible to masculine, feminine and everything in between. :)
I think a Bard type would be interesting, like bardic instruments, or tomes of stories. Something like that in fantasy/medieval settingish. Just a thought.

silver_wolf98 wrote:
I think a Bard type would be interesting, like bardic instruments, or tomes of stories. Something like that in fantasy/medieval settingish. Just a thought.

Very interesting suggestion. Some of the upcoming templates might be of interest to you.
EdtheNeko

Beofre I came to RPR, I used to use my own site for my char profile. I didnt like using it but I had a template I loved to use, yet I checked here and its a template that free users here dont have anything close to.

It is called "Medieval Black" It features a lovely shaped candle reflected in a mirror. Now I looked all over rpr for any candle templates, yet found nothing even close to it. I would enjoy to see it here free to use or at least see something similar to it. I was just wondering if this would be thought about for these suggestions...

I made an example of what it may look like below
exampletemd.jpg
(please just excuse my example title, as I did this pretty fast)

About a year ago I bought a bunch of candles to photograph for a candle based template. Never quite got to it, unfortunately! They have lots of possibly applications, though.

The example you're showing appears to be from Wix?
EdtheNeko

Kim wrote:
About a year ago I bought a bunch of candles to photograph for a candle based template. Never quite got to it, unfortunately! They have lots of possibly applications, though. The example you're showing appears to be from Wix?
Well I was hoping this template could be an example of what RPR could use. It was free to download on a few sites, and then freewebs picked it up. The idea just looked soo good i had to suggest it.

The example was from freewebs, its called "Medieval Black" the name of the template is the same there.

If it's from Freewebs, it belongs to Freewebs, and we can't use it directly. If you can find the original artist giving it away with no copyright strings attached at all, I'd love to see that link! Otherwise no, it'd just be a vague inspiration.
EdtheNeko

Kim wrote:
If it's from Freewebs, it belongs to Freewebs, and we can't use it directly. If you can find the original artist giving it away with no copyright strings attached at all, I'd love to see that link! Otherwise no, it'd just be a vague inspiration.
If anything, let my post be mere impersonation for candle templates and maybe given the idea for one with a mirror effect :3

UPDATE: freewebs does not own the image in the template, its a stock picture. Does that change anything?
stock-photo-158981-reflected-candlelight.jpg
Even if the image is just a stock image, could someone try to make something similar to it? I love the candle mirror effect, and would like to see it on rpr one day in some shape or form.

It means we could use the stock photo if we wanted to buy it, but we'd have to design a different layout for it to go in. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus