Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

I'd love to see a crossbow template as well! I tried creating one myself but it was...awkward to read. At any rate, I've got at least two characters for whom the template would work. XD
TheLily

+1 for bows.

Plus, I haven't seen anything for taverns? I might be dafter than a donkey, but it's also before 7 AM and I don't read good this early.
A vote for the Taverns idea
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

What great suggestions! :D They have been added to the list and the votes tallied.

I have historically avoided holiday themed templates, because there are precious few RP characters for which Christmas trees or menorahs would be appropriate year-round. We only get so many new templates every year, so I have always wanted to make every one count as much as possible, not just seasonally.

Although we do have a few that might work if you were interested in changing your templates to match the season, they're more non-denominational. There's the snowflake one that you could use around the winter holidays, and the "revolution" templates are pretty halloweeny!
I promised myself I'd do this, and couldn't get around to it due to the fact that my computer is in getting fixed, so I stole a computer just to do this! Mwhahaha.

1 for Savannah, 1 for Demonic, 1 for Old London, 1 for Wolf, 1 for Symphony/Music, 1 for Satin Sheets & Rose Petals, 1 for Book.

-compiles a list-

Yeeep. I think that's all fer now :D

Votes counted. Thanks, Shame!
Is there a tutorial anywhere about how to make layouts?

Perhaps I ought to put this suggestion in another area, but I think it would just be a neat idea if some of the members could make templates for everyone to use, and then maybe have a voting system for which ones will actually be made into official templates?

Lachey wrote:

There's info on it here: http://www.rprepository.com/help/custom-templates
Lachey wrote:
Perhaps I ought to put this suggestion in another area, but I think it would just be a neat idea if some of the members could make templates for everyone to use, and then maybe have a voting system for which ones will actually be made into official templates?

Epic Members are able to create templates that they can share publicly with other epic users. There have been a few instances of someone doing an amazing job of it and then I have approached them to do a commission for an official template... No unofficial template has been used "as is" even when volunteered, and most likely never will be, because designing templates that work reliably across the full range of browsers and screen resolutions that we aim to support is actually outrageously finicky, and people just don't bother to test on ten different browsers unless they are being paid to care. ;)

There's a real dearth of people using this right now, and I plan to make it easier to use in future.
Kim wrote:
Lachey wrote:

There's info on it here: http://www.rprepository.com/help/custom-templates
Lachey wrote:

Epic Members are able to create templates that they can share publicly with other epic users. There have been a few instances of someone doing an amazing job of it and then I have approached them to do a commission for an official template... No unofficial template has been used "as is" even when volunteered, and most likely never will be, because designing templates that work reliably across the full range of browsers and screen resolutions that we aim to support is actually outrageously finicky, and people just don't bother to test on ten different browsers unless they are being paid to care. ;)

There's a real dearth of people using this right now, and I plan to make it easier to use in future.

Awesome, thanks for the link! I've been looking to get back into some HTML and CSS coding as it's been many years since I've dabbled in either - I think making templates might be just the thing :)

I'd love to play with some of these suggestions, even if mine don't turn out all too pretty, haha.

I'll be very interested to see what you come up with! Please do link me when you've got somethin' cookin. :)
EdtheNeko

Kim wrote:
About a year ago I bought a bunch of candles to photograph for a candle based template. Never quite got to it, unfortunately! They have lots of possibly applications, though.

Just posting as a follow up on the idea. Could we perhaps see some (old) mirror candle base templates in the future? I would really like to see that effect used in a template.

EdtheNeko wrote:
Just posting as a follow up on the idea. Could we perhaps see some (old) mirror candle base templates in the future? I would really like to see that effect used in a template.

The answer is still identical to the last time we had this conversation about mirror/candle templates. I have not forgotten. :)
I would love love love to see music templates or music notes!
Don't know if I voted for it yet, but the gold and treasure template would be amazing.
Dog

A "book" theme would be great for scholar-type characters. And there's plenty of characters that would benefit from a Tavern theme.
I would love a template that is rather minimalistic like - Blocky Grayscale (Claine)
designed by LittleBattyLady, with a touch of "film noire".
Dog

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love to see the new Misty Path template have a grayscale version.
I think I black template with green hacker codes would look interesting!
Any chance for purple versions of some of the newer templates? I'm thinking Misty Path and Celtic Knots, in particular.
I'd love to see more techy/futuristic things. We don't have much of those.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus