Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Yuka

silver_wolf98 wrote:
I would like to see maby a castle type template or dragon's lair type with gold about and stuff like that for the adventurer type characters or knights.

Seconding this
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

That's a flood of great ideas. Thanks guys! :D

Now that the redesign is out, I'm going to make an effort to get some more of the most wanted templates done.
Ooo! +1 to Swamp and +1 to Oriental Brushwork. :D
LittleLuckyRed1

Maybe something with an artic theme. Because nothin else I can see really suits my character Martivir.

I'll count that as a vote for Snow/Ice, LuckyRed. :)
Minerva wrote:
Suggestion: "Clean Kill" variant, darker background. That much white hurts my eyes. I'd say black but that may be too bland. Possible variant for Demonic Suggestion?

Seconding this. Something darker or grungier would perfectly fit some of the more monstrous characters lurking about. P;

Hooke wrote:
Minerva wrote:
Suggestion: "Clean Kill" variant, darker background. That much white hurts my eyes. I'd say black but that may be too bland. Possible variant for Demonic Suggestion?

Seconding this. Something darker or grungier would perfectly fit some of the more monstrous characters lurking about. P;

I've now got a variant called "Road kill" that's pending release. It's very similar, but with a dark concrete/pavement/rocky texture behind it.
Ohoho. Delicious. Sounds precisely like what I was thinking. P;
This seems like it would have been suggested before, but I don't know how to search on this forum and it's late so I don't want to sift through eight pages of stuff.

But would it be possible to include the ability for epic members to code their own webpages? I know a lot of us are probably familiar with coding, if not webpage design, just...because this is the Internet and we're nerds.

I'm definitely coming up short with the available choices, and I'd rather not wait around for more while paying for a membership; I'd rather just get it done myself.

You may already create custom CSS as an epic member, but you don't currently seem to have purchased a membership. It's been an available feature for close to a year. If you're talking about doing your own HTML/PHP yourself, I'm not sure why you'd need the repository to make character profiles for you at all. >.>
Octane wrote:
This seems like it would have been suggested before, but I don't know how to search on this forum and it's late so I don't want to sift through eight pages of stuff.

But would it be possible to include the ability for epic members to code their own webpages? I know a lot of us are probably familiar with coding, if not webpage design, just...because this is the Internet and we're nerds.

I'm definitely coming up short with the available choices, and I'd rather not wait around for more while paying for a membership; I'd rather just get it done myself.
Mermaid

1 vote for Old London.

Could I request a recolor of Victorian Lace, in red?
Quite like the purple one, dark-ish and easy on the eyes to read! I love the Lace!

I'm curious about "Glamour" but I have no idea what on earth it would look like...

... I have bad eyes and wear glasses. All the black/extremely dark templates hurt my eyes, but there's SO MANY pretty ones, yet I can't use them! CURSE YOU, EYEBALLS.

Mermaid wrote:
1 vote for Old London.

Could I request a recolor of Victorian Lace, in red?
Quite like the purple one, dark-ish and easy on the eyes to read! I love the Lace!

I'm curious about "Glamour" but I have no idea what on earth it would look like...

... I have bad eyes and wear glasses. All the black/extremely dark templates hurt my eyes, but there's SO MANY pretty ones, yet I can't use them! CURSE YOU, EYEBALLS.

It's funny, a lot of people complain they don't like dark templates, a lot say bright hurt their eyes, and a lot say medium isn't enough contrast for them. It's so clear at this point that there's no such thing as a perfect template. XD

I will definitely add your votes, and thanks much for the suggestion! For the last week, I've been working on updating all the old templates to a new system, and I am very much looking forward to that being finished so I will have smooth sailing on moving forward with new templates. :)
Mermaid

Kim wrote:
It's funny, a lot of people complain they don't like dark templates, a lot say bright hurt their eyes, and a lot say medium isn't enough contrast for them. It's so clear at this point that there's no such thing as a perfect template. XD

I will definitely add your votes, and thanks much for the suggestion! For the last week, I've been working on updating all the old templates to a new system, and I am very much looking forward to that being finished so I will have smooth sailing on moving forward with new templates. :)

Yes, everyone has... different eyes? However you could describe that. But, that's why RPR offers such a lovely variety. It's just a pleasure we get to request ones more fitting not only for our eyes, but our characters. :}

Welcome! I hope the completion of updating the templates goes smoothly! Will they look any different, out of curiosity, or just updating so they run smoothly?

You're very sweet!
Mermaid wrote:
Welcome! I hope the completion of updating the templates goes smoothly! Will they look any different, out of curiosity, or just updating so they run smoothly?

Yes and no.

No, in that most will look identical. A handful will get minor changes, mostly problem fixes to make them work better in IE, or tweaked color contrasts to help prevent text from blending into backgrounds.

Yes, in that all the toolbars will get dropdown menus to make it easier to navigate anywhere on the site after looking at a character. At this juncture I'm also adding programmatic support for drop down menus in the profile page structure, but it won't be noticeable to begin with because I still have to develop the user interface to make nested page structures.

I realized that in my exhaustion last night I didn't answer your question about "Glamour". I was thinking that might be a category devoted to modern opulence. Lipstick kisses, rose petals on silk sheets, the flash of photography bulbs on the red carpet, champagne bubbles, etc. I was thinking sort of hollywood diva, or indeed any lavishness one might imagine of the rich and famous. We don't have a huge number of templates for the modern crowd, and those are either simple or grungy. So far no one that I can recall has actually requested something quite like that though -- the closest MAYBE is "something valentine's day related."
Sanne Moderator

Kim wrote:
the closest MAYBE is "something valentine's day related."

Oh god I can already see the hearts and roses exploding all over those poor templates! XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
I was thinking that might be a category devoted to modern opulence. Lipstick kisses, rose petals on silk sheets, the flash of photography bulbs on the red carpet, champagne bubbles, etc.

That sounds like it might be a good template for my Sith Lord ;)

Sanne wrote:
Oh god I can already see the hearts and roses exploding all over those poor templates!

FEAR MY CUTE-FU!
darth_angelus wrote:
Kim wrote:
I was thinking that might be a category devoted to modern opulence. Lipstick kisses, rose petals on silk sheets, the flash of photography bulbs on the red carpet, champagne bubbles, etc.

That sounds like it might be a good template for my Sith Lord ;)

He does a little turn on the cat walk. ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Someone has to model this year's robes ;)
Mermaid

Kim wrote:
You're very sweet!

Aww *blush* Thank you! You are quite the sweetheart, yourself. A pleasure to talk with!
Kim wrote:
I realized that in my exhaustion last night I didn't answer your question about "Glamour". I was thinking that might be a category devoted to modern opulence. Lipstick kisses, rose petals on silk sheets, the flash of photography bulbs on the red carpet, champagne bubbles, etc. I was thinking sort of hollywood diva, or indeed any lavishness one might imagine of the rich and famous. We don't have a huge number of templates for the modern crowd, and those are either simple or grungy. So far no one that I can recall has actually requested something quite like that though -- the closest MAYBE is "something valentine's day related."

Oh, that's okay! I forgot I asked about it. I really ADORE the idea of rose petals on silk, within the Glamour category! Instantly my mind saw beautiful beige/cream/darkened off-white sheets, and scattered rose petals! I would love to see how that turns out, some day. It would even do well in different colors, like blackened silk, for those that like the dark. Perhaps if more people knew the elaboration of "Glamour" it would get more votes? :}

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus