Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Purple. Arcana.

YES FOREVER.

Also, I love the stone and parchment! Fantastic work.
I would like to vote for
Stonework
Oriental Brushwork
Tribal/Cavepainting
and Elements.
Paladin! I vote for Paladin! :D
I like the oriental brushwork idea. I also think we need a lighter-colored arcana, maybe white with gold patterns? Also, maybe a jungle template, a fire template, and a plain-ish white template? Ooooh, and an ocean template, and a clouds template!! Just throwin random suggestions out there.
I've become interested in the ocean one recently.
Perhaps a seascape, or a view on a harbour, or fishing boats, magnificent galleys? Perhaps something with soaring cliffs on the side, a raging sea clashing against them?
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

@Cinny - Those are all excellent suggestions, but I have to ask the obligatory question; how many of those are ones you personally would use either now or in the future, and how many are speculation for things you think other people might want to use? Both are good, I'm just trying to keep track which is which.

I know lots of people are wanting lighter arcanas, and white and gold would probably be gorgeous. I'm taking a bit of a break from the arcanas for now, in favor of expanding the variety of templates available. Magic is fairly well represented at this point, while other genres of characters (I'm looking at you, high technology peeps) are quite under served.

@Ethelle - Good to know there's more interest in ocean templates! I started two undersea templates weeks ago and they sort of got abandoned as other priorities came up. I'll have to finish them out. Love the idea of harbors and lighthouses, too. I'll see what can be done.
1 vote for Demonic, it would fit my character quite well.

Can I ask, what might "Demonic" look like to you guys?
Perhaps something spawned straight from Hell, with cracks in it glowing bright yellow/orange/red, like it has magma underneath it. Perhaps blood running down it, and having some demonic wings sprouting somewhere.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but would it be possible to edit Blue Arabesque? The main dark red link color is so dark that it really doesn't mesh well with the rest of the text, and it's even hard to read on the blue background. Making it a brighter red would work better, or maybe that bright gold that's the color of the titles? Or swap the highlighted link color with the normal link color.

Edited the blue arabesque links to be a little brighter. The changes should arrive live by tomorrow, if not tonight.
Ilmarinen Moderator

You're amazing! <3
I vote forrr...

Cityscape 2
I'd love to see a template for APOCalypse 2500 (Ya it's a new game and relatively unknown but I'm working on getting players on the Repository) Pdf's of the games character sheets can be downloaded Here at the games website. Heck I'll even code it if someone tells me how they want it.

Whatiswhat, after looking at the character sheets you linked to I'm not sure what sort of look you're requesting. The templates referred to in this thread are a sort of "skin," that change only the look of a page, not the content or what kind of information can be entered. :)

We've discussed in the past the idea of making flexible stats widgets be able to save and share a certain setup of info, which I like and it's on my list to look into. It's just not something that can be addressed immediately, with groups coming in as a highest programming priority.
Kim wrote:
Whatiswhat, after looking at the character sheets you linked to I'm not sure what sort of look you're requesting. The templates referred to in this thread are a sort of "skin," that change only the look of a page, not the content or what kind of information can be entered. :)

We've discussed in the past the idea of making flexible stats widgets be able to save and share a certain setup of info, which I like and it's on my list to look into. It's just not something that can be addressed immediately, with groups coming in as a highest programming priority.

Oops misunderstood the thread...
I do recall the discussion of widgets and was not looking for immediate gratification by any means. Just saw the thread and thought it was a good place to post the post.. but I misunderstood the actual topic of the post.
Oriental brushwork and stonework. o:
cyber and elements for sure!
Dragonfire Moderator

I'd like to see something chilly, icy, and/or snowy - something that makes you want to curl up with a cup of cocoa! :3
Is there any way for me to find out how to create the code for templates?
I would really love to create some and send them in for RPR to evaluate and possibly use.
How can I do this or is it even possible?

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus