Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Maybe things like pirate themed with golds and jewels or something more 'rich' for those kinds. Or peering out of an alley way and stuff. Do you guys take submissions for template backgrounds?
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

All fantastic suggestions!

@Hachi -- I don't take "submissions" per se, at least not out of the blue. Because we are so very very careful about copyrights, I like to be in specific contact with an artist throughout the process of their creating the background, so we can agree on how they will obtain the brushes, images and other resources they will use in its creation and we can agree on how rights will be handled when the image is done. Plus, we have to consider so many different screen sizes and devices, there's a lot to talk about and look out for that most artists don't have to consider when doing a regular painting. So in short, we don't do submissions so much as commissions to make sure we have control over the process and to cover our butts legally, morally and ethically. Does that make any sense?
Mayim

I personally like to see layouts with thinner borders (I often sign in on a tiny laptop, so templates like the celtic ones have borders that are WAY TOO BIG for me to see). I'd also reeeally like some more with a centered, fixed width (like some of the newer ones have, ie Treasure on the High Seas).

For fixed width templates that- that's just a personal template crush of mine. I like things simple, neat, clean and centered. Ha! @__@
Military Camo! :D
EdtheNeko

Hm, what about a template that shows off the North Lights?
Okay I have an idea for a new character Template. I was thinking something a long the lines of a military dossier, paper clips, file folders...kind of like these

f5b81c6849f100f3b4d8a877f39825d6.jpg
dossier_mukai.jpg
I dig that manila folder one!

The paperclips part is making my brain churn trying to figure out how I'd accomplish that in a multi-browser way, but I do actually have some thoughts on making such a template pretty cool!
Kim wrote:
The paperclips part is making my brain churn trying to figure out how I'd accomplish that in a multi-browser way, but I do actually have some thoughts on making such a template pretty cool!

It's pretty awesome, I'd love to see something like that. :) Maybe there is an easier way to do the paperclip for multi-browsers, if so that'd be awesome!
id love a music one =D
I don't think this has been requested yet, but could we have a template with the same or similar color scheme as the main site? I just really like the look of the site and there are times when I've thought that the pale pink and red-brown would look nice for some of my characters without being overly busy or hard to read the text on the page.

Ms_Draca wrote:
I don't think this has been requested yet, but could we have a template with the same or similar color scheme as the main site? I just really like the look of the site and there are times when I've thought that the pale pink and red-brown would look nice for some of my characters without being overly busy or hard to read the text on the page.

Interesting! I will definitely look into that. :)
1 for tavern!
I think something to do with magic would be nice too! Maybe something with a lot of stars and bright colors :>
Asheydoo55 wrote:
I think something to do with magic would be nice too! Maybe something with a lot of stars and bright colors :>
There's the Arcana set, including a rainbow one, under Fantasy. (And under other categories, but Fantasy lists them all in the first and second pages.)
*jumps in suddenly*
Okay so I was dumb with my other one

But how about circus themes?
Both evil and not so much O3O
maybe?
Iunno
yuh
Something desert-y would be nice. More Sahara-like.
Other than just the previously suggested dossier, more modern "military" themes would be good in general. All we really have at the moment is the AK-47 theme, but it really looks more "gangster" than "soldier".
Novalyyn wrote:
Something desert-y would be nice. More Sahara-like.

I second this. I also really like the ones with a bit of an old-world feel, but besides the Greek columns and the Arabesque one, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot. I was hoping for one with a Middle-Eastern landscape for my alternate-history Hebrew-inspired character, but had to stick with the Arabesque one instead.

Also seconding the one about having modern military themes. I'd use it for sure.
Prison and Asylum themes?
Those would be cool
How about a template with a lot of swirling shadows?

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus