Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Flight from Castle Paldwyn (DISCUSSION)

TheTwilightWarrior

<_< >_> I'd rather Arnold not be an assassin.
Awright, no probs Johnny boy x)

Ay, no rush either. If the road trip didnt have so many idle hours, I'd probably be similarly flighty, haha
Well, my character is a wandering mercenary, and John's character is traveling with him. And the story is put to make us hunting them.
TheTwilightWarrior

Draken901 wrote:
Well, my character is a wandering mercenary, and John's character is traveling with him. And the story is put to make us hunting them.

Well, I'd prefer Arnold joining the group later on rather then having him be their enemy.
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Draken901 wrote:

Oh! I thought you decided against that, via our PMs--I must have misread, sorry! Consider this option if you guys atill wanna do that: they dont know all the details, or even have false info. Arnold and Kraven might know how many people, could even know their names and who they are (Catherine at least) but not the full details of the coup, because Annisse would have no reason to humanize the party at all. XD When the two parties meet, the full truth could come out! Does that sound good for you two? ^^;
TheTwilightWarrior

Adelbard wrote:
Draken901 wrote:

Oh! I thought you decided against that, via our PMs--I must have misread, sorry! Consider this option if you guys atill wanna do that: they dont know all the details, or even have false info. Arnold and Kraven might know how many people, could even know their names and who they are (Catherine at least) but not the full details of the coup, because Annisse would have no reason to humanize the party at all. XD When the two parties meet, the full truth could come out! Does that sound good for you two? ^^;

Hmmm... I'd think so. We could say Arnold is unaware of the coup and Kraven is sent by Annisse to fulfill her wishes. Arnold is blindly following with him still unaware of the coup before him and Kraven find the group, and has a change of heart.

JohnAtArms wrote:
Adelbard wrote:
Draken901 wrote:

Hmmm... I'd think so. We could say Arnold is unaware of the coup and Kraven is sent by Annisse to fulfill her wishes. Arnold is blindly following with him still unaware of the coup before him and Kraven find the group, and has a change of heart.

Even Kraven can be missing some of the details too, if he prefers--ICly, the coup only happened the night before, so info has yet to spread.

But yes, I reckon things will be a little slow the next couple days... :firefly-is-over: (jk, if you are doing anything special, have fun :D)
I'm going to enjoy my next post and hope you guys too ;) now is it alright if I took control of some npc peasants?
I'm sure I'll enjoy it, yehp c:

And yeah! Assassins, nice. It could even be misinformation, claiming the princess orchestrated the king's assassination for some reason?

X) lookin' forward to witnessing the chase too. Btw that means you guys are basically the huntsmen in Snow White :3 bring back a pig's heart for the queen!
*writes down things to steal for the plotline*
Charante mon trieu chengannur, huh..?

I thought it was french, but google translate is not forthcoming. Color me intrigued.
*thinking of different avian creatures and flying beasts to sick upon the group...*

Virtu wrote:

I thought it was french, but google translate is not forthcoming. Color me intrigued.

Haha, success! I've developed vocabulary for some of the languages in my novels (not full languages, ain't nobody got time for that) and I wanted Beauvraldi to sound like French. Glad it's working. It's a little cheap... but one of my other languages is an Italian/Swahili cross, so I'm proud of that one 8) I define morphological rules and use this generator to spit out a boatload of words that follow them: http://screamingnorth.com/writingtools/wordgen/
TheTwilightWarrior

Adelbard wrote:
Virtu wrote:

Haha, success! I've developed vocabulary for some of the languages in my novels (not full languages, ain't nobody got time for that) and I wanted Beauvraldi to sound like French. Glad it's working. It's a little cheap... but one of my other languages is an Italian/Swahili cross, so I'm proud of that one 8) I define morphological rules and use this generator to spit out a boatload of words that follow them: http://screamingnorth.com/writingtools/wordgen/

O_O oooo! I must use this sometime later! I've been meaning to make a language for Vevarians and this may seem beneficial for me!
What John said. This is awesome, and will be so helpful. :D

JohnAtArms wrote:
Adelbard wrote:
Virtu wrote:

O_O oooo! I must use this sometime later! I've been meaning to make a language for Vevarians and this may seem beneficial for me!
Virtu wrote:

Awesome! Let me know if you need any help with it... I've used it really extensively at this point. ^^;
TheTwilightWarrior

Adelbard wrote:
JohnAtArms wrote:
Adelbard wrote:
Virtu wrote:

Virtu wrote:

Awesome! Let me know if you need any help with it... I've used it really extensively at this point. ^^;

*hugs you* thank you! This means quite a bit for me!

JohnAtArms wrote:
Adelbard wrote:
JohnAtArms wrote:
Adelbard wrote:
Virtu wrote:

Virtu wrote:

*hugs you* thank you! This means quite a bit for me!

:hugs back: :D It's np! I know it's a really finicky tool sometimes. ^^;
TheTwilightWarrior

Excuse my ignorance but could you help define what a 'Morpheme' is? I looked it up and I still can't understand it. And what does it mean by 'Morpheme ID?'.

JohnAtArms wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but could you help define what a 'Morpheme' is? I looked it up and I still can't understand it. And what does it mean by 'Morpheme ID?'.

A morpheme is basically like a sound, less than a syllable but possibly more than a single letter. The morpheme ID is just a single character that you'll use to refer to that category of morphemes. For instance, I usually have a morpheme type called 'c' that contains my consonants--for instance, k, sh, ch, l, and m. Then I'll have a vowel one called 'v' that has vowels like i, e, o, and u. Then, when I'm defining my wordforms, I might have: cvc cvvc cvcvcvc. So any 'c' gets replaced with one of my 'c' morphemes, randomly--and any 'v' is replaced randomly with one of my 'v' morphemes. So words like kish, cheol, mek, and shilekoch could be generated in this example. You can make it infinitely more complicated from there... for example, I often have a morpheme that contains possible word endings. Or sometimes I distinguish between consonants that can appear at the beginning of a word and which are allowed to appear at the end. The morpheme ID can be whatever letter you want to refer to it as when you're building wordforms. Hopefully that helps a little :D There are two templates in the tool that are really eye opening, I think! Reari is simple with just consonants and vowels, Orcish is more complicated with consonants, vowels, word endings, and alternative sounds that can appear anywhere but the end of the word.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Flight from Castle Paldwyn (DISCUSSION)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus