Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Flight from Castle Paldwyn (DISCUSSION)

Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Virtu wrote:
Also hey guis, I drew my character. Whadooya think?

JTKqQif.jpg

OSpQboE.png
Oh do I see the potential MxM relationship going in this RP? ;)
THAT MIGHT JUST BE BECAUSE THE CHARACTER KIND OF LOOKS LIKE A GIRL. SORRY FOR PUTTING IT SO BLUNT.
Well, maybe some of the sketches didn't come out quite masculine enough (i rather like the bottom left tho), but I was going for a foppish minstrel look, so that's perfectly alright with me.

Anyway, on the subject of male v female drawz...

AUa51Ck.jpg

Can you spot the difference?

Also I'm totes drawing a female version of him just to show how a female'd actually look x)

also drawing him shirtless
Arnold the Lesser (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

I guess it's my turn to step in now? Or should I wait for Draken?
You just go, i'm waiting for more people to post.

So we can agree on Arnold traveling with Kraven?
Wait a minute!

*squints*

Do my eyes deceive me or is Arnold the Lesser a landsknecht?

*giggles* Well, sorta... Him and the Tempest legion are inspired by the landsknecht and Tercios. Although I can't really find a fitting image of a Tercio so I stuck with a landsknecht.
I'm probably not going to post straight up due to the fact Rose has gotten the spotlight for a bit along with Freds. Probably allow le Princess to post and all.
You may do that story line if you like. - John

Cool, now that that's sorted out, I'll try and enter the RP hidden with Kraven.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYv4iO9QjCs

Landsknechts, the medieval equivalent of saggy pantsmen, except they're proud warriors!

Tercios are really organized and cool too. Did they have crazy fashion trends too or were you mostly looking at their roles and strategies as a military force?
One thing to know, Kraven uses his birds to not only attack people, but also scout areas to check for danger and interest, for he can see everything his birds see.

Virtu wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYv4iO9QjCs

Landsknechts, the medieval equivalent of saggy pantsmen, except they're proud warriors!

Tercios are really organized and cool too. Did they have crazy fashion trends too or were you mostly looking at their roles and strategies as a military force?

Their roles and strategies. I chose the look of the Landsknechts in order to distinguish them further from your average Vevarian warrior. The Tempest Legion employ quite a bit of pike-and-shot tactics with use of greatswords, just like the Tercios. I'm mostly fashioning Vevaria from the Spanish Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Byzantine Empire. Also: Lindybeige!
Sweet, those three have quite a bit in common (esp since they all wish they were HRE hehe). Byzantines are quite hilarious tho, with their whole "oops, lost the recipe for greek fire" klutziness, and "hey Charlemagne no! No Constantine legacy 4 u. And mr pope, we r the true rome kk?" and so on, haha.... anyway x) they did have the old philosophies and science, but man they hoarded that knowledge, yeesh.

And Lindybeige indeed! :D certainly among my favorite youtubers, along with Skallagrim of course.

Virtu wrote:
Sweet, those three have quite a bit in common (esp since they all wish they were HRE hehe). Byzantines are quite hilarious tho, with their whole "oops, lost the recipe for greek fire" klutziness, and "hey Charlemagne no! No Constantine legacy 4 u. And mr pope, we r the true rome kk?" and so on, haha.... anyway x) they did have the old philosophies and science, but man they hoarded that knowledge, yeesh.

And Lindybeige indeed! :D certainly among my favorite youtubers, along with Skallagrim of course.

*giggles* Both are also my favourites. Scholagladiatoria and Metatron are also pretty damn good. You do any HEMA? I do George Silver's system which is one of the reasons why I watch those channels :3
No, I haven't done any HEMA, but I've taken some classes in Steaphen Fick's style, called DEMAS. Love learning it, always a rush to strike sword on sword. His teaching style is mostly show rather than tell, which is awesome =v= i think his site is called swordfightingschool.com, good stuff.

Schola and Metratron are cool too but a bit longwinded and occasionally divert from the topic at hand, and also on occasion dont give a full picure on cultural stuff. Like how metatron's explanation of chivalry lacked the religious and literary influences, nor touched on the huge differences between bushido and chivalry, which are rather glaring when you get down to the specifics XD (seppuku for instance)

Aside from the occasional video recording swordfights, I don't know much about HEMA :0 what's the George Silver system?

George Silver was originally an English Gentleman during the late 16th century (around 1580) to the early 17th century (1620's, no one really knows yet). He was not necessarily a fencing master, but he did teach English shortsword (broadsword, backsword, basket-hilt, etc.) and criticized the Italian fencing styles that were present in England. The Stoccata School of Defence (the school I go to) teaches Silver's system and various other sword arts.
Do you mind if I set up our storyline john?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Flight from Castle Paldwyn (DISCUSSION)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus