Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Demon of Diamond City (1x1)

Fallout Characters (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Like I said, I wouldn't be too worried. There's alot of raiders, Super Mutants, and Feral Ghouls around the ruins. I'm sure the brotherhood is just dealing with them."The Captain said.
Falderan (played by Dreath)

Once I get a better view I can see them firing at feral ghouls. "From what I heard they tend to stick further out and focus on smaller areas. Guess they are wanting a stronger hold here."

"Probably. Anyways, that friend I mentioned. Their home isn't far from here."Captain Wasteland said. "Just return the caps, and I'm sure my friend will help you get that network up and running."The Cap said.

"Show me this friend and then we have a deal. I'm not stuiped." He says wanting proof before any deals are confirmed.

"Alright. But I won't let you use any of those caps you stole."Captain Wasteland said, motioning for Falderan to Follow him.

"Fair point. But if this is all for nothing I will take the caps and run." I wander down to you. "Which way?"

"We're headed to Starlight Drive in."Captain Wasteland said, as he and Falderan set off. After a while they came to te drive in. Surprisingly, a decently sized settlement had been built there. Now, it was no where near as large as Diamond City, or even Good Neighbor. Though, rather than build out, the settlers had built up, building tall buildings with many bridges and walkways connecting them. There had also been a wall set up around the town. "Halt, citizen."Said a robotic voice. A Sentry bot was standing guard at the gate of the town. It was backed by two Mr. Gutsy's. "State your na-"The Sentry bot began, before a deep gutural voice cut it off. "Stand down Max."The voice said as the gate seemingly opened on its own. Soon, a Supermutant became visible. Oddly, it's skin was a blueish grey color, rather than the yellowish green most super mutants had.

Fal looked him over wide eyed. "Sentry bots? Working too?" He looks them over. "Rarely see them working especially not having gone insane." He seems interested in them to a degree. "What about this big guy. Rarely see super mutants which don't just shoot."

"Fal, this is Thompson. He's a different kind of Super Mutant."Captain Wasteland began. "I'm a Nightkin, a Super Mutant that's used alot of Stealthboys."Thompson said. "What are ya here for?"Thompson asked. "We're here to talk to Gwen."The Cap said. "Ah. Well, you know where Gwen's workshop is. Head on in."Thompson said.

"It's a pleasure." I say still with my helmet on concealing my face. I follow you in cautious of it all. "So whats up with this place?"

"What do ya mean?"CW asked, before realizing what Fal meant. "Oh, well, this is just a normal settlement. That lucked out and managed to have a pre-war tech enthusiast move into it."CW said. "My friend, Gwen, is on the top level."CW said as he lead Fal to a lift system. He pressed the button on the lift, which took them up. It stopped on the top level. CW and Fal headed on towards Gwen's workshop. "Ah! Captain Wasteland!"Called the voice of a Mr. Handy. "Nice to see you too Jonni."CW said, as a surprisingly well maintained Mr. Handy floated up to him and Fal. "I assume you're here to see Gwendolyn, correct?"Jonni asked. Cap nodded. "Alright, right this way! Do mind the floor though. Ms. Gwendolyn's been very busy today and I haven't had a chance to clean up the tools and parts lying around."Jonni said.

Cap and Fal got to Gwen's Work shop. Various robot parts littered the ground. It was obvious parts were scavenged. A leg and arm-less deactivated Protectron lied on the ground. An old Mr. Gusty lied on the ground, though it didn't have it's protective outer shell. And several heavily damaged Mr. Handy limbs and a pair of optical sensors were strewn along the floor. "Gwen?"CW called. "IN THE BACK!"Repsonded the voice of a young woman. Cap led Fal to the back of the store, to find a surprisingly young woman working on a frankenstein of robots. "Grill, quit squirming!"She said frustratedly. "Well, if you'd be more careful with my innards I wouldn't have any troubles!"The robot said. It had the upper body of a Mr. Gutsy. The Optical sensor seemed to be the Robot's 'head' Underneath it were a pair of Protectrn legs that replaced the Mr. Gutsy arms and hover jet. On the sides, where the other two Optical sensors would be, were a pair of Protectron arms. Welded onto the chest, with the robot's 'head' sticking through it, was the grill of a car. A pair of wires ran from the lights on it into the Mr. Gutsy body.

"Aaaaaaand done!"The woman said happily, closing a Panel o nthe robot's back. "Hows the new arms feel?"Gwen asked. "Why can't I shoot the lasers in my arms?" The robot asked. "Took out the fusion cells. So, what'cha doing here cap?"Gwen asked. "My friend was needing some of your expertise. He wants to leave the Commonwealth. He managed to talk the Brotherhood of Steel into giving him a ride out of here. To get that ride though he needs to fix up a terminal network."Cap said. "And before you respond, I know you don't like the Brotherhood. But, this is a once in a lifetime chance. What other opportunity would you have to work on pre-war tech like this. You might even be able to connect this network to more than just the Brotherhood's terminal systems, but the terminal systems of the entire Commonwealth. "Wheres the network at?"Gwen asked.

"That's where things get difficult." Fal says scratching his arm. "It's located on the boarder of the glowing sea." He says putting a small map down. Stretching it out he has an area circled. "From what I gathered it was a research station or something looking into some form of immunity to radiation like a vaccine. However after the bombs dropped not much happened. The brotherhood lacked the required information to get in so I made the deal. There are terminals in there and likely many other little gizmos locked in the vaults below ground." He explains. "However the whole surface there is highly contaminated with radiation and on the surface there is little more then melted buildings and dirt. So locating it specifically is the hard part."

"Huh. Finally got a use for that Power Armor I scavenged."Captain Wasteland said. "I thought you were immune to radiation?"Gwen asked. "I'm not. It just takes more radiation to take me out, and I don't show the symptoms of Radiation poisoning."Captain wasteland said. "You had me fix that damn thing up all nice and fancy and you never use it?!"Gwen said. "What am I gonna use it on? I don't go around the Wasteland beating the hell out of everything in Power armor. I save it for use with specific threats. Like that Super Mutant, Professor Genome."Captain Wasteland said. "Speaking of which, I think he and his gang live around there."He added.

"A super mutant professor?" Fal asks curious. "Never heard of one of those? You know some interesting people." He chuckles softly. "So those mutants a problem for you?"

"They're a problem for everyone who goes there."The Cap said. "He's trying to find a way to create more super mutants, so what ever people wander over to his area he captures. He'll occasionally leave trying to gather wealth or find old pre-war super weapons to use on the people of the Commonwealth."The Cap explained.

"Reporting them to the brotherhood would solve this problem virtually overnight. Why not let them deal with it?" Fal asks knowing such a thing would basically force the brotherhoods hand.

"Genomes alot smarter than he average Super Mutant. And I think he's in the n between stages of a regular mutant and a Behemoth."The Cap explained. On top of that, you don't want him getting a hold of a Vertibird, nor more laser weaponry."The Cap explained.

"Well I know those things can carry power armor but the Vertibird shouldn't carry a behemoth. Still I can see the problem. If we can avoid him the better. But if not whats the plan? Blast our way through? After all super mutants are stubborn bastards." Fal over looking the map. "Any idea where they would be?"

"He's not a full Behemoth, he's in the mid way stages. I think. Or he's just a particularly big Supermutant."Traxton said. "His hideout is here."Traxton said, indicating a part of the map in the circle, but very close to the east edge of the circle.

"Well depending on how goo radius they have and hopefully the bases location is around here." Fal points to the opposite end. "We can get in and out without them knowing. The radiation levels are still a problem though."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Demon of Diamond City (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus