Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Draw a Genre Mascot

Dylan wrote:
Awww I saw that posted on dA! Adorable corgis!

And nice to see an entry for Sci Fi. Way to go Drayle!

Ah thank you. ^^
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Shenzi wrote:
Haha aw :) I'm assuming we can enter this as many times as we want? :) If so i might throw a couple more things in ^^

Yes, go for it! I can only give one award per person, but you're welcome to put in as many entries as you like. :)
Thanks Dylan + Drayle, loving that sci-fi entry :) I think this will be my final entry, as i've got things i should be doing and i keep getting distracted with this now. This is a Dracat, named him Pravus because it means Unscrupulous in Latin :P for the creatures catagory:

pravus_the_dracat_by_diego_watson-d4x2vca.png
Very Nice~!

My goodness gracious! o.o
I agree with Kim--wow, Shenzi. That's amazing. *drools*

I really want to draw something now!

PenGryphon2007 wrote:

Do iiiit! :D
PenGryphon2007 wrote:
I agree with Kim--wow, Shenzi. That's amazing. *drools*

*blushface* Yay! and yes, draw draw draw! It must be done!
Oh wow entries on here are already awesome :D

I NEED TO DRAW
Hmm. I think I ought to draw something too.
homework or draw... homework or draw. Aw what the heck. Its only 2! i got time XD
Hey, Kim? I have a question!

I just got a line-art of a cool new species. Someone made the species/line-art for me, as a trade, so the species is mine. If I colored in the line-art, would I be able to submit it to this contest as a genre mascot? I was wondering because in the 'comics' thing I saw mention of someone doing a collaboration, and this would kind of be like that. Except the person isn't on RPR. xD
I noticed that the last two character jumbles were tragically devoid of stereotypical pointy-hat wizards, and you know how much I love stereotypical pointy-hat wizards.

So, here, have a stereotypical pointy-hat wizard.

gardenwizardtransparent.png

I was very fond of the fellow holding the RPR banner last year, and wanted to do something similar--alas, I noticed a bit too late that Kim suggested not to include words, but I wouldn't mind taking out the wee dragon if it comes to that!
I'm gunna try for a fae or steampunk. ;3
I keep finding things to fix the more I figure out how to do digital art, but just in case I never stop fiddling with it, here's a decent enough version. (Hope a prop in the background is okay.)

I give you a steampunk/sci-fi deep space diver:

spaaaace3.png
When you say an already made character, are you also referring to our own characters? ;P
That's exactly what it means, Reinage. The mascots become property of the RPR, anyway, and you probably don't want to give up a beloved, established character!

CelestinaGrey wrote:
Hey, Kim? I have a question!

I just got a line-art of a cool new species. Someone made the species/line-art for me, as a trade, so the species is mine. If I colored in the line-art, would I be able to submit it to this contest as a genre mascot? I was wondering because in the 'comics' thing I saw mention of someone doing a collaboration, and this would kind of be like that. Except the person isn't on RPR. xD

Nope, sorry, that's not admissable. The characters need to be new and made for this contest, not something you are reusing from elsewhere. They become property of the RPR, so if it's something you want to use elsewhere, don't submit it! :)
Reinage wrote:
When you say an already made character, are you also referring to our own characters? ;P

Wizard beat me to it. That's exactly what it means.

@m1blue - That is stupendously creative! :D Love it!

@Wizard - I don't know how we didn't have a pointy hat wizard before, but yours is adorable. <3
Okay :3 I still plan to enter, though ^^ I just have a busy week ahead of me :3

Also loving that pointy-hat wizard! :D
Not the best artist in the world, but I told myself I'd make something and gosh-darn it, I tried.

So I tried to draw a fae
33nxcf5.png

Because you seemed rather lacking in them! And apparently fae weave rose petals and vines into fairly modest clothing and make flowers that are RPR-colored...

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Draw a Genre Mascot

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus