Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Stable Clusters, Cleaned Corrupts (SU AU)

Stable Clusters (played by dave_pod) Topic Starter

{Lapis} "I don't think it'll get much better. but..." *internal conflict. with more Gems, things just become more Crowded about Steven and the Places he goes. but, she can't 'wish' that no one else is ever Healed. that would be wrong* "I. I don't know. I'm hoping that everything can just, slide into place."
Verdite (played by ScullBurner)

"My thoughts exactly.."

{Garnet} *Garnet is almost done, pouring the batter into a metal pan lined with strawberries, and putting it into the oven*

{Lapis} *a tiny half-laugh in self pitty* "he..." "You've had absolutely nothing to do with all this. How does Steven find it so easy to open up to others and make friends." *She looks at the sleeping Steven, envious of his innocence*

(Why is Garnet cooking so naturally lol)

"speaking of this..." She wondered if it was accurate to call the oddity a human or a gem "... Steven... Is that not the gem of a quarts?" She says, pointing to his gem.

( its a metal pan for when the 'flip the cake over and bash it out onto a plate' part happens. :3 )

{Lapis} "yes... Steven is a Human with a Gem. Its... its probably a longer story than I'd know. I just know that his mother Rose Quartz..."

{Garnet} "Rose gave up her life to let Steven exist. There's never been anyone, or anything like Steven. He is a child, and still has much to learn, but he has performed feats that no one could have ever expected of him..." *turning the heat on the oven up almost all the way* "Steven, is Special."

"I can understand... This child has saved my life." She looks at Garnet and Lapis, "If there is anything I may do to repay your kindness, let me know"

{Lapis} "I'd only ask that you just be kind back to Steven in return." *she's saying this mostly lightheartedly. its what she expects, she's just clarifying that its the only thing she expects*

{Garnet} "Well... Could you elaborate on what it is you used to do. Its important that we all have some understanding of eachother so we can know who to turn to in times of need." *Garnet gets out two spray cans of whipped cream from the fridge, setting them aside for later*

"Well, Verdites like I were created on homeworld, and sent along with the usual set of convoys and guards, to help proctor and administer that gem growth was up to standard. I spent my time caring for MANY Quartzs, and when the project was finished..." She sighs, "they left me here. I tried to convince the mission leader, a jasper of some form, to speak to a higher authority about ending gem production on this planet. I could see it has suffered immensely, just by looking at other extraction sites." She sighs again, sitting back further.

{Garnet} "hmm." *not much response from Garnet*

{Lapis} "I'm guessing they didn't take it well when you wanted to do the exact opposite of what you were made to do."

"Yeah... One gem, a guard, was then assigned to shatter me. She almost did, and my gem cracked. That's all I can remember; up to that point is when I draw blanks"

{Lapis} "mmh..." *Lapis is feeling sympathetic*

{Garnet} "Well you are ok now, and able to freely make choices because of your will to choose in the first place." *summoning a pair of Gauntlets to protect her hands, she takes the cake out of the oven, swiftly turning it upside-down, and smashing it down upon a clean cutting board with a 'CLANG!', the cake looking no worse for wear* "welcome to earth."

She wonders why the threatening one keeps repeating herself, and banginnthings around. She waits for anything to happen

{Garnet} *grabbing and shaking up the whipped-cream,* "Lapis. Steven will be awake soon. Go get the others." *Garnet crushes the cans, causing them to safely explosively decompress in her gauntlets, directed into the cake* *tossing the empty cans and un summoning her gauntlets, the cake is practically finished*

{Lapis} "He is? That's great! I'll get them now." *Lapis heads over to the warp pad, traveling away*

She waits patiently, sitting new the sleeping child

*a little time passes, before the warp pad light up, the other Gems all coming back*

{Pearl} "~Steven~" *Pearl sings his name* "~are you awake?"

{Amethyst} "yo! STee-MAN! You up?"

{Steven} "mmh... Izalng nigh... Huh?" *getting past pre-wake mumbling, Stevrn sits up, looking at you* *his whole face lights up, as he excitedly says,* "Iiiiiit wooooooorrrrked!" *eager to welcome you to the family, he goes to grab you hand, and look over at everyone* "this is Pearl, Amethyst, Peridot, Lapis- ooh! And Garnet made Cake!? This is amazing! We're all here and it like- it's like- ... Your Birthday! Ooh! We need the cape!" *Steven gets off the couch, and starts headed up the stairs to the 'bedroom'*

{Lapis} *Smiling at Steven's joy*

{Peridot} "ugh. The Birthday thing? I thought we went over the senselessness of that ritual."

{Garnet} "good morning Steven."

She watches, not being able to stifle a chuckle. "He's such a lively one..."

{Steven} *digging through stuff,* "mcp bearbear, mc bearbear. onion's gal. napkin."
"A-ha! Got it!" *runs back down, a red regal cape and crown in his hands* "Here! you put it on, and then you have a happy Birthday!"

{Garnet} "I'm sure Verdite will enjoy it."

{Steven} "Verdite? thats your name? Thats Cool! I'm Steven."

*the other Gems are happily watching this moment take place, though Peridot is still somewhat skeptical of 'Birthdays'. you aren't recreated all over again just because the Planet has achieved a full 360 degree revolution about its Sun. a Birthday only happens once!*

She gingerly puts it on, smiling at the child "why thank you, Steven"

{Steven} "Your welcome. but now its Cake time." *Steven starts to head towards the Kitchen where the Cake is waiting, but stops and thinks a moment when he looks at Garnet, and then back at Verdite* "Wait, there's still so many of you! I gotta do it again! Then you can wear the Cape, and they can wear the crown!"

{Garnet} "hmm..." *adjusts her shades* "ok." *Garnet quietly looks at everyone else, trying to send a, 'no' vibe for talking about Steven's possible exhaustion*

{Pearl} "ah, well. I, mean, of course! There are two Birthday things after all!"

{Peridot} "your basing your logic for further attempts at cleansing on the number of Shirts available?"

{Steven} "Yea! its a great idea!"

{Amethyst} "Hey, the more the merrier. lets get crazy!"

{Garnet} *walks to the Temple door to open the way to the Bubble room* "this way everyone"

{Lapis} *is keeping quiet...*

She Curiously follows, still wearing he cape

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Stable Clusters, Cleaned Corrupts (SU AU)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus