Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Come and See The Miraculous Ocean Child! (Open)

Anna Rockfeller (played by Etch)

Anna frowned concernedly at the boy's statement, before turning towards the mermaid before her. She smiled warmly, stating, "It's alright. I didn't mean to alarm you."
Atl (played by Mernaga) Topic Starter

Atl couldn't hear her at all through the glass, but his brow furrowed when she looked at him, upset she'd had his friend go.
Anna Rockfeller (played by Etch)

Anna frowned, supposing that maybe he couldn't understand her. Or maybe the glass was muffling all the noise. He seemed upset, though, that the boy hand left. She frowned. How could she communicate that she was just doing her job? Could he read? She doubted it. In the end, she pointed to the air vent the boy had climbed through and then made a walking figure with her hands, before pointing towards him. Hopefully that made some sort of sense...

Atl's brow furrowed a bit deeper at that. ...The boy was walking in there to him?
After another moment, he swam up toward the surface to get his breakfast, since his friend had left.
Alex Selene grey (played by Raider-jack29)

Early the next morning Alex made sure to sneak back in to revisit his friend, but first making sure the door was barricaded first, oh and he made sure to steal the key and lock the door just in case.
((I'm really sorry about being late!))

Yume cheerfully walked into the aquarium building minutes after it opened for the day, with Jamie stomping behind her.

"This is a stupid idea." Jamie said, clearly not wanting to be here. "Aquariums are dumb."

"Oh, c'mon! We never do anything I want to..!" Yume said, a childish pull in her voice.

Jamie sighed. "Fiiine... Let's just get in and out in less than an hour."

The pair walked around for a while before Yume stopped at Atl's tank, with Jamie stopping soon after.

"What is it now?" Jamie said, annoyed.

"Just gimme a minute over here, you can go do your own thing," Yume said.

Jamie rolled her eyes and walked away to do something else. Yume, however, pressed her face against the glass of Atl's tank before eventually spotting him. She was surprised for a moment, seeing as though there was a merchild in the tank. She hadn't really known Atl was in there, as she wasn't from around the area, but eventually chose to watch him and see if he'd see her.

((I'm more used to being in a Group than on the General forum so let me know if I'm doing this right))

((Yup, you're good!))
Atl swam down from the surface while munching on a fish he'd been given for breakfast, but stopped when he realized he already had an audience this morning. He never really liked guests watching him eat, it made him feel... gross. So he carefully put his fish down on a rock before swimming a bit closer to the glass and doing a wide loop in view of the guests. His handlers always said he should show off more to the guests...

Watching the boy move through the glass was like a movie to Alex, the elegant swirls and dips fascinated him to no end. Once more he placed his hand on the glass and was content to watch.

Atl soon noticed that he'd come back, and looked torn whether to stay and entertain the guests, like he was supposed to, or go and see his friend again, like he wanted to.

Alex observes the boy as it appears he's taken notice of him.
Noticing the hesitation in his decision he motions for the merboy to continue with his show.

At that, Atl resumed doing a few tricks and spins to entertain the gathering guests.
...He didn't seem to be enjoying himself, though.

"That poor guy"
Alex muttered beneath his breath as he pulled his hand away from the glass.

The moment the crowd seemed to be dwindling, Atl distanced himself from the main stage, making his way over to where his new friend was.

Alex eventually noticed Atl moving ever closer to him.
Letting a smile appear on his face, he waved at the oncoming mer boy.

Atl gave a somewhat hesitant wave in return, settling into the sand in front of the glass separating the two boys.
He looked tired... and a bit sad.

Alex's face falls to one of concern. Did he upset him in some way ?

After a few moments of just sitting there, Atl glanced back up at the other boy, before putting his hand on the glass like the day before.

Finally feeling like he was making progress, Alex placed his hand up eagerly against the glass mirroring the boys action.
"It's a shame you can't hear me you know."

When Atl saw his lips moving, he suddenly remembered the idea he'd had yesterday, and pressed an ear up against the glass.

"I kinda wish you could hear me, I think we'd be good friends."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Come and See The Miraculous Ocean Child! (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus