Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Genre mascots art

40haoZ9.png

My first entry! I may try to do another one if I get a chance. :3 I think she'd probably be under Sci-Fi or maybe even anthro? I took inspiration from epic week and gave her an energy sword. <3
Moki wrote:
MadRatBird and I did a collab! I sketched and he colored :3
This could be either fantasy or creature!

magic_cat_by_madratbird-dbb9jai.png

Oh my gosh! I love love love this one!
All the entries are awesome! Good luck guys! 😀😀😀
tumblr_oqyfr6O4ff1tvlffpo1_500.png

Here is my wip! Im going for fantasy/steampunk theme!
Looks like my critter is going to be your little pet xD

Oh man, you can just feel the difference between my first attempt and the one I just now mad
A W.I.P. but heyyyyyyy doesn't stop me from posting it
What_a_beast.png
And here's the first one if you want to laugh
What_a_fail.png

Seriously, just a couple of weeks apart. But then again, new one is on A5 paper, the other one like... A6? No idea, but it's small, I'll tell you that

Lil' Steampunk Ermine :D
@Reima

Ahhh they totally fit my girl! haha the first attempt he looks fine but he looks so concerned!

Anywho here is my finished product! Mini for display purposes!
small_size_by_pippasaurs-dbbdoj8.png

Full size here!
I can also edit it with a lighter brown on the hands! I feel like it maybe to dark? Just let me know if you want it!
contest_entry_by_madratbird-dbbgzvm.png

My entry thingy.

I thought of a volcano or fire elemental and came up with this.

Also look up fire agate, it's beautiful ;-;

http://orig07.deviantart.net/3f9e/f/2017/154/e/a/contest_entry_by_madratbird-dbbgzvm.png Link to the piece!
MadRatBird wrote:
contest_entry_by_madratbird-dbbgzvm.png

My entry thingy.

I thought of a volcano or fire elemental and came up with this.

Also look up fire agate, it's beautiful ;-;

http://orig07.deviantart.net/3f9e/f/2017/154/e/a/contest_entry_by_madratbird-dbbgzvm.png Link to the piece!

Gorgeous.
We seem to have a theme of glowy things/holding things this year xD
badsanta_by_greekceltic-dbbmozr.png

I started with cyberpunk but to be honest this is not the direction I expected to go and I don't know what category Santa holding a rocket launcher fits into.

Are bad dads and grandpas a category?
TinyCentaur

Ashley wrote:
badsanta_by_greekceltic-dbbmozr.png

I started with cyberpunk but to be honest this is not the direction I expected to go and I don't know what category Santa holding a rocket launcher fits into.

Are bad dads and grandpas a category?

I 100% support the grandpa category and I love this man to bits already. <3
Ok from paper t pain and several hours of paint later and this is the best I could do. Fantasy category.
faefae_zps75ipzbey.png
Ilmarinen Moderator

This dorky beast was designed to be a backdrop against which the other genre jumble characters can be layered, hence the soft shading and overall light colors--perhaps they can even curl up in the crook of its tail! ... however, without realizing it I started painting way too small. I sized up halfway through and repainted the whole thing, but it might still be too small to work, alas. (I'm not too too happy with this ... if I have time, I would like to whip up a second entry--which would be a first for me.)

Genres: fantasy and creatures.

rprnerddragon_displaysize.png

Fullsize is here
I guess I'll give this a go!
I'm not the best at designs but there can never be too many dragons.

L9kQNfT.png

Fantasy? Anthro/Furry? Creatures? 'Dunno.
Sort of last minute entry, here is a little pumpkin dude. He is normal pumpkin size and pleased to meet you.
XKP2Gou.png
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Sort of last minute entry, here is a little pumpkin dude. He is normal pumpkin size and pleased to meet you.
rprmascot17_by_space_moose-dbbtd12.png

Link didn't work! Looks like dA is being a butt!
DA is a butt T_T it shows for me. I'll have to put him up on imgur when I get on a computer. Thanks for letting me know!
Relinked mine through imgur, so it's hopefully working now.
Seems 2017 is pretty spoopy for the genre mascots
CrystalFlare134 wrote:
I would agree on some but that cat in the frog suit with a balloon says otherwise XD
Pippasaurs wrote:
CrystalFlare134 wrote:
I would agree on some but that cat in the frog suit with a balloon says otherwise XD

also santa with a rocket would say otherwise XD

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Genre mascots art

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus