Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Genre mascots art

Sybil, do you still have the original file you created it in? Just blowing it up like that gives it a fuzzy pixel look, in some places worse than others.
When I blew it up, I went over it to try and fix that. Mostly because I wasn't happy with the original that I had created. It looked blurry before I did that too. I am not sure what I am doing wrong with it. Everyone elses looks so clear. ^~^' The digital stuff is still new to me. I apologize for all this fuss.
Everyone is so much better then me but im glad I was able to enter. I thought I would not be able to
Are there any rules against having our entries doing stuff that might not be considered 'appropriate'? Like smoking, for example.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Mori wrote:
Are there any rules against having our entries doing stuff that might not be considered 'appropriate'? Like smoking, for example.

A character with a cigarette has been a winner once before (about four years ago)
Ryu

3cb1938c5e.png

Gymbird

Genre:
Anthro/Modern/Slice-of-Life
DDoKTbf.png

Name: Skelly the Salty Dog
Genre: Horror/Pirates
Ryu wrote:
35d32520d6.png

Gymbird

Genre:
Anthro/Modern/Slice-of-Life

Who you pointed at, birdy??? O.O
Mori wrote:
DDoKTbf.png

Name: Skelly the Salty Dog
Genre: Horror/Pirates

Skeleton! Skeleton! I love!!! <3
FreeJayFly wrote:
Annnd... I finished my Astral Rogue. She was intended to be a mesh of post-apocalyptic and cyberpunk. e q e!
epicweek_2017_smol_by_freejayfly-db8qjmv.png

She has also been edited into my first post to this thread. u 3 u

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!! It's wonderful!!
SilentSybil wrote:
When I blew it up, I went over it to try and fix that. Mostly because I wasn't happy with the original that I had created. It looked blurry before I did that too. I am not sure what I am doing wrong with it. Everyone elses looks so clear. ^~^' The digital stuff is still new to me. I apologize for all this fuss.
In general*, images can be shrunk and still look clear, but blowing them up will make them look like that. The other images being posted are clear because they were drawn large - probably even larger than they are being shown here. They were never small.

*Most computer images are what is known as raster. The exception are vectors, which can be made larger or smaller without losing quality, but those require specific programs to create and will become raster as soon as they're saved as a regular image.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Omg, everyone's entries so far are just perfect. This is the year I'm gonna get bumped out!! :O
look at all these beauties already!!!

Kim how are you ever going to decide XD
Claine Moderator

Hey Kim can I just confirm we're allowed two entries again this year?
image_zps0xk2gmoj.png

My entry! (This can be sized to any size needed)

This is an entry for a "new" category- Artifacts! The mask is an old enchanted (sort of haunted) artifact that has undiscovered powers!
So, if we submit a character (/drawing) and it isn't chosen as a winner, do we retain the rights to that character(/drawing) ?
TinyCentaur

*spots everyone's amazing entries*
*looks at own.*
*drops it and runs off crying.*

watertaur_by_tiny_centaur-db8w21t.png

Slice of Life/Fantasy Mash up.
I'm disappointed with the lack of Centaurs we have on RPR. I wanna change that!

(( Real talk though: Look at all these lovely entries! So pretty! ))

I'll be back tomorrow with my second entry. ouo (Possibly more than two is going to be made as well!)

EDIT:

aa_by_tiny_centaur-db8yjuf.png

My second entry! (Can also be seen on the top of page 5.)
Horror/Abstract/Demon

EDIT 2;
rabbitdragon_by_tiny_centaur-db9puf1.png
third entry!
Scalie/Furre

SIDENOTE: These can be resized to any height you wish, Kim. They're totally flexible!
omg the little turtle in her tail as;lihfgaslaghash so cUTE
Laineie wrote:
So, if we submit a character (/drawing) and it isn't chosen as a winner, do we retain the rights to that character(/drawing) ?

Yes! :>
TinyCentaur wrote:
*spots everyone's amazing entries*
*looks at own.*
*drops it and runs off crying.*

watertaur_by_tiny_centaur-db8w21t.png

Slice of Life/Fantasy Mash up.
I'm disappointed with the lack of Centaurs we have on RPR. I wanna change that!

(( Real talk though: Look at all these lovely entries! So pretty! ))

I'll be back tomorrow with my second entry. ouo (Possibly more than two is going to be made as well!)

I love it! It's like a mix of Aquarius and Sagittarius! ❤❤❤

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Genre mascots art

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus