Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Genre mascots art

Fruitloop999

This was originally intended for sci-fi, but I think it could just as easily embody mutant or fantasy. I shall call him... Jerry...

RPR_mascot_contest.png

I'm not entirely happy with how this turned out, but overall I think it went well!
mmmmyas i can't wait to start my collab >D
untitled551.png

Here is my entree. Mine seems so blurry.
Hmmmmm, I may have got an idea for mine
Supposedly I'll take on the steampunk wheel this time xD Much fantasy here right now, great job on them you guys <3
I'm actually going to enter an Astral Rogue; utilising elements from both post-apocalyptic and cyberpunk settings with a psionic flair.
epicweek_2017_smol_by_freejayfly-db8qjmv.png

As always, click on the image for the fullsize resolution of the finished piece.
Soooo this is my first Epic Week and I have no idea at ALL what I'm doing... but here, have this!

OJqHVO9.png

Some say he's a traveling merchant, but it takes him a while to get from place to place so for the most part he'll be right where you expect him to be. So fantasy? I guess? Maybe? Like I said, I don't know what I'm doing but there's the idea I had so I hope he's at least enjoyed!
SilentSybil wrote:
untitled551.png

That might be too small. Kim likes to have large images available when possible to print on things like the special totes, and quality printing requires a minimum of 300ppi (which would make images roughly 1/3 as big), and preferably 600ppi (which would make them only 1/6). If you have a larger version still, be sure to mention it (with link if possible!) to improve your chances!
Crus0e wrote:
Soooo this is my first Epic Week and I have no idea at ALL what I'm doing... but here, have this!

OJqHVO9.png

Some say he's a traveling merchant, but it takes him a while to get from place to place so for the most part he'll be right where you expect him to be. So fantasy? I guess? Maybe? Like I said, I don't know what I'm doing but there's the idea I had so I hope he's at least enjoyed!
OH MY GAHD. <3
We ended up with a bit of a purple theme last year... so far, this year is looking like browns are in. :)
Claine Moderator

Crus0e wrote:

OJqHVO9.png

Aaaa cutie!
rat

Crus0e wrote:

asides from being fantastic art, this is such a refreshing entry for the fantasy/creature genre! all the detail is incredible!
Annnd... I finished my Astral Rogue. She was intended to be a mesh of post-apocalyptic and cyberpunk. e q e!
epicweek_2017_smol_by_freejayfly-db8qjmv.png

She has also been edited into my first post to this thread. u 3 u
FreeJayFly wrote:
Annnd... I finished my Astral Rogue. She was intended to be a mesh of post-apocalyptic and cyberpunk. e q e!
She has also been edited into my first post to this thread. u 3 u
ahh looks fantastic!
TinyCentaur

Man.

I wanna draw so many genres but I'm scared I might overdo it.

I'm definitely making a fantasy one. Even though that's the most popular genre here.

Maybe a dragon, horror and slice of life/fantasy character too.
Crus0e wrote:

OJqHVO9.png

I need this handsomeautiful little bugger in my life. I love him!
i origanly was not going to enter. but apone findin that my artapp allows meto scan a drawing on paper i figured id atemt it that way... after 3 hours or work heres my entry

2017-05-10_13.34.37.png
These all look so gorgeous so far. I might give a shot at it this year.
bought a new drawing tablet so might as well break it in.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

FreeJayFly wrote:
I'm actually going to enter two this year. One being the one I entered last year, hoping that she has another chance at being the mer-rogue mascot...

Unfortunately, they need to have been created for this contest, not last year's. But your second entry is happily accepted! :)
SilentSybil wrote:
untitled551.png

This is beautiful, but is going to be immediately disqualified during judging due to being too small. Read the entry guidelines carefully and give it another go, I'd love to have your entry! :)
Kim wrote:
FreeJayFly wrote:
I'm actually going to enter two this year. One being the one I entered last year, hoping that she has another chance at being the mer-rogue mascot...

Unfortunately, they need to have been created for this contest, not last year's. But your second entry is happily accepted! :)
SilentSybil wrote:
untitled551.png

This is beautiful, but is going to be immediately disqualified during judging due to being too small. Read the entry guidelines carefully and give it another go, I'd love to have your entry! :)

I read them actually XD. I really don't now why it came out that small. The program I am using is still new to me. I have made it bigger and fixed it up a bit, but now I am having the worst trouble getting it to a url and posting it here. I've tried Imgur, but it reverts it from PNG. I honestly don't know what to do to get it up here.
Aha! I think I finally got it!

149444372024851.png

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Genre mascots art

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus