Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

"I completely agree and would comply if... you didn´t have a debt in the first place... you set my vessel on fire in the first instance... if anything you owed me a replacement vessel, I will settle your outstanding debt by taking back my damaged vessel and its crew.

Next time... be more careful with the gems that you use, you could have roasted yourself back there..." smiled Calico patting her shoulder and passing her by on his way to check up the proximity to The Rosemary

"Consider yourself a temporary crew member until I offload you onto the right vessel and forget I ever saw your face" muttered Calico shaking his head at her tried out stunt
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

{ edited out for the fact my anger got the better of me}
"Forget you ever saw her face?" questioned Rufus in a frown, raising an inquisitive eye brow

"The captain and the crew and the vessel are yours indeed Jacky.... but... you were actually rescued from the water unconscious with a head injury, a proper castaway.

You know very well that castaways become slaves, that's how you caught her in the first place.... in which case... I have a duty to give you to the ship's owner at the time which would have been Seline. I think you'll find, you're actually hers till you buy yourself back or negotiate your freedom.

Not to worry, admiral Jackworth Pont-de-Ter, I will keep your ships running smoothly and I´ll keep you posted as usual.
Each of your ships have a very capable captain already, this one included.

On the other hand... forgetting your mistress face is unlikely unless she happens to sell you on..." muttered Rufus avoiding gazing into Calico's frown

"Oh what?!" spluttered Calico who was sipping a water skin at the time

"You heard... Jack... your ship, captain and crew are yours but... since you were a passenger, tossed overboard and injuried... passengers neither crew nor vessel so... you're a castaway, better get acquainted with your new master" remarked Rufus tossing shackles and chains at Seline feet

"For your slave, better you keep him locked and tied down, he is quite a scurry one" assured the master-at-arms going on deck, doing Calico Jack no favours, if anything grinning in a cheeky smirk, whistling away as he worked
Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex nearly chocked on her own tongue as the little wench tried to claim the ship was hers by quoting Teach's articles?! Teach was a mad man no other Captain would come up with a rule so obnoxious as that. She openly sneered down at he little girl.
"This aint Teaches Ship girl. This ship be mine and before me Captain Lefe and In his articles, or as you land-lovers call pirate code, he made no mention of givin' a ship over to any sort of savor. I dont give a balding rats rumpess what articles Teach has on the Queen Anne's Revenge this be the Golden Arrow." The groan and snap of a rope parting setting a sail fluttering in the wind pulled Alex's eyes to the men crawling around in the rigging. She stepped away not finished with her comment, that she was well aware of Captain Morgan's Code which is really were that quoted rule came from. And as much as she despised it she knew how to bend enough to comply with that rule, yet still get her way. Alex opened her mouth as commands rolled off her tough with a string of profanities directed towards her men's mothers and what they must of been to achieve such retched excuses for men. After the sail had be set again the ship continued on, slowly due to her damage, towards the Rosemary.
As Alex watch the other ship grow she her chains dumped on deck. She turned and caught the tail end of what Rufus said to Calico. She chuckled but decided that she had no desire to help Calico with this fine mess he got himself into. Instead she walked to the stern and watched the helmsman, seeing if he had any issues with the ship. She then passed a weathered eye over the decks, taking in the men, the sails, the supplies and the vessel herself; she frowned at what she saw. Fortunately the Rosemary saw the limping Golden Arrow and put on more sail to quickly make her way over to the burnt ship.
As the ships approached Alex kicked open a hatch that had flags in it. She pulled out a rectangular flag with a yellow square next to a blue square that the Master of the Rosemary replied with by holding up a long blue triangled shaped flag with a white circle inside. After replacing her flag she pulled out a megaphone and watched as both ships closed up sails and rolled parallel to each other.
"Hall! This is the Captain of the Golden Arrow! We have something for ya." She stepped down to stand near Calico offering him the Megaphone. "Have anything to pass?" As the waited men brought up plants to allow from the crew to cross from ship to ship.
Calico shook his head negatively briefly, patting her shoulder amiccably, simply getting close to the edge so he could be seen, raising and lowering his hat in a brief salute watching Edward Teach, the infamous Blackbeard, return the favour.

"Come over, Calico, come over...." waved Blackbeard "He doesn't have much time left" warned the seasoned pirate

"I would rather we skip on the formalities.. for the occasion..." muttered Calico Jack kicking away the shackles in disgust not about to humiliate himself and his impeccably ruthless reputation by being carried around like a common slave.

"Captain Alex, I expect monthly reports at each full moon, no excuses, Dom keeps an eye on your appointed ships only, Rufus keeps an eye on all my trades and finances.. Aynor has final say in all matters across the board." muttered Calico

"Captain, flank lady Seline Masters so that no harm comes to our guest" instructed Calico climbing onto the wooden planks and crossing to the Rosemary at long last expecting the pair of ladies to follow him, his hand shaking Blackbeard's one firmly.

Strangely though she mentioned a section of the teach articles not moments before, she had yet to inforce her claim. In fact, she looked she looked rather content as she swabbed the deck with a strange precision. That is until she was basically carted over on to the rosemary by two large man.

The Rosemary itself, while not particularly large, was a grand thing. It appeared as if made from a much lighter shaded wood, in the right light it could've been seen as white even.
It's sails did not bare the standard skull and crossbones as expected by most pirates, as instead it bore the image of a rosebud yet to bloom.

On this ship, many pirates worked. From young children no more than four, to old men and women looking healthy as ever.
And there standing upon the deck of the ship, healthy as ever, was captain Antony. Who wore his red cap and red coat, at his left side was the rusted hilt of a sword, still within its scabbard.
In all the years he's had it, the captain has never been known to draw the sword. Though they do say it is the very weapon that wiped out an entire fleet of ships from the white empire in a single blow, or as he refers to the blade 'shattered lighting'.
In his right hand however, he leaned on a Cain made of oak. It was relatively new looking and pretty well crafted over all.
Just below where his hand rested at the crook, was a single peice of standard green gem, which most of his enemies saw as useless seeing as they were at sea. Until he all to soon made them remember the ship was still made from wood.
"How's the final breaths coming along? Dying much? Next time I might skip your funeral altogether" smiled Calico Jack watching Edward Teach grin broadly, roaming the deck with his pipe puffing smoke, standing nearby Captain Antony.

In all honesty Calico was a little disappointed to figure out the truth but he had expected foul play from the word go, for Captain Blackbeard was never known to do clean, honest, straightforward business, thus, no better was to be expected from Antony, having such bad influence about.

"It took me some work and trouble but... here's the troublemaking lass you wanted... I wouldn't personally keep her aboard seeing she has a habit of being an arsonist but hey, your final wish and personal request is right here, Captain Morgan wanted to ensure you a timely delivery, so allow me to introduce her, this is lady Seline Masters" presented Calico Jack nudging the woman forward leaving her standing on deck.

"Now, brethren, if you excuse me, me and my captain here have a shore to get to and a ship to repair..." muttered Calico Jack, not about to hang about to figure out why the man had any interest in her.

Alex wouldn't say she followed Calico and the girl, she instead wanted to make sure the girl made it off her ship and she was a bit curious as to why so much fuss had been aroused from this slip of a girl. Once over on the other ship her eyes brightened , it wasn't everyday you had the chance to see two of the most famous Pirate captains of all time! For as much bad mouthing she did of other pirate Captains she did have a great respect for many, just not usually withing others hearing. And the infamous Rosemary was such a gorgeous ship, she knew she had to at least step foot on her. She let out a short chuckle at Calicos remark, and a small part of her unknotted once she saw Captain Antony standing there well and not on his deathbed. She was surprised at herself for actually worrying about the old codger, he knew how to take care of himself why should she care if he was going to die? She shakes her head a bit as Calico makes his departing remarks.
"If I may, I would like to say that it be my Honor to meet two of the most noteworthy pirate captains. Mappin' courses for us younger generations to voyage through. And for that I thank ya." She dips her head in a bow then her smiles slides into a grin "And now we shall set new courses, explorin' untraveled seas, uncoverin' new, grander treasures. In due thanks to yer initial heading." With that she stands there waiting. Part of her was curious about what could be so valuable about this girl, another part wanted to get her ship fixed as quickly as possible. Though curiosity usualy got the best of her in similar situations.
Edward Teach looked up briefly at Calico Jack, a small grunt of acknowledgement at Alex, his eyes and attention focused on Calico Jack instead, whistling for some of his crew to block Calico's departure from the vessel by removing the planks at once.

"Not so fast... you barely just got here, aboard.. would be rude and hasty to make such a sudden departure." halted Blackbeard sliding an arm around Calico Jack's shoulders. "You've grown big, too big for your own good, kido" informed Blackbeard.

"Personally, I dislike walking under others' shadows and playing by others' rules, sometimes in life we have no choice but to do so, to yield to those of greater skill and higher ability in order to live in peace or merely survive as is the case with Morgan... but... at least managed to defeat us at some point or other in order to make his demands and earn the right to issue orders and command authority. Now... all but a week ago... I received his latest orders and found them to be somewhat distateful.

I received word and instruction from our most respectable Sir Herny Morgan to walk under your shadow henceforth, instead, as he places you in his place.

It appears that the old seadog has put you in charge of most of us here giving you final say and authority on matters, as he would have done till now... and I honestly do not like it one bit. Admittedly he assumed captain Antony was passing away and dying off for real, when he's not, but Morgan's word seems final, his decision and mind set in stone, despite learning the truth of the matter.

I have written to him and he is refusing to budge on this decision of leaving it all to you..." explained Blackbeard puffing his pipe a little more

Calico Jack stood stiffly and briefly, swallowing hard. Had this been a trap to capture him all along? thought the man to himself at how foolish and trusting he had been

"Well it is expected he would do such a thing, I've defeated Captain Morgan, fair and square, on the battlefield. He knows he must forfeit and pay up, at least where piracy affairs is related or involved. For now we're remaining best of friends as he has opted to hand it over to me and to retire to live the life of royalty and noblemen instead" muttered Calico serious and sober, unwilling to deny or reject the newly given authority or discuss such sensitive matter

"So... Captain Antony, why this girl in particular?" asked Calico Jack hoping to leave the conversation he just had held, aside, for the time being.

((OOC: Edited to remove reference to the Brethren Court as requested))

Captain Antony cared little for matters of state, only sticking to the pirate laws out of necessity for order. So forgive him if he cared not for the chatter of politics and piracy. Eventually though calico raised the question of this girl as far as importance to him, boy was he excited for what happened next.

The captain gave a menacing glare to the girl as he approached her, as if she were but dirt instead of a lady. Grabbing her by the shirt he pulled her forward
Till they were inches apart.

"This little wrech here is-"
He proceeded to turn her around and face her tword the rest of the group, a large wide mouthed smile full of teeth appearing in matching sets on both their faces.
"My sweet baby niece!"
He announces with an almost fatherly pride as he hugs her from behind and she holds up a peace sign in her right hand.
"Ahh ... that explains why you would send Morgan to fetch her... being a lady of nobility and all that... it is unlikely she would have been allowed to meet up with scoundrels like you... bad influence and worse manners..." chuckled Blackbeard loudly at the unexpected introduction, smoking his pipe in between

"Your niece? well... that is... surprising news indeed. Although, considering her defiance to follow orders and stay put, it seems to me that you've got your work cut out for you already by the looks of it, my friend, rather you than me for sure." grinned Calico patting Antony's shoulder amiccably

"In any case, you've got her delivered safe and sound so, my task is done, I've no doubt you'll be thrilled to have her fullest attention and spend lengthy hours chatting away aboard the Rosemary... from my part, she's certainly all yours to keep" smiled Calico

"If the army where to stop and question me or my crews, I'll be sure to deny any knowledge of the girl altogether, you can make your own arrangements as to her fate, residence and future and... since I don't wish to spoil such lovely family reunion... my captain and I will be heading back to our ship, so much work, so little time, uh?" noted Calico glancing at Alex and tilting the head sideways to aim for the ropes and swing across if it came to that

Alex's fingers danced on the pommel of her rapier for it unlike Captain Morgan sword was oiled and flowed easily from its sheath. Her eyes never rested long on one man or in one area, and raising an eyebrow at the crossing boards were removed. But with Captain Antony statement her eyebrows tried to hide in her air. She quickly recovered and actually had to suppress a laugh as she imagined this gruff pirate taking charge of that little whelp. Her face was impassive as a calm sea as Teach and Calico chatted about the pirate higherarchy Which Alex didn't give a wit about. Though she did catch Calicos subtle node towards the ropes the Golden Arrows crew had left dangling.
"SAILS!" The call sprang from voices on both vessels as their sharp eyes caught the first glimpse of another Ship approaching.
"Seems we best be leavin' now Calico." She nodded slightly at Blackbeard and Captain Morgan. "Enjoy yer hands with that one. Though a word of warnin' keep her away from the red stones she likely to scorch yet fine ship." With that Alex grabbed a rope and swung over to the listing Golden Arrow.
"Not so fast... you barely just got here, aboard, would be rude and hasty to make such a sudden departure, without permission or farewells." halted Blackbeard narrow eyed at Calico Jack

"You've grown big, too big for your own good, kido" informed Blackbeard "So... one foot out of the Rosemary... we'll blow and drown The Golden Arrow for better measure... no survivors either... it all goes down to Davis Jones locker" warned Blackbeard puffing his pipe watching Calico release the rope, just as Alex swung across.

"I am keeping you Calico Jack. Morgan may be refined in upbringing and mannerisms but he's very cunning and wise too, if in his strategic move he chose you as his replacement, it's for one good reason only, you must be the best out there, and given you're commanding authority now, seems plausible that you might be too valuable to let you just slip away..." trailed off Blackbeard sword resting upon Calico's shoulder.

"Best you take a seat by the floor against the mast... preferrably" advised Edward Teach watching Calico comply for now, thus going to sit where he had been appointed, fortunately, not yet the oars.

Blackbeard turned his attention at Alex with a broad smile.

"If Calico has been mad enough to leave such young lass as you are in charge of his raider vessels then perhaps you should stay here with me a while and we get better acquainted, that is, unless you want the commodore's body returned in pieces and your ship wrecked..." warned Blackbeard intending to make good on the threat, personally at that

"You'll experience a proper raid first hand if you refuse my invite." noted Blackbeard

"Captain... it would be good to have you here... a while... for now..." nodded Calico not one to endanger his captains, crew or ships needlessly

Alex's boots touched the rail and turned quickly when Calico did not land next to her. Her face darkened with Blackbeard's threats. She knew the Golden Arrow was no match for the Rosemary even if she wasn't already damaged. A snarl escaped her lips as Blackbeard casually placed his saber near Calico's neck. Her eyes narrowed and her knuckles tightened on the rope she had yet to release as Blackbeard threatened her. She wasent afraid of meeting him in a one on one fight but she didn't think the Golden Arrows waterlogged crew would stand up to that. And she didn't desire to toss their, or Calico's, lives away.
"Aye, I thinks I could entertain meself in yer company. Besides spending time with the great Blackbeard I could learn a thing or two." With that she easily swung back over to the Rosemary standing tall on its rails she addressed the bearded pirate. "Though with sails approachin' it be mighty suspicious if two vessels were sittin' here along side with one looking the worse for wear." She let go of the rope but hadent stepped down from the railing yet therefore looked down at Blackbeard.

Antony may have been preoccupied previously with his dear niece, but he was no fool, he could see the threats in Edwards eyes. The unsteadiness of calico's hands, the hardly supressed raged of the other young lady. No way was he having such actions take place on his ship, banging the bottom of his cane on the sturdy wood of the ship and watched as his crew fell silent. "I'd advise you not to make such threats while on my ship mr. teach, less we have a repeat of the last time you challenged me?" He stated, leveling a frightening look upon the man. A look that would have grown hardened sea worn men shaking in their boots. Brushing his thumb across the green Gem on his cane, the captain could only continue staring at teach as the small stone began to glow a luminescent light green, his ship gaining a thin aura matching in colour and vibrancy. Below their feet the wood began to snap and crackle.

Though upon hearing the suggestion of the young woman from earlier, he noded and swiped his thumb over the gem once more. As it deactivated and the green aura faded from the surrounding ship, he turned.
Grabbing his niece by the sleeve.
"We'll take cover under the cliffs."
He announced with finality as he pulled her by the sleeves into the halls of the ship.
"Learn by talking? Nonesense, nothing like a good rumble to learn by doing, not by looking and talking" corrected Blackbeard, resting a gentle hand upon Alex shoulder.

Blackbeard grinned broadly at Antony's word of warning.

"Captain, I would very much look forward to clashing swords with you Tony, it's been too long since we our first and last duel ever. Back then I was inexperienced, rash, young and much too distracted, things would certainly fare differently given our greater experience from both of us, an epic battle indeed" mused Edward Teach trying to remember his first defeat in his younger foolish years when stamina overshadowed reason and strategy with a somewhat fond smile. "Life at sea has indeed taught me much more than I knew back then, though, I will admit to you I would not consider crossing swords with Morgan again, that was far more recently and he got the better off me. I suppose Jack must be a rough diamond if he has somehow managed to disarm the man..." mused Edward raising an inquisitve eye brow at Calico finding such claim hard to believe but used to surprising outcomes on sea.

"Tony... you go take your niece to the safety of the hills and get cover. This lass and I are going back to her ship and giving these landlovers a fair ride for their too well paid wages with what's left of the Golden Arrow" decided Edward cheerfully opting to go with Alex instead of staying

"Let's see what Golden Arrow is made of shall we, lass?" mused Edward watching Calico gawk

"Unbelievable, you've denied me passage and refused to come aboard for the past twenty years and now you take her aboard my raider?" half protested Calico clearly envious

"Hah! ... I am picky with my apprentices... you stay here put... I want to try out the lass and her ship... you get to wait" dismissed Blackbeard twisting his thin black beard and looking to Alex

"Come on, captain, we have a tail to get rid of" urged Blackbeard grabbing a rope with ease ready to cross to the Golden Arrow without a second thought or delay

"Go on, Alex, we'll meet at the tavern... some time..." waved Calico yielding at being shunned by Blackbeard yet again. The man was his hero, had always been his hero since childhood and whilst he was proud to stand on equal footing or even higher ground these days, his dismissive attitude still somewhat hurt Calico's well concealed feelings

"So... I trust your niece has informed you that I am her rescued castaway?" quizzed Calico, having kept quiet in the presence of Blackbeard out of sheer pride.

"I guess that puts me at your command, sir, or hers... if it comes to that, until we can discuss the matter of ransom" mused Calico following Antony and Seline "Oh yes, there's one small other matter I need to confess to... when you have the time..." trailed off Calico swallowing hard

After awhile of walking through the halls of the ship, which seemed to stretch on into infinity.
Antony would stop, his long silence proof enough of how much thought put into his next statement. "Teach was always a good man calico, but he is too prideful. Even when we were young he let his ego get the best of him. It's time we show him once more how pride is his folly, I'm about to ask you something. I need your absolute word that you'll do as I say. After it's over, consider your debt payed in full."

He told him, his voice grim and his face covered by the shadow of his bangs. "I may be old, but regardless of the code. That island is my home, where my baby sister lives, and where my dear neice was born. I'll be damned if I let him sack it."
He told calico as he brushed his thumb over the green Gem on his cane once more. The wood of the ship itself now outlined in the same malevolent green aura that emanated from the gem.
"You won't be so forgiving after I inform you that I took her mother ransom and sold her into slavery, not before the rich stubborn woman handed over her property and assets, I've no clue about her fate or whereabouts" admitted Calico confessing to kidnapping and robbing and selling Seline's mother

"She was too stubborn and mouthy to bother keeping her, much like her daughter here" winced Calico "I swear I had no clue they were your kinswomen" added hastily

Seline had never wanted to kill a man before, but now she was so very tempted. Her grip tightening on her uncles hand as his tightened around his cane.

"You know calico, your so very lucky I tend to be very forgiving. Because you broke the most basic law of piracy. "
He tells calico as he runs twords the doors leading out on to the ships deck. Reaching into his pocket he pulls out his telescope, extending it as far as he can. The mansion on the hill sat there as it always had, but something was off. The lady of the house still sat in the window, her gaze directed straight twords the ship. She looked sad, and yet strangely free. He then turns the telescope to just below her. At the grand gates, each and every item belonging to her was slowly carted out one by one.

"Knowing my sister-"
He puts his telescope away, a sad looked upon his face.
"Looks like neither me or Seline will be going home for awhile."
His face turns to calico once more.
"Congratulations, your debt has been furthered."
Calico Jack raised a puzzled eyebrow

"With due respect we don't all live by your rules, some of us follow different paths" countered Calico

"I'm a pirate not a knight in shiny armour, nor a charity, I mostly raid and pillage cities, towns and islands. I plunder ships but in all cases, my strongest wealth comes from kidnap ransom and slavery.

Women are easily taken and good for doing chores in households, most valuable at sale point.

Children are the easiest picking, they cannot fight the inevitable, quickly subdued and trained into any tasks, great labourers for my plantations.

Unarmed men are perfect for rowing and ship repairs perfect for heavy chores.

I live by wealth making lifestyle, not Morgan's overly honourable ways, those would leave me a poor street rat" pointed out Calico speaking calm but honestly as some of his crew came to collect the woman, the furniture and the house and board the silver spear that had just docked

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus