Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Alex (played by YokoSama)

"HA! Indecent..haha I dont kow what else to call that dress from earlier." She stayed in-front of him as they came up the stairs. "Ya ya. Sometimes ya big manly men just aint any fun to tease." they came up on the deck, the ship had already come round the bed and they could see the Rosemary's side lights. "Aye. I appreciate that. Besides you probably dont remember how to steer a ship this size anymore." She grind at him and the wind shifted. The grin dropped from her face as the scent of smoke grazed over the ship. Her eyes widen as she saw smoke trailing from the stern of the ship.
"FIRE!" The men all start rushing around the decks grabbing buckets of water to toss on the growing amount of smoke. One man opened the door to Alexs cabin and was blown back as the fire blew out of the room and started engulfing the stern of the ship. Profanity's flew from Alex's lips at the crew as she too raced to put out the growing fire.
"Blast it all! MORE WATER!" Nothing mattered if the ship burnt! How would that be, her first command burnt to a crisp by a fire in her own cabin. Her own cabin! S**t the girl. Well she's toasty by now.
Calico Jack quickly jumped towards the rigging and up onto the sails, climbing up the ropes and ladder towards the crow's nest, from such height he was still unable to spot Seline Masters due to the thick smoke and rising flames that made swift ashes of any dried wood it quickly came in contact with.

Having assessed the ever growing danger, Calico deemed it best to let this one be, he used a dagger he'd stolen from Dom as he came on deck and cut ropes from the sails using them to slide down free falling gracefully, fast, if menacing, to land back on deck with a loud thump, muttering a curse at his inability to save the entrapped woman whom Alex had just called a roasted one with good reason.

"Forget the ship, off to the row boats and over to the shore! This one's condemned" barked Calico loudly watching Dom quickly relay the order to abandon ship and move the crew into salvaging mode, stopping to try to put out the quickly spreading and ever growing fire, focusing on grabbing weapons and key valuables quickly and safely as they could manage.

Calico sounded the war horn which was followed by the bark "Abandon ship!" to make everyone jump ship taking what they could with them, writing off the rest and consigning it to the depths of the sea sooner than later.

Calico grabbed the largest and sturdiest row boat, his eyes scouting the waters for a sign of the captured woman who was the clear culprit of this loss, eyes narrowed menacingly, loaded crossbow to hand ready to shoot on sight, with a dangerous murderous glare, waiting for Dom and Alex to get onto his boat, somewhat relieved at the few lost crew members, that being his only consolation. Though the lack of girl wouldn't go down well with Morgan when the message got to him, at the end of the day it was her choice and her own doing and couldn't be helped.

Calico watched Dom dive into the waters and make his way to the large row boat, drenched but overall healthy and alive, like the rest of them, lowering a hand closer to the water to help up those coming closer to him, tossing a rope for Alex to grab and join him "Come on, butterfly, swim faster" urged with a hint of worry for his new captain

Alex was furious. How dare he! You never abandon the vessel unless the water is up to your neck already. Every sailor worth his salt knew that. Being on a sailless ship with a hole at the waterline is better then a tiny rowboat out at sea! Alex got shoved by a burly sailor to the rail and in her rage she grabbed him and threw the coward over as Calico's orders were repeated by Dom. She refused to abandon the ship as he called. And she watched as the cowards and bottom feeders when down in the few rowboats but many jumped ship. She hoped they couldn't swim. She even watched as Calico when down in the last boat.
"COWARDS! YER ALL BLOODY COWARDS!" She snarled and raved the flames engulfing the stern of the ship, climbing up the sails quickly growing into an uncontrollable fire. It climbed up into the rigging, the tar encrusted ropes catching fire quickly; falling rigging rained down upon Alex.
"I aint diein' here!" Alex snarls as she looks over the side, seeing no dangerous jetsam, leaps overboard. She stayed down long enough to swim a bit away from the ship and the flaming pieces. Alex quickly spotted Calico's tall figure standing on the bow of a rowboat motioning at her. She quickly swam over to the boat.
"Dont ya worry about me keeping up, I could out swim this boat if I need to." With that she grabbed the edge and heave herself up. causing it to rock with her weight suddenly. "Bleeding Haha burnt down my ship." She snarled under her breath.

(Edited due to OOC godmoding. Sorry folks!)
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

So it wasn't her best idea, but she couldn't help it. Just as she made her way to the emergency boat near the back of the ship though why one would put a boat in such a place was beyond her. Though just as she did, she froze. She could do it right now, leave without another word and survive another day, but would it really be worth it.

From the screams of pain below she could tell their were still people on the ship itself, trapped inside the burning fires below. She then proceeded to do the stupidest thing she had ever done before. She turned her gaze to the horizon just off to her right. She was reasonably sure that they were still relatively close to the shoreline. Well close enough to feel the oncoming high tide that came every day around the same time and often went high enough to cover the cliffs some days. She desperately hoped this was one of those days as she ran close to the whelk and observed the surviving members of the crew still trapped on the ship due to lack of enough life boats.

"If you idiots want to live you better listen good, lift the anchor and seal down the rigging. Prepare for a starboard turn!"
She shouts as if directing the remaining crew members.

(I'm changing my mind...I'm way to invested in my stories to suddenly quit.)
(( OOC Forum for discussion can be found here. Use this for OOC comments and to discuss details of plots, characters etc))

"Honestly... I care not for such small vessel as the Golden Arrow, it can drown for all I care I have over five hundred others to jump aboard on them. My intention was to take her to the Rosemary... alive... right away and deliver her to its dying captain before he passes away which is happening as we speak.

I have no idea why the most fearsome pirate of all times wants to see her in particular seeing she is clearly nothing but a liability. However, everyone who is anyone is out there trying to get her to that ship, willing or otherwise and we would be better off having the honour of doing so ourselves" noted Calico turning

"Let's hope I am not whipped and keelhauled for endangering her with that wretched fire she caused with that stunt of hers. Last time, captain had his best friend quartered for disappointing him, pray to Neptune captain is too busy with rum, pain or pressed for time to care" muttered Calico Jack

"She owes me a ship already and a fine lordly outfit" informed Calico of her debts "If Morgan doesn't vouch for her and pay her dues, I will send my collectors to get it off her one way or another, later on.

I have yet to inform her that I had her mother seized and held hostage... I was too tangled up so I could not tell her about that sooner. She burnt my ship before our chat, so one more trouble from her and she could end up an orphan.

For now we return to Morgan's feast or the tavern if you prefer and wait for The Silver Spear to dock, your next ship will be here with a day or two delay at most, captain Alex" muttered Calico letting Alex choose

Which one shall we go to, refined lavish food and music or grubby hearty meal at the tavern?" Quizzed Calico brushing some water out of his soaked hat

((OOC edited to align with Alex updated reply))

Alex listens to Calico blaber on. The man had lost his head about ships. "Ye have been out of the true piracy ring for some time if yer think that ship wasnt good. She was small and had a sleek hull. She'd slip fine past blockades and could out run most ships larger then her in the shallow coastal waters." She snorts at Calico then grins. "Well you wont be stuffin' me back into one of those dreadful dresses again so I say to the Tavern we go." She felt around her belt, her rapier rested on her left hip, she needed to get it cleaned and dry before it tried to rust on her, then she felt for her large pouch that always had some gold in in. Not to mention the few other places she had hidden on herself were she always had coins tucked away for emergency purposes. She did chuckle at the next ships name. "Silver Spear, Golden Arrow. Do ye have a fetish fer colorcodin' yer ships Calico?" She grins at him and the notices the burning Golden Arrow's bow slowly turn against the wind. She stood up to get a better view snarling. "What..?!"
"I commissioned five ships alike, identical, Golden Arrow, Silver Spear, Red Rose, White Skull and Black Crow. They are differentiated by the main sail design, where the ships got their name from.

You have a keen eye indeed for they're fine vessels, light and sturdy, perfect for raiding" agreed Calico his eyes set on the shore

As the ship turned sharply, its side now facing the sea. Not far off, a large wave appeared over the horizon and was gaining fast, it was taller than the island cliffs, and wider then the ship.

"Brace for impact you damned idiots!!!"
She shouted above the roar of the incoming wave as it no sooner overcame the ship, overtaking it with water before eventually flowing away after the impact. Though how it failed to tip the boat she'd forever wonder, regardless it seemed to effectively put out the fire before it could burn a hole in the side of the ship and sink it. So she at least could call THAT a win.

Alex's eyes widen in shock and she mumbled "by neptune it a rouge wave!" Rouge waves were uncommon even more so this close to shore, and things rarely turned out well for any ship who meets one. As she watched this small rouge crash over her vessle Calico rambled on. But that was all she had time for then it was their small rowboat that was tossed like a piece of driftwood in the cresting wave. Alex held no fear of drowning but being smashed against the cliftside was not how she pictured herself dieing.
Miraculously the light little boat road up the wave and over the crest as it passed. All the passengers were waterlogged and shaky but also were alive. Alex dug her nails out of the wood as she watched her ship slowly, ever so painfully slow, roll back to a mostly upright position. She grinned for that was a sure sign that this was to be her ship, that and with her stern, rigging and decks no longer on fire she was salvageable.
"Pick up ya oars yer potbellied swine. It seems my ship still floats and so we shall take her yet again!" Her eyes gleamed with fever, it wasent that the ship was special oh no it was what the ship represented to Alex. Her first command, the first ship of many that she will take as prizes and claim as her own. She will be the most notorious pirate of all the seas! Greater then Blackbeard in the West, greater then Black Bart in the North, greater then Long Ben in the East, and even greater the Captain Morgan himself!
Dom grabbed Calico Jack and laid him down on the boat, his existing head injury, the rocking boat and a slam from the oar making him pass out again, tragedy averted by Dom alertness and swift move.

"Aye aye captain" agreed Dom taking her orders without questioning

"Ready to board" shouted Dom watching the crew take up ropes, hooks, nets to return to the Golden Arrow
Dom looked to Alex with a broad grin, carrying Calico, as if he were carrying a heavy sack of potatoes over his shoulder, the limp limbs a clear indication the man would be none the wiser about this less than elegant manhandling.

He motioning the crew to get closer to the vessel and got the men back onboard, barking orders to get the ship immediately inspected and the treasures and weaponry relocated at once, checking on those left behind for anyone wounded, mostly, prisoners and slaves.

Alex let a small grin slips past at Dom rough handling of Calico. She got a greater laugh that his head hung quite near Dom's rear. As soon as her boots hit the deck she rushed to the stern to see if the helm or rudder had suffered any damage. She let out a snarl when she saw the blond hair hag back there.
"You little wench!" She snarled out as she heard Dom calling to the crew commin' aboard to start hacking at burnt sails and ropes trying to get any ruined degree off the ship so she could sail unhindered. The few crew that hadent jumped ship during the fire or were washed over with the great wave looked around confused and a bit frightened.
Alex's fingers racked back into claws as she wanted to grab this whelp of a girl and throw her back down into her burnt out cabin! "DOM! Wake Calico now! I don't care how but do it." She roared out as she kept a close eye on the girl.

Once it could be said, that in the field of piracy one was to expect the unexpected. One was also asked to let nothing suprise you, but the next actions of the soaking regal girl before them were what held it to a new falsehood.
From her place beside the wheel she stood, under the eyes of Alex she made her way down the steps from the wheel, and into the halls of the ship itself. Pirates and other assorted crewmen could only marvel as she made her way down the hall, and with all the grace and dignity of a lady of status, made her way into the now burnt and soaked captains quarters and sat herself in what remained of the chair she had previously been held captive in.
The only thing betraying the slight fear she still held, was the burnt hands that clutched the remains of her tattered burnt gown.
Dom brought Calico to a barrel of water, grabbing him by the back of the neck and dunking his head a few times in and out. Calico would either drown or wake up choking and gasping for air but awake and indeed Calico trashed and coughed but did wake up

"Are you out of your mind? Do you have a death wish?" Quizzed Calico gasping yet furious

"Nay... captain wants you awake" replied Dom simply

Calico nodded satisfied enough despite his soaked clothed, hair and drumming headache and came to report to Alex

Alex snorted as the little whelp who tried to hold head up as if she were some stately queen, was led down to the scorched cabin that miraculously still had the same chair to tie her to, though this time Alex was the one who tied her down. Alex grinned as the gag she used was chard. "Enjoy the taste of the gag. Oh and I hope ya also have a taste for older men." She left the girl wide eyed and struggling agents her ropes. As Alex strode up the stairs she saw a dripping and sour faced Calico waiting for her.
"Ah good yer away. She'll need some repair work but she will be able to make it to the Rosemary. I cant say how well we will fair as a decoy anymore though. Most of the damage was at the stern and since the flames were so hot the scorched much of the wood but did not go deep into the wood itself." She looked out over the ship as the men had finished shoring up the ship, then looked past at the rolling sea. A harsh call from the up at the royal top sail "SAILS AHEAD!" Alex stepped smartly to the rail and climbed up part of of the ropes for a better view. She grinned "Calico I do believe we have found the Rosemary!"
Calico Jack came downstairs surprised to find Seline there coming to sit across from her and cutting her loose with his dagger

"I intend to take you to the Rosemary and I expect you to comply to my every word, lass, if you don't you're going to end up an orphan" informed Calico abruptly

"While aboard my ships, you're part of the crew and will take and follow orders till you are delivered to my good friend" instructed Calico

"Do we have an understanding?" Quizzed Calico

Oddly when facing calico, she didn't seem frightened. Rather, she held out her hand and made a polite gesture of shaking his hand.

"I've read a lot about you in my books, your a lot more of a gentleman then they give you credit for you know."
She told him as if ignoring his obvious threat, though upon the mention of the rosemary her eyes widened. Rather strangely not in fear, but in pure delight.

"Your taking me to the rosemary? That Rosemary? the one that took out the entire first wave of the white armada with a single blow!? The one whose crew is so tough they are said to be descents of the gods!?"
No longer bearing the facade of a frightened girl, not a maidenly woman. She now seemed more of the excited child she should be. Before smacking his shoulder lightly.
"Could've told me that sooner you ninny! I would've gladly gone without making such an unladylike fuss."
Calico Jack pursed his lips staring at Seline

"Yes... the Rosemary... the training grounds where all the proper pirates are forged at and where we once sailed the open seas with, myself included. The captain is dying and for some unknown reason he wishes to see you. As my captive you are to comply to his demands, my orders and captain Alex, my second in command too.

Now... just to be on the clear... you are to know that I hold your mother hostage so any objections, refusals or troubles, I will gladly dispose of her on your behalf and on your account. It's in your best interests to take orders as they are given and carry them out punctually, no questions asked. Up you go back on deck and report to captain Alex for work and duties" waved Calico

"In fact, you can start by handing her back all the gems you have on you in your possession" remarked Calico

She couldn't help but roll her eyes as she stood, dropping the currently inactive shards of Gem on the ground she could help but laugh.
"Oh-"
She began as a small smirk began to slip on to her face.
"I had almost forgot, due to the pirates code written and set forth by founder Edward teach. If a pirates vessel and/or crew is saved by another. They forfeit all rights to the vessel and crew in question to said savior, until which time they can repay the debt set upon them by said savior. Since you run the fleet, and Alex is the captain, and being as it's never specified that the savior must also be a pirate for this to apply. By your very own laws, your ship now belongs subsequently to me."

She told him as she amazingly recited a large part of the pirates code almost by memory.
After looking upon the dumbstruck look in his face, she closes his mouth for him with a joking.
"You'll catch flies that way"
And makes her way out of the room and up to get her orders from the captain.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus